PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Carl Peterson

Wallcrawler
03-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Mr Peterson,

I don't really know what has made you such a worthless GM, but it really has worked overtime these past 16 seasons. Are you always this ignorant, or do you just make an extra effort during the off-season? In looking over your history in the offseason, time after time passing over the premiere talent that could help the Kansas City Chiefs to a superbowl, I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

Year after year you dangle a chance at having a great team in front of the Chiefs fanbase, knowing that with a couple of great moves, this team could win it all. Yet you do not make those moves, you choose to sit on the money that we fans have busted our asses to earn and pay out for tickets and merchandise, and you bring in bargain basement players to pass off as your attempt to improve the team, and we Chiefs fans are forced to endure the agony of yet another season falling short due to the idiocy of our front office.

Just when I think, "Surely by now Carl has reached and encapsulates the limits of negotiating tedium" you go and push the boundary even further. In my entire life, I have never seen anyone like you. I'm busy trying to imagine your actions having a positive goal. Maybe you'd seem like less of a complete dumbass once I got to know you, but I don't want to take that chance.

Im sure that there's nothing wrong with you that couldn't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet, so I cannot fathom why this lunacy has been allowed to repeat itself every season for sixteen years. Perhaps you dont have anyone that cares enough about you to stage an intervention, I dont know. Perhaps it is the fault of Lamar Hunt, who is only concerned with the hardon he has received from the sheer fact that he is alive for just one more day, and cannot be bothered with the success of the Kansas City Chiefs upcoming season. Who knows?

Ive been a Chiefs fan since I learned what football was. And Im getting very tired of seeing year after year the Chiefs make a huge profit off of their fans, and never make any honest attempts to bring a championship to us for our loyalty, even through times where the stupidity of the front office is undeniable. Year after year the Chiefs take the cheap way out in Free Agency, and raise the prices on the fans who still believe that there is a snowball's chance in hell that the Chiefs could actually make a run at a championship. Way to reward the loyalty of the fans Carl. Youre a real class act.

Most of us are aware that this is the final year of your contract in KC, and to be honest, many of us are praying that it is your last. The least you could do Carl, after F'ing us over for the past 16 years is go out and get us some talent on the defense this year. There are plenty of players, and we know you have talked to the Cream of the Crop. But, of course you had to be typical Carl, and blow them off until you talk to the Cream of the CRAP as well.

On behalf of the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs, I implore you to sign some of these top tier free agents before it is too late. This team has what it takes to win it all if youd just pony up the greenbacks and stop being such a cheapskate. Certainly you dont want to be remembered forever as the GM whose fans would rather run their nostrils down a cactus rather than endure another offseason with him at the helm do you?

You can still put a positive mark on this goat f*** you have been running the past sixteen years. A superbowl win will make a lot of mistakes just disappear. You still have a chance Carl. Dont F this up.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

One of the many pissed off Chiefs fans

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
You should have sent this to Lamar...

Rain Man
03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Gentlemen don't read each other's mail.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
It felt good just to read that.

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Cliff notes please? I quit reading after "worthless GM"...

cdcox
03-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Dear Stringer:

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of our football organization. We have some of the most enthusiastic support from our fan base of any team in the National Football League, and we are pround of that tradition. You are well aware of the many outstanding accomplishments of the Kansas City Chiefs over the years. I don't have to tell you that out organization is one of the most consistently competetive in the National Football League. Thank you again for your support,

Best wishes,

Carl Peterson

KCTitus
03-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Cliff notes please? I quit reading after "worthless GM"...

Apparently Stinger knew Carl was worthless in 1989 and he's been waiting ever since to prove him wrong.

ptlyon
03-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Apparently Stinger knew Carl was worthless in 1989 and he's been waiting ever since to prove him wrong.

Thanks.

Rep.

Imon Yourside
03-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Dear Carl,

Thanks for not signing any FA's over the past couple of years.

Signed Your Friends,
broncofan,raiderfan,chargerfan.

Rain Man
03-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Dear Stringer:

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of our football organization. We have some of the most enthusiastic support from our fan base of any team in the National Football League, and we are pround of that tradition. You are well aware of the many outstanding accomplishments of the Kansas City Chiefs over the years. I don't have to tell you that out organization is one of the most consistently competetive in the National Football League. Thank you again for your support,

Best wishes,

Carl Peterson

It's funny because it's true.

vckcchiefs04
03-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Dear Carl,

Signed,
:arrow: Fans

Iowanian
03-04-2005, 03:46 PM
I think Packfan would like to make love to several of you right now.

cdcox
03-04-2005, 03:46 PM
It's funny because it's true.

I wrote a Stringer letter to Marty Schottenheimer after one of Elway's come back victories. I got a reply back from Marty (form letter) that was pretty much like my CP parody. Classic.

Mile High Mania
03-04-2005, 03:47 PM
On the bright side...

At least you can't say they're "over" paying for some of these guys.

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Dear Carl,

Signed,
:arrow: Fans

Brevity is the soul of wit.