PDA

View Full Version : Are we the worst FA team in the NFL?

Red Dawg
03-03-2005, 08:42 AM
It sure seems like it. Other teams have visitors or make phone calls and offer up contracts and get the players they want. We have visitors and that's all they do is visit. We can sign all of them. Why the hell we don't hear more is beyond me. The cap will allow us these three players The Skins and Raiders are proof of it.

I will only feel good about our chances to win the division if we get 3 good FA's. Not middle ground, not cheap and unproven, GOOD FA's.

The Bad Guy
03-03-2005, 08:44 AM
You need to take some medication to relax a little.

3 of the top FAs are in TOWN. It's day 2 of free agency.

shakesthecat
03-03-2005, 08:47 AM
I suggest holding your breath until Carl signs someone.

Red Dawg
03-03-2005, 08:48 AM
I've got the feeling that Carl is not going to get any of them or maybe just one and that would piss me off.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
This is one of those moments when I ask myself, "self, why did you click on this thread?"

whoman69
03-03-2005, 08:58 AM
We are obviously not the worst FA team in football. In the past, teams like AZ and Cincy couldn't even get the players to come to town except as a last resort. Detroit was that way until they got Mooch as their coach. Some teams don't even get into the FA market because of their finances.

CosmicPal
03-03-2005, 09:00 AM
This is one of those moments when I ask myself, "self, why did you click on this thread?"

Perplexing, isn't it?

nmt1
03-03-2005, 09:05 AM
I've got the feeling that Carl is not going to get any of them or maybe just one and that would piss me off.

Well, we all know Carl. He doesn't care about the fans. You should write a letter.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:06 AM
No. How many other teams can you name w/ starting FA pro-bowl calibre RB AND QB?

Gaz
03-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Well, we all know Carl. He doesn't care about the fans. You should write a letter.

Concise, subtle, dry and right on target.

xoxo~
Gaz
Appreciates his smack slightly oblique.

Lzen
03-03-2005, 09:07 AM

:LOL:

AirForceChief
03-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Jeez this gets old...give them a Pro Bowl running back, trade for a Pro Bowl Tackle and QB...and folks still whine about a lack of personel moves. Same folks have championed more busts than misses over the last two FA periods...what, third times a charm? Hugh Douglas, anyone?

nmt1
03-03-2005, 09:12 AM
No. How many other teams can you name w/ starting FA pro-bowl calibre RB AND QB?

Don't forget Center, Left Tackle, Left Guard, and Full Back too.

nmt1
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Jeez this gets old...give them a Pro Bowl running back, trade for a Pro Bowl Tackle and QB...and folks still whine about a lack of personel moves. Same folks have championed more busts than misses over the last two FA periods...what, third times a charm? Hugh Douglas, anyone?

But...but...we haven't won anything in years...YEARS!!!

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Don't forget Center, Left Tackle, Left Guard, and Full Back too.

I didn't forget - I simply pointed out the fact that the two most important positions on offense, for the BEST OFFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, were both FA signings.

nmt1
03-03-2005, 09:17 AM
I didn't forget - I simply pointed out the fact that the two most important positions on offense, for the BEST OFFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, were both FA signings.

The failure of some to keep things in perspective is stunning.

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 09:19 AM

Trent Green was a trade. He wasn't a free agent.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:20 AM

True. I keep forgetting that we traded for him. Same difference in this case, as Surtain would fall in the same category. ;)

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:20 AM

Gee, did it take you 2 minutes to type that? :p

Red Dawg
03-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Just because we hit pay dirt trading for Trent and signing an barely known commodity in Priest does not mean we are not the worst. How many good players have come here and then left wityout being signed because of money issues or being told what they will have to compete. Carl has not evfen dropped the dead weight yet on defense.

It's nice that we have really good FA's in town at the moment but will we actually get any of them. I will stop baggering when ESPN report we have either Hartwell or Trotter and Rolle. Rolle is a must, Carl should not let him get away.

Red Dawg
03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Damn I phat finger that reply.

htismaqe
03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Just because we hit pay dirt trading for Trent and signing an barely known commodity in Priest does not mean we are not the worst. How many good players have come here and then left wityout being signed because of money issues or being told what they will have to compete. Carl has not evfen dropped the dead weight yet on defense.

It's nice that we have really good FA's in town at the moment but will we actually get any of them. I will stop baggering when ESPN report we have either Hartwell or Trotter and Rolle. Rolle is a must, Carl should not let him get away.

Absolutely freaking brilliant... :rolleyes:

nmt1
03-03-2005, 09:39 AM
True. I keep forgetting that we traded for him. Same difference in this case, as Surtain would fall in the same category. ;)

Roaf was a trade as well. I believe both Green and Roaf would've been let go by their respective teams had we not traded for them. They weren't free agents but they were on their way.

HC_Chief
03-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Roaf was a trade as well. I believe both Green and Roaf would've been let go by their respective teams had we not traded for them. They weren't free agents but they were on their way.

Yeah, we gave up a pick for Roaf... but IIRC it was a conditional. Hell of a trade there!!

nmt1
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, we gave up a pick for Roaf... but IIRC it was a conditional. Hell of a trade there!!

It was a heck of a trade. It kept him off the free agent market and netted us perhaps the best Left Tackle we've ever had.

Wallcrawler
03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I guess you would rather us dump the money into the bank accounts of these players BEFORE they pass a physical too eh?

Not smart.

I really like the fact that they are taking their time to make sure that they have the right guys in there. Trotter sounded great, but it is true that he has had two major knee operations.

The Chiefs know that they need to make some FA moves, some BIG FA moves this season. Slow ticket sales are probably the main factor, but they also had the worst defense in the league once again.

Carl has addressed the fans/media in regards to how much money the Chiefs have, and our Front Office was on the phone to these guys at one minute past midnight at the start of FA. It sounds to me that they are aggressively pursuing these guys.

Try to remember that its not just about bringing the guy in and ALLOWING him to sign. He has to WANT to sign here first and foremost, and second, we have to make sure that he can pass a physical and be ready for the season.

Ill direct your attention to the Derrick Mason deal. The New England Patriots offered Mason MORE money than the Ravens did. Mason's wife wanted to settle in the Baltimore area, hence, Mason is a Raven.

There are more factors at work here than just the money.

Sit back, relax, have a coke and a smile, and WAIT. We've got some of the biggest FA names IN KANSAS CITY RIGHT NOW. Just chill the F out.

If it turns out all of these guys leave without a deal, and at the end of FA the Chiefs havent made significant improvement, then you can bitch until youre blue in the face, and Ill give you positive rep for every post you can throw out there.

But, the fact is, it is only day TWO. The guys are here, they havent left. Have some patience.