PDA

View Full Version : So WTF is going on???

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Please forgive me...I haven't been around much lately. I've logged on a couple of times just to see the headlines and what you all were talking about...mostly to see what FA's we might have signed....and I see nothing. I've looked at the threads and get the point that we have yet to sign anyone.....so what the **** is really going on at Arrowhead? Is Carl ****ing it all up again or is there still reasonable hope? Fill me in people...... I'm starving here........do we need to storm the battlements?....do we have to take Arrowhead at gunpoint?..... do we need to lay on the roadways running out of Arrowhead and not let anyone out until we are satisfied with the signings?.........................

DO WE NEED A COUP????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

Let's take back our team!

:cuss:

paulgkc
03-05-2005, 03:29 PM
At this point it's hard to say. We haven't really missed on anybody except Trotter and he was a long-shot to begin with. But we haven't signed anybody yet either. Still waiting on Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell. My money is on Carl ****ing it up again, but who knows.

Legit- http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=12109055
PM me if you've got any questions.

InChiefsHeaven
03-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, personally I'm not ready to give up till the first week is over, but I'd REALLY like to see us have a kickass FA by Monday...the waiting is killing me, but I still think they are doing some positive things...this is a business that none of us know anything about, as far as I'm concerned. Sadly, the history is not much to go off of to make me feel better either, so... :banghead:

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Carl's just dicking around until someone else signs the high dollar FA's then he will try to sign somebody on the cheap. He doesn't want a Super Bowl, he wants full seats at the cheapest possible cost.

MichaelH
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
The problems and frustration comes from the fact that the need for quality defensive players was immense. By not having a single player signed by Saturday night, it reinforces the reasons why the Chiefs have not won a Superbowl in over 30 years or a playoff game in several. The owners and management are simply too cheap.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Carl's just dicking around until someone else signs the high dollar FA's then he will try to sign somebody on the cheap. He doesn't want a Super Bowl, he wants full seats at the cheapest possible cost.
That's what I'm most afraid of.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 03:41 PM
the positive minded person would say:

we've looked at 5 or 6 players ... we wanted Trotter but he was just using us for leverage and then went back to philly.

the other 2 guys that we are really interested in are still in the works.

we are working on trying to get samari Rolle's contract down low enough so that we can also reach LB Ed Hartwell's demands.... because we really want to sign both.

if we can work the deal a little more and free up some more money we will sign Samari Rolle and Ed Hartwell in a few days.

the pessimistic minded person would say:

all this bullchit is just another charade to keep up the illusions that we are really working on signing guys ... Just like the huge FA parade in 1997. But in reality we are really just too cheap and after all these high profile guys clear out we will settle for for a couple punk free agents and the front office will just say "we tried, but we can't force guys to sign here"

htismaqe
03-05-2005, 03:42 PM
the positive minded person would say:

we've looked at 5 or 6 players ... we wanted Trotter but he was just using us for leverage and then went back to philly.

the other 2 guys that we are really interested in are still in the works.

we are working on trying to get samari Rolle's contract down low enough so that we can also reach LB Ed Hartwell's demands.... because we really want to sign both.

if we can work the deal a little more and free up some more money we will sign Samari Rolle and Ed Hartwell in a few days.

the pessimistic minded person would say:

all this bullchit is just another charade to keep up the illusions that we are really working on signing guys ... Just like the huge FA parade in 1997. But in reality we are really just too cheap and after all these high profile guys clear out we will settle for for a couple punk free agents and the front office will just say "we tried, but we can't force guys to sign here"

and somewhere in between lies the truth...

Stinger
03-05-2005, 03:44 PM

yeah but there is blood in the water and the sharks are circling on the board.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 03:49 PM

well said, Petro

tk13
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Quiet Rufus! The world is black and white.

Calcountry
03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah but there is blood in the water and the sharks are circling on the board.Yeah, and it goes all the way up to Lamar as far as I'm concerned. Really, doesn't he have to bear some fuggin responsibility for not even winning his own goddam trophy once in 35 years?

patteeu
03-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Jason Whitlock, a local sports talk and sportswriting celebrity, organized a protest called the No Salary Limit Soldier March to put pressure on Carl Peterson to sign big name free agents. Carl Peterson was so frightened by the prospects of a citizen march on his high-rise condo on the Plaza that he scheduled several top FA's for visits on the first day of free agency just in case he had to sign a fat contract or two to pacify the mob. At the same time, Peterson used his leverage with the corporate bigwigs at Entercom Corp. to have Whitlock undermined to the point that Whitlock resigned from 610AM the day before his big rally. The rally subsequently failed to generate any publicity whatsoever and Carl Peterson felt comfortable telling all the high profile free agents to get the f*** out of town. They left and now Carl is laughing at all the little people while he lights a cigar with cash from someone's season ticket purchase.

Rumor has it that he forced you out at your radio station and made it look like a resignation too.

Pants
03-05-2005, 05:03 PM

Why would CP want that? It's not his money. Lamar told him what to do, he's doing it. I guarantee you, CP would be awesome under Snyder or even Davis. The only problem with CP is drafting.

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 05:04 PM
We could replace all the previous posts with one simple, solitary word:

Nothin'

htismaqe
03-05-2005, 05:28 PM
well said, Petro

thank you for the complement...

buddha
03-05-2005, 05:58 PM
well said, Petro

And the amazing thing is that Eliza, Natalie and Lindsay never get tired of dancing or entertaining all of us!!! :p

Pants
03-05-2005, 05:59 PM
What happened to your rep Buddha? Are you one of the regulars pretending?