PDA

View Full Version : Warfield makes the news....from KCStar

Scaga
03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Posted on Thu, Mar. 03, 2005

Chiefs' Eric Warfield sentenced on DUI charge

Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Eric Warfield was sentenced today to 10 days in the Johnson County jail followed by 80 days of house arrest after pleading no contest to a felony charge of driving under the influence.

Warfield also was ordered to pay a $1,500 fine and perform 100 hours of community service. He will be on probation for a year.

Warfield entered his plea in January.

In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dismissed misdemeanor counts of driving with a suspended license and having no proof of insurance.

The DUI charge against Warfield was a felony because he had two prior DUI convictions, Assistant District Attorney Adrian Gilby said in January.

Warfield, 28, was charged after he was stopped by Overland Park police on Sept. 20 on Interstate 435 near Mission Road for speeding and not staying within his lane of traffic. His blood alcohol level was later tested at 0.189 percent, Gilby said. The legal limit in Kansas for adults is 0.08 percent.

—Tony Rizzo/The Star

KCChiefsMan
03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
he deserves it, regular people get in trouble for that every day

Phobia
03-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Dude, Warfield IS a regular person. He's a rich regular person.

jynni
03-03-2005, 03:59 PM
While he's on house arrest he can watch game film.

In fact, that's all he should do.

KC Dan
03-03-2005, 04:00 PM
That ain't too bad. I hear the word felony, I expect a lot worse than 10 days in county.
I'll give you worse. With no FA cb's on the horizon - how about a 4 game suspension with Bartee & McCleon as starting cb's in week 1.

KC Dan
03-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm talking about the punishment he's receiving for felony DUI. Not the ongoing punishment I receive for being a Chiefs fan.
:thumb:

Rain Man
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
I'll give you worse. With no FA cb's on the horizon - how about a 4 game suspension with Bartee & McCleon as starting cb's in week 1.

AAAAAHHH! AAAAAAAAAHHH! (Runs screaming from the room.)

Over-Head
03-03-2005, 08:21 PM
A convicted Chiefs player. :eek:

..” no contest to a felony charge” :shake:
.."10 days in the Johnson County jail" :shake:
..” He will be on probation for a year” :shake:
..” driving with a suspended license and having no proof of insurance” :shake:
..” His blood alcohol level was later tested at 0.189 percent” :shake:

And posted right here, for enquiring minds and eyes to see, and make signaturs from :thumb:

Oh how I have waited for this day :evil:

NaptownChief
03-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Now that he is a convicted felon it insures that he will be Raider before his career is over.

KCWolfman
03-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Interesting - Warfield spent as much time on house arrest and jail as Leonard Little did for killing someone and getting caught a second time doing the same thing.

PR Spin - At least Leonard didn't kill anyone this time.

KCWolfman
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
A convicted Chiefs player. :eek:

..” no contest to a felony charge” :shake:
.."10 days in the Johnson County jail" :shake:
..” He will be on probation for a year” :shake:
..” driving with a suspended license and having no proof of insurance” :shake:
..” His blood alcohol level was later tested at 0.189 percent” :shake:

And posted right here, for enquiring minds and eyes to see, and make signaturs from :thumb:

Oh how I have waited for this day :evil:
Hell, you could have done that with Bam.

The difference is our players don't put out people's eyes.