PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Hartwell will still sign

matts22
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
If Hartwell knew he was being pursued by 16 teams (or whatever it was), doesn't he owe it to himself and his family to check out a couple options?

I know CP/LH have been known to let upper-tier players slip away, but for some reason, I'm keeping a sliver of hope alive. I've heard both Hartwell and his agent both really like KC, and I think they made him a pretty good offer, knowing their only other decent option was Bell.

So my hope is that the Chiefs and Hartwell (and his agent) have a decent enough relationship (and respect for each other), that they came to an agreement. CP said "let us talk to Bell, just to check our options", and Hartwell said "let us check with another team or two on our options". And whatever other offers they have, they will stay in touch before Hartwell signs with anyone.

I don't know, but I just have a feeling that both sides feel they have to check their options instead of going with the first thing they see.

Hopefully, Hartwell will realize that KC is best for him, they made a good offer for him, and he'll come back knowing that he made the best overall choice.

HOPEFULLY!!!

Note: In no way am I defending (or trusting) CP, I am just a desparate Chiefs fan like everyone else on this board.

Rausch
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
If Hartwell knew he was being pursued by 16 teams (or whatever it was), doesn't he owe it to himself and his family to check out a couple options?

I know CP/LH have been known to let upper-tier players slip away, but for some reason, I'm keeping a sliver of hope alive. I've heard both Hartwell and his agent both really like KC, and I think they made him a pretty good offer, knowing their only other decent option was Bell.

So my hope is that the Chiefs and Hartwell (and his agent) have a decent enough relationship (and respect for each other), that they came to an agreement. CP said "let us talk to Bell, just to check our options", and Hartwell said "let us check with another team or two on our options". And whatever other offers they have, they will stay in touch before Hartwell signs with anyone.

I don't know, but I just have a feeling that both sides feel they have to check their options instead of going with the first thing they see.

Hopefully, Hartwell will realize that KC is best for him, they made a good offer for him, and he'll come back knowing that he made the best overall choice.

HOPEFULLY!!!

Note: In no way am I defending (or trusting) CP, I am just a desparate Chiefs fan like everyone else on this board.

Sound like a solid poster to me. But three quick points:

1) They're is "there", genius is "genious", and it doesn't matter which form of to/too/two you use as long as it isn't appropriate or fitting with the rest of your post.

2) Carl Peterson is either perfect and without flaw, or completely incompetent and in the wrong in every instance.

3) Avoid the DC forum. Trust me, it'll save you headaches (doesn't matter if you're Dem or rep. It's still a headache...)

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't know I still think once a free agent leaves the building it's over.

royr17
03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I just feel like sayin this, but I think you can say goodbye to Hartwell and welcome board Kendrell Bell .......

Bwana
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Not likely.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Maybe I'll find a sack full of $100 bills on the side of the road.

MGRS13
03-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Maybe I'll find a sack full of $100 bills on the side of the road.
Don't you know this forum is for positive posts only. No negative posts. Hey histmage he's breaking the rules! :harumph: