PDA

View Full Version : If Peterson can't sign Rolle/Hartwell, is this season worse than last year?

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 01:05 PM
I would say yes.

The Chiefs went into FA with high expectations, and if they don't get Hartwell/Rolle then it might turn out to be a major disaster.

The fact that he makes quotes like "we are going to bring all our FAs in and sort things out" (I'm paraphrasing), makes me sick to my stomach.

Yeah, Carl, act like you're a constant playoff team and the NFL waits on you.

If the Chiefs don't get these two targets inked then all of this was just smoke and mirrors to tell the fans, "hey at least we tried."

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 01:06 PM
yes.

SoCalBronco
if you dont sign one player this offseason your offseason will still be 100 times better than ours.

Ghostof
I thought on 810 earlier they said that Peterson was in New Jersey or somewhere on the east coast.

Sure-Oz
Yes, totally, if they brought them all in with no signings it would be the biggest "free agent" block ever.

shaneo69
03-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I heard that Trotter was scared off by KC's tough schedule this year...

Archie Bunker
If they dont get at least one of the following it would be worse.

Hartwell
Bell
Rolle
Smoot

If this has been the biggest dick tease of all time I am going to be very upset.

teedubya
If the Chiefs get Zero high caliber players... it wont be as important that the fans are let down, as it will be to the huge letdown and demotivation to the players... all but insuring a shitty season.

LAMAR, YOU ARE OLD, AND WILL PROBABLY DIE SOON... YOU CANT TAKE YOUR CASH WITH YOU. SPEND IT.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 01:08 PM
We have already seen the results of sitting on your hands in the off season with this defense. King Carl may be an arrogant penny pinching AHole but he's not stupid. He has to do something.

Imon Yourside
Look on the bright side guys we still have a drunken warfield and stiffneck bartee to brighten our days and maz will be back for sure.

shaneo69
We may not sign anyone, but at least we've been active.

BigRedChief
I heard that Trotter was scared off by KC's tough schedule this year...

It was the purple limo.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:09 PM
I thought on 810 earlier they said that Peterson was in New Jersey or somewhere on the east coast.He's been all over this week. NFL meeting, Maxwell awards and then something else today or tomorrow I think.

And I'm not melting down before Monday.

petegz28
It's sensory over-laod. You bring in all the Big Names and you start losing sight of the goal.

Looks like we are heading for another year of 2nd rate talent on the defense.

jspchief
Silver Lining?

If anything can get rid of Peterson, the fan fall-out from that scanario would be it.

Nightfyre
It was the purple limo.
It was the ugly doctor who did his physical

NewChief
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
if you dont sign one player this offseason your offseason will still be 100 times better than ours.

Sorry if I haven't been following that closely but: what disastrous moves have the Broncos made in the offseason?

PastorMikH
03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't think the season will necesarily be worse than last year if we don't sign those particular guys. Though we do need to be busy and so far all I'm hearing is a lot of talk. If we don't land some decent FAs (I'm not opposed to a couple of Dalton types either) but if we don't land some guys that can pick this team up, then yes, we will be worse.

Part of me is starting to wonder if Carl is just bringing guys in to appease the fans and has no real intentions of signing some high-priced FAs.

ck_IN
03-04-2005, 01:19 PM
<i>Part of me is starting to wonder if Carl is just bringing guys in to appease the fans and has no real intentions of signing some high-priced FAs.</i>

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner!

As long as the tickets sell and the seats are full CP and by extension LH are happy. Saying the right things and making it look like you're trying is quite enough for many of the fans.

ILChief
03-04-2005, 01:20 PM
SIGN SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkkcoh
Honestly though, if you throw more money at them then they are offered at other places and they still refuse to sign, what in the heck is the issue?? FO, coaching staff, instability of coaching staff or... the unsure nature of the moves that would need to be made to make the _efense respectible????

ck_IN
Yeah Socalbronco what's up? The Warren signing wasn't major news but you got a big time talent for pennies on the dollar. If Shanny can screw his head on right you may have a steal.

Hammock Parties
I think you are taking this the wrong way...all of you.

The Eagles lowballed Trotter. He came to KC and the Chiefs gave him a better offer. He didn't really want to sign with the Chiefs though, so he went back to Philly, told them, they gave him a better offer, and he signed.

bkkcoh
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I think you are taking this the wrong way...all of you.

The Eagles lowballed Trotter. He came to KC and the Chiefs gave him a better offer. He didn't really want to sign with the Chiefs though, so he went back to Philly, told them, they gave him a better offer, and he signed.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:OTWHsLcjAu0J:www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~atwood/gallery/pawn.gif

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm holding out before I go bezerk, but I don't like the news of Hartwell and Rolle leaving without signing on the dotted line. We know Trotter's gone, so...it's put up or shut up time for Carl and the boys.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 01:25 PM
When did Hartwell leave? As of 1 he was still in KC.

