PDA

View Full Version : Hartwell is coming up to Seattle today or tomorrow..

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Dammit Tim sign him!..

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/214611_hawk05.html

Sure-Oz
03-05-2005, 11:11 AM
NOOOO!! :p

jiveturkey
03-05-2005, 11:12 AM
How much cap room do you guys have?

PHOG
03-05-2005, 11:12 AM
HANDS OFF! :mad: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead:

:D

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:14 AM
How much cap room do you guys have?

10.5 mil under, before we released Simmons..

Iowanian
03-05-2005, 11:14 AM
I hope its raining and cold.
I hope his plane is delayed by fog.
I hope during the delay, he recieves a message from his agent that KC has made a very reasonable offer.

jiveturkey
03-05-2005, 11:15 AM
10.5 mil under, before we released Simmons..Yikes!

Mr. Kotter
03-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Does he know about the Seattle ordnance that requires Cross-Dressing every Saturday night? :hmmm:

Crush
03-05-2005, 11:16 AM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

BigChiefFan
03-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I just heard John Clayton on ESPN radio and he says the Chiefs should have a deal done with Rolle today and then he went on to say we're doing everything we can to land Hartwell and still have enough room for at least one more FA.

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I hope its raining and cold.
I hope his plane is delayed by fog.
I hope during the delay, he recieves a message from his agent that KC has made a very reasonable offer.

Sorry, it's sunny and 60 today..

nychief
03-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I just heard John Clayton on ESPN radio and he says the Chiefs should have a deal done with Rolle today and then he went on to say we're doing everything we can to land Hartwell and still have enough room for at least one more FA.

I hope he never makes it to Seattle.

But if he does, he can join that "rich" tradition of Seattle linebackers....cough.

PHOG
03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Sorry, it's sunny and 60 today..

How's Mt.St Helens doing today? :hmmm:

:)

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't worry guys.. Players seem to think Seattle is in Siberia or something. It's always been tough to convince players to sign way up here in the middle of nowhere.

Kerberos
03-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I hope he never makes it to Seattle.

But if he does, he can join that "rich" tradition of Seattle linebackers....cough.

Would that be in FRONT or BEHIND Brian Bozworth?? :hmmm:

:)

Cliff

Mr. Kotter
03-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't worry guys.. Players seem to think Seattle is in Siberia or something. It's always been tough to convince players to sign way up here in the middle of nowhere.

It is the home of Starbuck's, afterall. And the euphemism "Seattle Space Needle" doesn't fool any of 'em either.

VonneMarie
03-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh God, I hope so!

Wile_E_Coyote
03-05-2005, 11:31 AM
If the Seahawks sign Hartwell, Seattle won't be leading the nation in suicides this year

Bowser
03-05-2005, 11:32 AM
What, stealing Wistrom away wasn't enough for you pissants?

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Clayton is on the radio live right now at this link for the next few hours (Til 12:00 pst) he'll keep you all updated..

http://www.kjram.com/listenlive.html

BigChiefFan
03-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Seattle seems like a kick-ass city to me. I've never been there, but it looks like a quality city.

BTW, what's the news on Surtain? I've heard you guys might be the front-runners for Surtain. If that's the case, you all will be in the same boat as us trying to acquire a HIGH-PRICED CB and the high-priced Edgerton Hartwell. Joe, I'm just holding out some hope that the Chiefs actually get there guys this year. It's all I've got at this point. Tell me Hartwell never got on that plane. LOL.

Iowanian
03-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Someone should call Hartwell's agent and remind him that Seattle is vulnerable to Earthquakes, tsunamis, Volcanic activity as well as one of the easiest Nuclear Targets in the US.

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Seattle seems like a kick-ass city to me. I've never been there, but it looks like a quality city.

BTW, what's the news on Surtain? I've heard you guys might be the front-runners for Surtain. If that's the case, you all will be in the same boat as us trying to acquire a HIGH-PRICED CB and the high-priced Edgerton Hartwell. Joe, I'm just holding out some hope that the Chiefs actually get there guys this year. It's all I've got at this point. Tell me Hartwell never got on that plane. LOL.

It's weird how the last 3 or 4 years always has the Chiefs and Seahawks going after the same guys...

I would love it if we sign Hartwell, but I really doubt it will happen.

Surtain would be awesome as well, but I would prefer Smoot cause he's younger..

PHOG
03-05-2005, 11:46 AM
It's weird how the last 3 or 4 years always has the Chiefs and Seahawks going after the same guys...

Surtain would be awesome as well, but I would prefer Smoot cause he's younger..
Sounds like the respective fans of each team have the same outlook as well.

BigChiefFan
03-05-2005, 11:48 AM

Surtain would be awesome as well, but I would prefer Smoot cause he's younger.. If you all so much cap-room why did you all let Lucas go?

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2005, 11:54 AM
If you all so much cap-room why did you all let Lucas go?

Lucas's agent came back to us before signing the deal in Carolina, but we said we would not pay that much for him..

Straight, No Chaser
03-05-2005, 12:10 PM

ROFL Well, that's somewhat encouraging

BTW, It may help your cause if the Walrus smiled once in awhile.

--->

Kerberos
03-05-2005, 12:12 PM
as well as one of the easiest Nuclear Targets in the US.

And that is just because of MICROSOFT.

Bill has screwed the POOCH for all of Washington State!

:homer:

DOH

DaWolf
03-05-2005, 02:53 PM
But OTOH Joe, it may turn out that you pull another Wistrom and overpay him by leaps and bounds over what anyone else was gonna offer. Then we'd be screwed...

tk13
03-05-2005, 02:56 PM
But OTOH Joe, it may turn out that you pull another Wistrom and overpay him by leaps and bounds over what anyone else was gonna offer. Then we'd be screwed...
That's what I'm afraid is going to happen. They're probably gonna throw 14 or 15 million in signing bonus at him. I don't think we can do that and fit it under the cap. Then we'll be the exact opposite of last year and everybody will complain because we don't have enough cap room, nevermind everyone complained that we didn't spend up to the cap last year so we'd have money to spend now... :)