PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Close With Samari Rolle (NFL Network)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Adam Shefter just reported on NFL Network that Rolle and the Chiefs are close (Friday @ 545pm Arizona time) to a deal. He also said it was possible that KC will ink Kendrell Bell.

Taco John
03-04-2005, 06:43 PM
THAT should spark some optimism...

Phobia
03-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Phil Kloster with ChiefsPlanet has been reporting this for roughly 5 hours.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Didnt they say the same thing about Trotter?? Ill believe it when i see it.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
This is going to be a long night... :)

The Bad Guy
Marty,

I just watched it again and he said that they are trying to sign Rolle. He didn't say they were close to a deal with him.

He also just mentioned that Bell was there today and turned away from the Eagles and Giants.

DaWolf
I think Rolle will get done barring a last second change of heart and I am sure we wind up with one of the linebackers that we targeted, whichever is cheapest and allows for any other possible moves...

Frazod
03-04-2005, 06:46 PM
THAT should spark some optimism...

Why? We're always close to signing everybody right before they f#cking sign with somebody else.

:cuss:

Chan93lx50
03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Didnt they say the same thing about Trotter?? Ill believe it when i see it.

BINGO

Same shit different day

Bwana
03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
The last time I heard words like that they were talking about Hugh Douglas. F*ck it, I am going back to a kick the hell back and let the chips fall where they may attitide. It's Miller Time!! :BLVD:

Taco John
03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Why? We're always close to signing everybody right before they f#cking sign with somebody else.

:cuss:

Yeah, you're right... You guys are getting beat up pretty bad...

Go Chiefs came to the Mane two nights in a row, taunting us about the Chiefs recent signings... Surtain the first night... Trotter the second night... He's getting pummelled on it...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2005, 06:52 PM
DV said on 810 that they want to have enough money to sign more than just one player, and not put the whole wad into one.

Sounds like another round of McCleon, Holliday, and Barber circa 2003 all over again. Second tier players (except for Barber, but the two second tier players cancel out Barber).

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Frank,

Thanks for clarifying...my wife passed the info onto me...I am still at work. She had called me a few minutes before the report came on...time to get out of here and head home. We got softball tonight..

BigChiefFan
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Kevin Rogers is saying he believes Rolle is the guy because he isn't visiting other teams. I have a theory, that maybe , just maybe Rolle is in the bag, but since he will most likely be the largest signing bonus we don't want to announce it so the agent can use it as leverage against us. That's the one flicker of hope I've got.

Bwana
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Go Chiefs came to the Mane two nights in a row, taunting us about the Chiefs recent signings... Surtain the first night... Trotter the second night... He's getting pummelled on it...

Oh, that's priceless. ROFL He should know better then to yack it up before a deal is "DONE" with this fly by night outfit of a management team we have.

royr17
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Samari Rolle and Kendrell Bell will be chiefs by tomorrow .....

Frazod
03-04-2005, 06:56 PM

You can keep him if you want.... :titus:

DenverChief
03-04-2005, 06:58 PM
ROFL

Rausch
03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Until someone signs it isn't news...

BigVE
03-04-2005, 07:00 PM

Now...what to do with Rich Scam-lon. ;)

BigRedChief
03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Rolle and Bell is better than what we got but I really wanted Hartwell. Bell if he's healthy is one of the best. just have to keep our fingers crossed on that one all season.

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah but nobody believes that dumbass.

TEX
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Um...wasn't Trotter almost a "sure thing"? :hmmm: I'll believe it when I see it. To me Bell is the worst of the FA LB's but he's better than anything we have.

BigVE
03-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Um...wasn't Trotter almost a "sure thing"? :hmmm: I'll believe it when I see it. To me Bell is the worst of the FA LB's but he's better than anything we have.

The only issue with Bell is his health overall...when healthy he is as good as the others IMO.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah but nobody believes that dumbass.

