PDA

View Full Version : NFBT: NUMB3RS

Gaz
03-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I like it.

Sure, the ending is usually rushed, but that is because they spend some time actually explaining the mathematics behind the “story problem of the week.”

I do not see how this one can survive long. Although “numbers are all around us,” I find it hard to see how this one can sustain itself for too long.

But I am enjoying it in the meantime.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pleasantly surprised at this replacement series.

Braincase
03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I like it.

Sure, the ending is usually rushed, but that is because they spend some time actually explaining the mathematics behind the “story problem of the week.”

I do not see how this one can survive long. Although “numbers are all around us,” I find it hard to see how this one can sustain itself for too long.

But I am enjoying it in the meantime.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pleasantly surprised at this replacement series.

Wow. An engineer likes a show that features equations... gotta be a some sorta record there.

:p

The Rick
03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Agreed. I too am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Frosty
03-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Count this engineer as a fan, too.

Gaz
03-04-2005, 12:51 PM
CBS.

Since I got TiVo, I don’t worry about what day of the week it airs.

xoxo~
Gaz
Loves his TiVo.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I watched the first two weeks, then forgot about it. Can't ever remember to add it to my DVR. Besides, Friday is Battlestar Galactica night.

Gaz
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
ENDelt360-
I am curious to know what you think about the show. It is not great, but it is worth an hour [or forty minutes] of your time.

keg in kc-
If you have a DVR, it don't matter what night BG airs. Unless you...gasp...watch it...augh...real time?

xoxo~
Gaz
Has a couple of Battlestar’s on the hard drive.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Has a couple of Battlestar’s on the hard drive.I'm trying to think of a way to turn that into a perverted statement.

I got nothin'.

jcroft
03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I've been watching NUMB3RS, too. Seen them all so far. I like it. I hope it sticks around, but the chances don't seem good, given it's time slot (although I, too, watch it on TiVo at my leisure).

Anyway, I've enjoyed it.

Gaz
03-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I’m glad they “humanized” Charlie after the pilot. I understand that he was supposed to be a traumatized genius, but a little bit of personality made him much more interesting.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sort of a fan, in an ephemeral, “this won’t last” kind of way.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll keep not watching the show for you Gaz, since it's been established that I'm a deathwish. Nothing gets a show axed faster than me watching it.

DaneMcCloud
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I too like the show (my wife was a 4.0 UCLA math major student so she really digs it). But the problem with this series is that every show is becoming the same. Problem arises, Charlie mis-reads the problem at first or isn't given sufficient info, then Charlie solves the problem. The producers need to show more character development and have a more "lighthearted" espisode, like the X-Files used to do (3 UFO episodes followed by a completely unrelated, humorous episode) or they're going to quickly lose the audience.

Dane

Phobia
03-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm in it for the broads. Cool show. It's a helluva lot better written than CSI Miami.