PDA

View Full Version : Leabo from Arrowhead

Bootlegged
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Saying nothing.

Hartwell not there, only Bell is at Arrowhead.

Knows nothing on Rolle, Smith, Hartwell or Bell.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 01:16 PM
We let Hartwell get out of here without signing a deal?

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Imon Yourside
03-04-2005, 01:17 PM
At some point this Sh!t has got to get old, I mean what FA's would want to even visit in the future when this goes on every year. Carl "I'm serious just come in and visit we will get you signed, I Really sincerely mean it this year I promise not to lowball you" :cuss: :banghead:

Hammock Parties
810 said Smith was still there.

HolmeZz
:banghead: I don't want Bell.

Sure-Oz
cmon sign them damnit

Hammock Parties
03-04-2005, 01:18 PM
:banghead: I don't want Bell.

It's better than friggin' nothing. He's got more experience being "the man" than Hartwell.

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Hartwell not there

Did they check the john?

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I want hartwell bell and rolle signed now!!

BigChiefFan
Saying nothing.

Knows nothing on Rolle, Smith, Hartwell or Bell.
I think Leabo may be up for some kind of an award after that reporting.

HolmeZz
Hartwell was great when Ray Lewis went down a few years ago.

Imon Yourside
03-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Did they check the john?

Yes he was was spotted by a janitor throwing up after leaving carl's office.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 01:26 PM
the way it sounds is that Hartwell doesn't really need to be there.

he's agent says he luved the visit and wants to be a chief

the chief luv hartwell and want him to be a chief.

nothing to do but talk numbers ... i imagine that just all about the agent and thum.

and they can do it on conference call or something.

in fact, it's prolly better that the player doens't hear the actual negotiations.

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 01:29 PM

nothing to do but talk numbers ... i imagine that just all about the agent and thum.

in fact, it's prolly better that the player doens't hear the actual negotiations.

I had a sudden flash of "Jerry McGwire" run through my head.

petegz28
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Damn I hope you are right Laz!

beer bacon
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM

If this is true then why haven't they agreed "in principle" that Hartwell has signed on?

King_Chief_Fan
03-04-2005, 01:32 PM
BFD that Smith is still here.
We need CB and LB.
We don't need to convert another safety to CB.

HolmeZz
He needs to be there for the press conference. :banghead:

Hammock Parties
If this is true then why haven't they agreed "in principle" that Hartwell has signed on?

Because they HAVEN'T yet. They are still hashing out the details to agree on...HOPEFULLY. :( :( :mad: :banghead: :cuss: :deevee:

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
We need CB and LB.

He's played both before, and would make a good #2 corner/Woods replacement.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
maybe they aren't that close in the numbers yet

maybe the chiefs are afraid of having a "agreed in principal" announcement only to have Carl get pissed off and tell the agent to go f_ck himself and have a PR embarrassment.

maybe Carl just likes torturing the fans by making them wait

maybe i'm wrong and he just hasn't made his flight out of town on the way to Oakland. :mad:

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
We need CB and LB.
We don't need to convert another safety to CB.Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind replacing Woods at FS, especially not with someone who'll take your head off.

Coach
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind replacing Woods at FS, especially not with someone who'll take your head off.

Yeah, with a BB gun.

keg in kc
03-04-2005, 01:38 PM
'zactly.

Frankie
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Saying nothing.

Heck SIGN BELL for goodness sake!!!... At this point I'd take Bell and Rolle.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
ROFL

I can't help but laugh, seeing LAZ as the voice of reason.

This is a truly unique offseason.

:D

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:12 PM
ROFL

Considering my feeling for the CEO/GM/ElPredidente I think I've been pretty restrained also. Now wheres my little smilie:harumph:

Mr. Laz
03-04-2005, 02:12 PM
ROFL

bastige

i have "reason" :harumph:

:p

Chief Henry
03-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Carl Peterson can KISS my LILLY WHITE AZZ.

Imon Yourside
03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Cmon Endelt Work Hartwell over Tell him To GO THE HE!! BACK TO KANSAS CITY cuz he ain't welcome ou there!

Bearcat
03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I think Leabo may be up for some kind of an award after that reporting.

As long as we keep getting constant updates about how nothing has happened, I'm happy.

:spock:

mlyonsd
03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
maybe they aren't that close in the numbers yet

maybe the chiefs are afraid of having a "agreed in principal" announcement only to have Carl get pissed off and tell the agent to go f_ck himself and have a PR embarrassment.

maybe Carl just likes torturing the fans by making them wait

maybe i'm wrong and he just hasn't made his flight out of town on the way to Oakland. :mad:

Maybe they're just waiting for the ink to dry and Hartwell is heading to Arizona to play golf.

Coach
03-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Interesting. Anyone listening to 610? I don't get that, but somebody says "on 610 Neil jones says Tim Grunhard reports that Hartwell could be signing with us as early as today"

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 02:18 PM
810 sucks ass-they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. KK is a geek sports wanna-be. 610 reporting Hartwell will be signed today.

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 02:18 PM
We need CB and LB.