Royr17 does. He'll be repeating it every post from now until next tuesday.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM

Depends who you listened to. If you listened to the smart people, no. If you listened to the people making hundreds of thousands to report, I guess Trotter was a sure thing.

royr17
03-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Now...what to do with Rich Scam-lon. ;)

Keep Rich Scanlon, he will backup Bell, move Mitchell outside, Mitchell played Outside Linebacker before movin to middle, and think he'd be better on the Outside.

|Zach|
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Keep Rich Scanlon, he will backup Bell, move Mitchell outside, Mitchell played Outside Linebacker before movin to middle, and think he'd be better on the Outside.
Mitchell's worst problem is with space and you want to move him outside??

Phobia
03-04-2005, 07:11 PM

Hang on a second, he's asking the Star how he should respond.

Stinger
03-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Mitchell's worst problem is with space

Between his ears :banghead:

Miles
Until someone signs it isn't news...

Yep, at this point im not going to believe anything till i see it in print from a real source.

|Zach|
Hang on a second, he's asking the Star how he should respond.
I will be patient.

*picking up a magizine*

Phobia
03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Yep, at this point im not going to believe anything till i see it in print from a real source.

Or posted by people with their finger on the pulse of the Chiefs.... like that Phobia guy.

royr17
03-04-2005, 07:13 PM

He would be better served on the outside, Mitchell didnt have the smarts for the middle, and if i recall correctly he has the speed to play outside and he'll only start on the outside cause gunther want to give him another chance and he's DV's boy.

|Zach|
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
He would be better served on the outside, Mitchell didnt have the smarts for the middle, and if i recall correctly he has the speed to play outside and he'll only start on the outside cause gunther want to give him another chance and he's DV's boy.
Dude, I like you...

But you dont know wtf you are talking about with this one. I believe you missed the boat on this analysis.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
If i recall mitchell loves to arm tackle.

Taco John
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM

You're going to have to be happy with joint custody... ROFL

rocks
03-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Mitchell can tackle??? Not sure I have seen it!

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Mitchell can tackle??? Not sure I have seen it!

I think I saw him fall on top of a ball carrier who had tripped once...

rocks
03-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Thats right, how many times did we see him fall on someone or be standing next to a tackle?

ROYC75
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Dude, I like you...

But you dont know wtf you are talking about with this one. I believe you missed the boat on this analysis.

Dude, I like you as well, but you are the one that is out of the norm here...... He played OLB before switching to the middle in college.

You think he forgot how to play it as well ? I mean, he can't play the middle either.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
DV has a great eye for defensive talent.

He said Kawika was going to be the next Willie Lanier.

ROYC75
03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Mitchel would have more time to react and possibly shead a block on the outside.

The middle is a faster react and you must have the ability, strength and brains upstairs to play the middle, something Mitchell lacks.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Mitchel would have more time to react and possibly shead a block on the outside.

The middle is a faster react and you must have the ability, strength and brains upstairs to play the middle, something Mitchell lacks.

Oh bullshit. I never saw Mitchell react in space that resulted in a positive play for the Chiefs. He always bit on a move, gave away the outside, took a bad angle, blocked one of his own players out of pursuit, or otherwise took himself out of the play. I don't think Mitchell can play LB in the NFL, but if he's forced to, the Middle is his spot, IMO. Putting him on the outside would be disaster, IMO.

|Zach|
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Dude, I like you as well, but you are the one that is out of the norm here...... He played OLB before switching to the middle in college.

You think he forgot how to play it as well ? I mean, he can't play the middle either.
Nope, I think putting someone who is bad in pursuit and bad in space to the outside is foolish.

Logical
03-04-2005, 07:59 PM

I can think of no one better to get a pummeling.

ROYC75
03-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh bullshit. I never saw Mitchell react in space that resulted in a positive play for the Chiefs. He always bit on a move, gave away the outside, took a bad angle, blocked one of his own players out of pursuit, or otherwise took himself out of the play. I don't think Mitchell can play LB in the NFL, but if he's forced to, the Middle is his spot, IMO. Putting him on the outside would be disaster, IMO.

IMHO, when playing the middle , you must react quick and be right or you are out of the play, to easy to get caught up in the LOS.

Playing the outside, you get an extra second or 2 at times to react to what is happening coming your dirrection or away from you.

Mitchell played OLB in college and was given goor reviews by scouts his freshman and sophmore years. He switched to thew middle his final 2 years, IIRC from the articles I read last fall.

