PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore raido reporting that Baxter resigned with the RAVENS

Fat Elvis
03-04-2005, 09:41 AM
That is another CB off the market.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Good.

Baxter was about #20 on my list of CBs to be picked up. He wanted to get paid like Chris McCallister and got no interest from teams, so he took a much smaller paycheck to return to the Ravens than he'd been wanting.

I really didn't want us to go after him.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Dude, that deal has been done for weeks. Haven't you been paying attention?

Whitlock interviewed people at the SUPER BOWL that said the only reason that Hartwell would be a free agent is because Baltimore was concentrating all of their efforts on Baxter.

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Dude, that deal has been done for weeks. Haven't you been paying attention?

Whitlock interviewed people at the SUPER BOWL that said the only reason that Hartwell would be a free agent is because Baltimore was concentrating all of their efforts on Baxter.

The deal wasn't done. Didn't Baxter turn down a 10 million bonus a week or so ago?

Fat Elvis
03-04-2005, 09:51 AM
The deal wasn't done. Didn't Baxter turn down a 10 million bonus a week or so ago?

Yep.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
The deal wasn't done. Didn't Baxter turn down a 10 million bonus a week or so ago?Yep. This is NEW news.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 10:08 AM

It wasn't consummated, no. But they've been hammering on a deal since the first week of the playoffs. Both Baxter and the Ravens have commented publicly that the deal would get done - it was the #1 priority for both parties.

So this is no surprise to me. I haven't considered Baxter "available" for over a month.

Fat Elvis
03-04-2005, 07:49 PM
It wasn't consummated, no. But they've been hammering on a deal since the first week of the playoffs. Both Baxter and the Ravens have commented publicly that the deal would get done - it was the #1 priority for both parties.

So this is no surprise to me. I haven't considered Baxter "available" for over a month.

Apparently he was available....

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/4048.0.html

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 08:43 PM

yea... that's why Baxter just signed with the BROWNS ... cause he had deal already done with the ravens.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 08:47 PM
He was as overrated a player as you'd find in free agency. Glad we didn't go anywhere near him.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 09:41 PM
yea... that's why Baxter just signed with the BROWNS ... cause he had deal already done with the ravens.

Excuse me for being wrong.

I guess if I wrapped my baseless bullshit in "Carl sucks" parentheses, nobody would give a shit, right?

Kclee
03-04-2005, 09:42 PM

I guess if I wrapped my baseless bullshit in "Carl sucks" parentheses, nobody would give a shit, right?

Heh, you've been OUTED!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 09:56 PM

no instead you go around look for baseless "carl excuses" to try and argue with all the baseless "carl sucks" stuff.

what's the diff?

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 09:57 PM
no instead you go around look for baseless "carl excuses" to try and argue with all the baseless "carl sucks" stuff.

what's the diff?

I was wrong, and I expected to hear about it.

There isn't a difference, which is why I fully expected to BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY.

Oregon chief
03-04-2005, 09:58 PM
how much was baxter signed for?

Kclee
03-04-2005, 10:01 PM
how much was baxter signed for?

10.5 SB--and a six year deal.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 10:02 PM
I was wrong, and I expected to hear about it.

There isn't a difference, which is why I fully expected to BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY.

well ok then ... different you shall be treated

:thumb:

Kclee
03-04-2005, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Laz] different you shall be treated [QUOTE]

Ok...yoda :p

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Laz] different you shall be treated [QUOTE]

Ok...yoda :p
hehe

funny you shall be

http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb/project/www/gif/yoda.gif

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 10:22 PM
well ok then ... different you shall be treated

:thumb:

I think you know what I'm talking about. There seems to be one standard of truthfulness for the bashers, and another for those that choose to think about things first...

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
I think you know what I'm talking about. There seems to be one standard of truthfulness for the bashers, and another for those that choose to think about things first...
ya ... i do think there is a different standard

i think people that choose the positive excuse/explanation for a certain issue get a pass under the guise of "fanship" while a so-called negative response immediately get a big fat PROVE IT.

somehow i don't think that's your perspective though :)

Fat Elvis
03-04-2005, 11:01 PM
10.5 SB--and a six year deal.

That really screws over the Ravens. They were going to give him a $10M SB like he wanted from what I understand.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 11:13 PM
That really screws over the Ravens. They were going to give him a $10M SB like he wanted from what I understand.

from what i understand...

baxter thought the ravens offered him 10 million in SB but then when he went to actually sign the contract it said 7 million in SB.

:p