Just for those unfamiliar with Dwight Smith, he isnt a pure safety, such as what the Chiefs have history of turning into cornerbacks.

Dwight Smith was a Cornerback for the Buccanneers during their Superbowl run and before. When John Lynch left the team to go to Dungver, CB Brian Kelly was moved to the starting corner position, and Dwight Smith was moved to safety because he had the speed and tackling ability to play the position.

Smith is a CORNER turned Safety, who could play either position. The vacated SS spot when Lynch left really forced Smith into that role.

Im not a big Dwight Smith fan, I think we can get by without him. We have pressing issues right now with two bigtime Free Agents being available at Corner and Linebacker who recently visited, and those need to be addressed before messing with what I believe to be a decent, but definately second tier player like Smith.

ILChief
03-04-2005, 02:19 PM
DAMN YOU, CARL PETERSON!

Imon Yourside
Well, if I run into any big black dudes at the bar tonight, I'll ask 'em if their name is Ed Hartwell and tell 'im to go back to KC if so.

OK ya got me, bad idea. Try a different approach Tell him your a huge cards fan but you don't think he fit's their "PROFILE" that does 2 things the obvious being he will think of Dick Vermeil.

booger
I hope like hell 610 is true, but Leabo said Hartwell's Agent said he on a plane to 'zona.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:20 PM
810 sucks ass-they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. KK is a geek sports wanna-be. 610 reporting Hartwell will be signed today.

Agreed. 810 you get K-State chit, golf, nascar and the banter about their days between kk, leabo and clink (and its never funny or interesting). Maybe now that thwitlock is gone 610 will rise up to a higher level.

Imon Yourside
03-04-2005, 02:21 PM
I hope like hell 610 is true, but Leabo said Hartwell's Agent said he on a plane to 'zona.

SMOKESCREEN! ROFL

Bill Lundberg
03-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Anyone think this could be taking so long because Carl is trying to restructure some contracts in order to get more cap room so we can get the deals done... Maybe even with all 3. I know Green, Sims and Morton could all restructure and save some room. Just a thought

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Considering my feeling for the CEO/GM/ElPredidente I think I've been pretty restrained also. Now wheres my little smilie:harumph:

I sent some rep your way.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd be more inclined to believe 610 at this point.

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Anyone think this could be taking so long because Carl is trying to restructure some contracts in order to get more cap room so we can get the deals done... Maybe even with all 3. I know Green, Sims and Morton could all restructure and save some room. Just a thought

Good point.

Pants
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Good point.

Except, Morton won't be here, right?

Bill Lundberg
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
God I hope not

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Except, Morton won't be here, right?

They probably have to wait until June 1 to cut him.

They did that with Derrick Alexander a few year ago - restructured early to make cap room and then released him later.

Pants
03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
They probably have to wait until June 1 to cut him.

They did that with Derrick Alexander a few year ago - restructured early to make cap room and then released him later.

Oh, I see. Thanks, I was getting confused. Good to have a freaking cap-guru to explain it.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
I'd be more inclined to believe 610 at this point.

610 is all over the radio saying Grunhard is saying that Hartwell will be a Chief by the end of the day.

booger
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
SMOKESCREEN! ROFL
lets hope so. :thumb:

booger
03-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Agreed. 810 you get K-State chit, golf, nascar and the banter about their days between kk, leabo and clink (and its never funny or interesting). Maybe now that thwitlock is gone 610 will rise up to a higher level.

I wish they had a weblink.

KK is a big fuggin goon.

Coach
03-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Ok, WTF is going on? Someone says "610 is saying Hartwell is still here. Someone is spreading some B.S. and i hope it's 810."

Anyone who listened to 610, is this correct, that Hartwell is still here?

booger
03-04-2005, 02:36 PM

Could be.

Especially with the talk that some think Bell could play OLB. Fujita, Fox, and maybe a rookie with Barber comming back mid season or so. If we get a couple of tope notch LB's Maz and maybe Barber would likely get cut at some point.

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Ok, WTF is going on? Someone says "610 is saying Hartwell is still here. Someone is spreading some B.S. and i hope it's 810."

Anyone who listened to 610, is this correct, that Hartwell is still here?

810 says Hartwell is on a plane. 610's Grunhard is saying that he will be a Chief by the end of the day.

Coach
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
810 says Hartwell is on a plane. 610's Grunhard is saying that he will be a Chief by the end of the day.

Hmm... To trust Grunny? :hmmm:

Stinger
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
could be signing with us as early as today"

Is anyone else getting sick of this phrase? No Sh@t Shirlock (not intended toward Coach but to the people who write it or say it) when else are they going to sign as eary as 2 days ago?

:spock:

mini rant over sorry to taken up some bandwith

Pants
03-04-2005, 02:41 PM
This shit is driving me insane, I'm not even kidding.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 02:53 PM
ROFL

:DBIZARRO!

"I wuv you. I'm helping, I'm helping!"

Eleazar
03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Hmm... To trust Grunny? :hmmm:

He wouldn't tell a court the truth, why would he tell us?