None of this really matters, I want Mitchell gone from the middle, he was horible to say the least. DV's vision of another Willie Lanier is very low.

crossbow
03-04-2005, 08:06 PM

You are being too hard in Mitchell. He was hit by a pass in the back of the helmet. So he umm... has speed. Yup, the dude has range. Shows great potential. Glad we passed up Peirce from K-State to get him.

edit: Stupid Broncos ended up with that guy which can only help the Chiefs becuase he is one dimensional in that he hits like damn Amtrac diesel. Hasn't masterd the fine art of arm tackeling.

Kclee
03-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Rolle update on ESPN news with clayton in just a second.

Kclee
03-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Clayton said we are trying to get both Hartwell and Rolle, but it would be tight so we might just have to settle for 1. And we are more focused on Rolle.

HC_Chief
03-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Clayton said we are trying to get both Hartwell and Rolle, but it would be tight so we might just have to settle for 1. And we are more focused on Rolle.

Why would it be 'tight'? Why in the f*ck is the pillowbiter still eating up cap space?! :grr:

Dump some dead weight and sign the defensive help we need.

Phobia
03-04-2005, 08:27 PM
You are being too hard in Mitchell. He was hit by a pass in the back of the helmet.

Twice. Luckiest shit I ever saw, too. If he'd turn his head, the ball would have stuck in his facemask for an INT. Speaking of INT's, he had a couple balls hit him in the hands but he didn't want to catch them.

milkman
03-04-2005, 08:27 PM
You are being too hard in Mitchell. He was hit by a pass in the back of the helmet.

As someone else observed a couple of days ago, thi play clearly indicates he has potential upside as a corner.

crossbow
03-04-2005, 08:30 PM

If we don't get Hartwell is there a chance we could still get Lou Bush? He was the perfect replacement for DT. He had zero speed. Ran like a train... hard and slow.

the Talking Can
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
unacceptable bullshit

we are losers and will remain so

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I think I saw him fall on top of a ball carrier who had tripped once...
Hey, that counts.....down by contact.

Nightfyre
03-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Why Ive heard this every day all week!

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
I read on the chiefs espn board that the Chiefs are working to sign both Rolle and Hartwell tonight, but they need to restructure some current contracts to get them both under the cap. according to the poster who saw claytons espn news blurb.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, Clayton said those are the guys we're working on signing, but that we're currently a little tight financially. He said if we had to opt for one over the other, we'd opt for Rolle.

I still don't get why we haven't cut Morton yet.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2005, 09:00 PM
No shit, he is dead weight, we could get both of them!

nychief
03-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I read on the chiefs espn board that the Chiefs are working to sign both Rolle and Hartwell tonight, but they need to restructure some current contracts to get them both under the cap. according to the poster who saw claytons espn news blurb.

i saw that post... still think is BS... the ESPN board is terrible.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 09:09 PM
No, Clayton said that on ESPNews. Watched it with my own two eyes.

Kclee
03-04-2005, 09:11 PM
No, Clayton said that on ESPNews. Watched it with my own two eyes.

He's talking about my post #50. I saw the same thing.

Logical
03-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, Clayton said those are the guys we're working on signing, but that we're currently a little tight financially. He said if we had to opt for one over the other, we'd opt for Rolle.

I still don't get why we haven't cut Morton yet.

Because you do not get a cap savings on Morton unless you wait until after June 1st.

HolmeZz
03-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Because you do not get a cap savings on Morton unless you wait until after June 1st.

Can we be over the cap until then, and then get under by cutting Morton?

TEX
03-04-2005, 09:35 PM
If we don't get Hartwell is there a chance we could still get Lou Bush? He was the perfect replacement for DT. He had zero speed. Ran like a train... hard and slow.

Yes. But I'd only want him IF we could somehow bring back Carlton Gray as well. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
03-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Can we be over the cap until then, and then get under by cutting Morton?

No.

C-Mac
03-04-2005, 10:02 PM

ROFL
Lew Bush and the likes of Steve Bono, Lin Elliot and Carlton Gray couldnt find a big enough hole in KC to crawl in. The second their contract was up, they left faster than a teenager delivering pizza to a strip club.