PDA

View Full Version : Why would a defensive player NOT want to play at KC?

matts22
03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Ok, so if I'm a stud defensive player, here's what I'm thinking:

1. KC has a top offense. They will score 30 points a game.
2. KC defense currently sucks balls.
so......
3. KC only needs the defense upgraded to below average to become a contender.
4. They are desparate to win.

Conclusion: KC might not offer top dollar, but if they are in the general area, I want to play here...BECAUSE NOTHING IS EXPECTED OF ME. All I have to do is get the defense excited, and play football. No pressure what-so-ever. KC doesn't expect a couple players to turn them into a top D....they only want to improve a little to make them a contender. So why not take a little less money, go to a place with great fans, not deal with the stress of making the defense "great", and get yourself a superbowl ring?

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2005, 10:51 PM
$$$$$$$$

dirk digler
03-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Because GoChiefs is a Chiefs fan who likes it in the....

Shag
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Conclusion: KC might not offer top dollar, but if they are in the general area, I want to play here...BECAUSE NOTHING IS EXPECTED OF ME. All I have to do is get the defense excited, and play football. No pressure what-so-ever. KC doesn't expect a couple players to turn them into a top D....they only want to improve a little to make them a contender. So why not take a little less money, go to a place with great fans, not deal with the stress of making the defense "great", and get yourself a superbowl ring?

I think this is where you're wrong. If the Chiefs sign 1-3 big name defensive FAs, fans are going to look to them to be the saviors of the team. The offense is already in place, and if the defense fails again, these players will take a lot of that heat, and could hurt their reputation in the league.

tk13
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Well they want money, but I think it's pretty obvious there is plenty of interest the way that many of the top names like Hartwell, Trotter, and Rolle have spent pretty all of the first couple days of FA in Kansas City. I don't remember too many cases where that many guys were together in one spot that long to start off free agency. At least it doesn't seem like that happens too often, maybe I'm wrong....

unlurking
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I think this is where you're wrong. If the Chiefs sign 1-3 big name defensive FAs, fans are going to look to them to be the saviors of the team. The offense is already in place, and if the defense fails again, these players will take a lot of that heat, and could hurt their reputation in the league.
Yes, but of they are as good as they think they are, turning this D around would cement their top tier status.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Because GoChiefs is a Chiefs fan who likes it in the....

endzone!