PDA

View Full Version : Petrol?

Phobia
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
If your pumps haven't yet jumped $.20+ a gallon, you may wanna snatch up some gas. Soon.

|Zach|
03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I saw this on the news today....suuucks.

Donger
03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
If your pumps haven't yet jumped $.20+ a gallon

That's not going to happen.

Frazod
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Already hit up here - gas went from $1.80 to $2.00 overnight. My aunt said the same thing happened in St. Louis.

Goddamn arabs/oil companies are bleeding us dry, and it's only going to get worse.

KCFalcon59
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
1.99 for regular in Topeka. Just wasted 30 bucks to fill up today.

BigVE
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I was "glad" I filled up today before it jumped from $1.93 to $1.99! Pisses me off.

Donger
03-04-2005, 06:56 PM
1.99 for regular in Topeka. Just wasted 30 bucks to fill up today.

The fuel goes IN the tank, silly.

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 06:57 PM
It's okay, Russ told me so a few months back. I guess it depends on whose dog gets hit in the butt with a rock.

Rausch
03-04-2005, 06:57 PM
If your pumps haven't yet jumped $.20+ a gallon, you may wanna snatch up some gas. Soon.

"Petrol?"

What, are you Brittish now?!?

Phobia
03-04-2005, 06:59 PM
"Petrol?"

Yes, I am Brittish. I presume that to mean Father to a daughter named Brittni?

Donger
"Petrol?"

Watch it.

Donger
Yes, I am Brittish. I presume that to mean Father to a daughter named Brittni?

Heh. I couldn't think of one.

Rausch
Watch it.

Quiet, "Madonna."

Beatlemanu
03-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Well I'm in Nor Cal, so that means I'll probably pay....hmmm... $2.40 or so for regular... great... :shake:

DenverChief
03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Well I'm in Nor Cal, so that means I'll probably pay....hmmm... $2.40 or so for regular... great... :shake:
:cuss:

Donger
03-04-2005, 07:03 PM
I still find it ironic that some folks will pay $4.59 for a gallon of "organic" milk or $1.29 for a bottle of water, yet bitch about the price of a gallon of gasoline...

FloridaChief
03-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Glad I filled up at $1.79 last night...

Frazod
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I still find it ironic that some folks will pay $4.59 for a gallon of "organic" milk or $1.29 for a bottle of water, yet bitch about the price of a gallon of gasoline...

I don't buy milk 12 gallons at a time.

DenverChief
03-04-2005, 07:08 PM

edzachary

16 gallons for me I can drop $40 a week

Phobia

My old man is like that. He studies the price of gas like smart people study the NYSE. It's crazy. He's actually called me specifically to discuss the price of gas in the past. Now that I think about it, that's what he's calling about most the time.

Donger

Heh. With three little ones, it seems as if I do. I actually buy more gallons of milk a month than I do gasoline, by far.

DenverChief
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Heh. With three little ones, it seems as if I do.

:fart:

BigVE
03-04-2005, 07:10 PM

Hmmm...what kind of people do YOU know that buy organic milk????

We are complaining about "the man" sticking it to us on something we really have little choice on whether we buy it or not. Gas. Gotta have it. Organic milk? Not so much.

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Exactly, and I have to do it every day. Some of these outlying customers might find themselves without the free installation.

Donger
03-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Hmmm...what kind of people do YOU know that buy organic milk????

We are complaining about "the man" sticking it to us on something we really have little choice on whether we buy it or not. Gas. Gotta have it. Organic milk? Not so much.

You don't have buses? Taxis? Bicycle?

You're forced to the gas station?

Yes, I'm being intentionally silly here, but the emotional reaction to the price of gasoline has always fascinated me.

FYI, over 30% of the price of a gallon of gasoline is due to federal and state taxes. Only 44% is the price of the crude.

BigVE
03-04-2005, 07:16 PM

Yes, I'm being intentionally silly here, but the emotional reaction to the price of gasoline has always fascinated me.

FYI, over 30% of the price of a gallon of gasoline is due to federal and state taxes. Only 44% is the price of the crude.

Taxi's? nope. Bus? nope. Bike, yeah but the 20 mile trek to work just isnt realistic.

As for the percentages on the price of gas....like I said, THE MAN is sticking it to us...whoever that is.

4th and Long
03-04-2005, 07:23 PM
I just grabbed a 6er at the QT down the street and it's $2.05 a gallon. :eek:

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Heh. With three little ones, it seems as if I do. I actually buy more gallons of milk a month than I do gasoline, by far.
I'll bet you are in a very small minority if that's true. I have a buddy that had to move to a bigger house as he had more kids. He said he ****ed himself out of his house.

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 07:33 PM

Yeah, I'll take a taxi over to your house to install your Directv. I guess the cabbie will wait while I unload my van into his back seat.

chiefs4me
03-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Holding here at 2.05 a gallon for my diesel....

siberian khatru
03-04-2005, 08:10 PM
$1.95 here, went up .09 in one day; up about .17 in the last 10 days or so.

Uncle Fester
03-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Keep it up folks, I have stock in those oil companies. I fugured if I had to those fuvkers that much money per gallon I just as well invest and try to get some of my money back! ROFLROFL

Donger
03-04-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll bet you are in a very small minority if that's true. I have a buddy that had to move to a bigger house as he had more kids. He said he ****ed himself out of his house.

That's true.

Donger
03-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I'll take a taxi over to your house to install your Directv. I guess the cabbie will wait while I unload my van into his back seat.

You're forced to install DirecTV?

Again, no one is forcing you to buy gasoline.

Donger
03-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, whose fault is that? Learn to keep it in your pants.

B*tch raped me three times, and you laugh about it?

ChiefGator
03-04-2005, 08:53 PM
We should ****in' invade some countries in the Middle East, and set up our oil companies to collect their oil... oh.. wait.. we already did?

Really.. don't we ****in' own the oil in Iraq now? Why the hell am I paying MORE for my gas now.

Sheesh...

Donger
03-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Really.. don't we ****in' own the oil in Iraq now?

No. No we don't. Last time I checked, the Iraqis are getting 100% of the profits from the sale of their crude.

Donger
03-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Not that I would pay $4.59 for a gallon of organic milk mind you, but I burn through considerably less milk in a week than I do gas.

Can I safely assume that you don't have three kids, nor a wife/mother that's on an "organic-only" kick?

Donger
03-04-2005, 09:10 PM

Like I've said, it's mine. I choose to buy that ridiculously priced milk rather than deal with the consequences of not doing so.

Just like people chose to buy gasoline instead of dealing with possible alternatives.

ChiefGator
03-04-2005, 09:31 PM
No. No we don't. Last time I checked, the Iraqis are getting 100% of the profits from the sale of their crude.

Not exactly. The profits go into a trust fund controlled by the U.S. and the U.K. Also, we are working to [re]privatize the national oil company, and American oil companies look to gain the most ground.

Strangely, most American companies want Iraq to quit pumping so much oil, so that they can keep the price of Petrol up. Don't forget, that Saddam traded enormous amounts of gas for food, with the U.S., even just weeks before the invasion finally occurred.

ChiefGator
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe this should have been posted on the D.C. board.. but, I really think this is pretty funny.. Never heard this before.

"CHEVRON TEXACO-California based and the world's fourth largest energy company, Chevron Texaco (along with Shell and Exxon Mobil) was a major exporter oil out of Iraq through the UN's Oil-for-Food program. U.S. National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice is a former director of the Company, and Chevron Texaco operates a tanker named after her."

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Exactly. If you have more kids than you can afford it's your tough shit. We're talking about gasoline here.

Skip Towne
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
You're forced to install DirecTV?

Again, no one is forcing you to buy gasoline.
You're way dumber than I thought you were. You think I should change jobs because we are being raped by the Arabs? Have you ever heard of a Public Utility? Like the Electric companies? They are all regulated because they are essential to the good of all of us. The Oil companies should fall under this umbrella given the recent skyrocketing oil prices. Is anyone forcing you to buy electricity? You are one ignorant son of a bitch.

chiefs4me
03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
You're way dumber than I thought you were. You think I should change jobs because we are being raped by the Arabs? Have you ever heard of a Public Utility? Like the Electric companies? They are all regulated because they are essential to the good of all of us. The Oil companies should fall under this umbrella given the recent skyrocketing oil prices. Is anyone forcing you to buy electricity? You are one ignorant son of a bitch.

PBJ

Dayze
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM
thank god the government is taking steps to use alternative fuels/power.

..oh wait; that's something I dreamed about last night. Disregard.

Donger
03-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Not exactly. The profits go into a trust fund controlled by the U.S. and the U.K. Also, we are working to [re]privatize the national oil company, and American oil companies look to gain the most ground.

Strangely, most American companies want Iraq to quit pumping so much oil, so that they can keep the price of Petrol up. Don't forget, that Saddam traded enormous amounts of gas for food, with the U.S., even just weeks before the invasion finally occurred.

Interesting. Your source please?

Donger
03-04-2005, 10:54 PM

Wow.

Like I said, people get emotional over the price of gasoline. Thanks for the graphic example.

As I said, no one is forcing you do perform your present job which requires that you purchase gasoline. In other words, it's a choice.

Donger
03-04-2005, 10:54 PM
thank god the government is taking steps to use alternative fuels/power.

..oh wait; that's something I dreamed about last night. Disregard.

I'm all for that, particularly nuclear.

Donger
03-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Exactly. If you have more kids than you can afford it's your tough shit. We're talking about gasoline here.

I can afford the grotesque price of the organic milk just fine. I choose to. Just as you choose to buy your gasoline.

I bitch about neither for that very reason.

Donger
03-04-2005, 11:05 PM
PBJ

Not a single comma or period. Congratulations!

Hello - commatard on the loose.

badgirl
03-04-2005, 11:14 PM
I paid 1.84 this morning it went up about 12 cents from 2 days ago. :cuss:

I need a bicycle or a horse or something.

Fire Me Boy!
03-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I paid 1.84 this morning it went up about 12 cents from 2 days ago. :cuss:

I need a bicycle or a horse or something.
*picturing badgirl riding something*

badgirl
03-04-2005, 11:17 PM
*picturing badgirl riding something*
long as its not costing me anything ROFL