Hammock Parties
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
When did Hartwell leave? As of 1 he was still in KC.

810 said he was off to Arizona.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 01:28 PM
When did Hartwell leave? As of 1 he was still in KC. I heard it on 810. Todd Leabo, but they are a bunch of geeks who talk more about their golf games and hobnobbing than following sports. 610 is Jim Rome until 2:00 central then the local guys are back. 610 has covered the Royals all day and had little 30 second reports from Todd Leabo every 30 minutes. His lastest said Hartwell had left and Trotter had signed with the Eagles.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Leabo said he wasn't at Arrowhead, he did not say he wasn't in Kansas City.

chiefz
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM
810 said he was off to Arizona.

Yes Kenrell Bell and Dwight Smith are the only players still @ Arrowhead and no other visits are scheduled until next week.

Gaz
03-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Jeez, is the season over already?

That was fast.

xoxo~
Gaz
Bummed.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Leabo said he wasn't at Arrowhead, he did not say he wasn't in Kansas City.
Yea, he went to the Hotel to take a nap. He will be back for the press conference at 3:30. :p ROFL Just razzin' you. You do bring up a good point.

KCFalcon59
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
As soon as I get out of here I am heading to the liquor store. Players are leaving and signing elsewhere. I wish they would do something. I was excited at first to see all these players come here. Now I am worried they all will sign with other teams. That would really suck. I need some great signings to justify buying season tickets again.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:35 PM
As soon as I get out of here I am heading to the liquor store.Experience taught me to stock up on liquor earlier in the week.

(I wish that was a joke)

Chiefnj
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes Kenrell Bell and Dwight Smith are the only players still @ Arrowhead and no other visits are scheduled until next week.

Is that true? There not working the weekend? What happened to Smoot?

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
The fans deserve so much more and so do those players, i cant stand another offseason of nothing to improve this team, please sign them!

chiefz
03-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Jeez, is the season over already?

That was fast.

xoxo~
Gaz
Bummed.

My site is on the verge of a full scale implosion right now.

I fear what will happen to the database server if Rolle were to announce he was signing with someone else today... lol

KCFalcon59
03-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Experience taught me to stock up on liquor earlier in the week.

(I wish that was a joke)

You're right. I just finished mine last night. Need to refill the fridge.

petegz28
03-04-2005, 01:45 PM
If we don't stat doing something people like Green and Gonzales are gonna start saying WTF am I doing here???

Eleazar
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
good lord STFU

If they miss Hartwell I will be bitching too. But come on, why is everyone pissing their panties because someone other than the best available signed with someone else?

No one was crying that Lucas was signed. No one really cried that Ian Gold is gone.

shaneo69
03-04-2005, 01:53 PM
If we don't stat doing something people like Green and Gonzales are gonna start saying WTF am I doing here???

Yeah, wonder if Shields and/or Roaf would change their mind about retirement if we can't get any top-tier guys on defense?

TEX
03-04-2005, 01:55 PM

The worst of the bunch is still at Arrowhead...:hmmm:

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 01:55 PM
good lord STFU

If they miss Hartwell I will be bitching too. But come on, why is everyone pissing their panties because someone other than the best available signed with someone else?

No one was crying that Lucas was signed. No one really cried that Ian Gold is gone.

Hartwell is different. He's been a Planet favorite for months. He chose to come here first. We had to be the favorite. If he was just wanting to run up the price he wouldn't have stayed so long.

I want to whine and cry too. I think there are more kick in the nuts on the way for Chief fans.

chiefz
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM

I did, like a baby... Fetal position and all... :p

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:58 PM
I wasn't happy about either Lucas or Gold.

KC Dan
03-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes, if so: 6-10

tk13
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I'd like to have Hartwell, Rolle I'm still not sure about. I mean he's the best out there (only because Law isn't healthy) but as awful as our secondary is I'm still not sure I wouldn't rather be smarter with the money and add 2-3 good players over 1 really good one. Of course if we can add Rolle plus somebody else, this is all Smoot... I mean, moot.

Baby Lee
03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Yes it will be worse. Last year, the opinion [with the FO] was that the D needed to gel. That turned out to be waaaay false, but at least it was a POV. Now they've bowed their heads and admitted that changes need to be made. The existing players know they don't have faith in them AND no one of quality is coming to replace them.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I'd like to have Hartwell, Rolle I'm still not sure about. I mean he's the best out there (only because Law isn't healthy) but as awful as our secondary is I'm still not sure I wouldn't rather be smarter with the money and add 2-3 good players over 1 really good one. Of course if we can add Rolle plus somebody else, this is all Smoot... I mean, moot.

I disagree. When you can get a stud corner like Rolle you do it.

If they could sign Dwight Smith then it would be gravy.

TEX
03-04-2005, 02:17 PM
I disagree. When you can get a stud corner like Rolle you do it.

If they could sign Dwight Smith then it would be gravy.

I agree. Problem is the FO might be thinking in reverse. :banghead: