PDA

View Full Version : Carl talked to Poston today about Ty Law and

Bootlegged
03-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Julian Peterson? Just heard Poston on ESPN radio. Stated that he and Carl talked today about Law and then Peterson asked Poston about Julian Peterson...my guess is just out of curiousity. Anyway, I found it interesting that we are talking about Law on the eve of this Rolle signing. Guess we're not that far along w/Rolle...or maybe he's just wanting to know what the market will pay for Law.

Bowser
03-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Sounds like Carl has an acute case of ADD. FOCUS, DAMN YOU! Start with Rolle, then Hartwell, then go play with the others!

Archie Bunker
03-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Peterson would be sweet. I would give up a 1st for him easily.

cheeeefs
03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah I would love love love Peterson, I still get pissed thinking about that day in San Fran when he totall dominated gonzo by cheating his ass off... but he was goooooood

Chiefs Pantalones
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Carl is the sybmol of this organization...can't finish what you start.

BigChiefFan
03-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I like having a back-up plan, but this is getting ridiculous, even the cap-strapped Dolphins have signed somebody. What the Hell is the hold up?

bricks
03-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Julian Peterson? Just heard Poston on ESPN radio. Stated that he and Carl talked today about Law and then Peterson asked Poston about Julian Peterson...my guess is just out of curiousity. Anyway, I found it interesting that we are talking about Law on the eve of this Rolle signing. Guess we're not that far along w/Rolle...or maybe he's just wanting to know what the market will pay for Law.

Yup. heard it too. Poston hinted to Carl, that signing Peterson and Law, would make the Chiefs over the cap. Did you hear the end of the interview, what Poston said? "Talk is cheap, we want to see some action!" "We are going to the make our decision based on what teams make us highly competitive offer."
In other words, when it comes to Ty Law it's all about the money baby!

Bowser
03-05-2005, 04:08 PM
I like having a back-up plan, but this is getting ridiculous, even the cap-strapped Dolphins have signed somebody. What the Hell is the hold up?

Apparently, Carl's lack of focus, and Denny Thum trying to lowball the Chiefs through free agency.

Brace yourselves for the meltdown, people. Our front office is going to dick around and lose every one of these top-tier free agents.

Hammock Parties
03-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Peterson, Hartwell/Bell, Rolle, and Smith. Throw in a rookie to maybe play the nickel and I'm drooling!

ZootedGranny
03-05-2005, 04:11 PM
If they can't get Hartwell signed, there's no way in hell they'll get Peterson into a long term contract.

MGRS13
03-05-2005, 04:14 PM
In other words, when it comes to Ty Law it's all about the money baby!
It's always about the money. Why do you think it's such a big story when a player(like trotter) stays some where for less money? Because it doesn't happen very often.

patteeu
03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Why do people around here seem to put more faith in what an agent says than in what Carl Peterson or the Chiefs say? I agree that it's reasonable to be skeptical of statements made by the Chiefs, but I sure wouldn't bank on anything an agent says either.

bricks
03-05-2005, 04:18 PM
It's always about the money. Why do you think it's such a big story when a player(like trotter) stays some where for less money? Because it doesn't happen very often.

I never said it was a big story. i was being enthusiastic.

MGRS13
03-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I never said it was a big story. i was being enthusiastic.
Nah, I was saying that it is a big story when a player takes less money to stay or go to a certin team. It makes it a big story because it doesn't happen very often. I mean I'm sure you are never surprised to find out a player left his original team to chase the buck. But it's a big water cooler story to say "you know so and so had a huge contract from another team but decided to stay here for less money because he likes the coach,fans,owner,whatever."

Logical
03-05-2005, 04:53 PM
I have pretty much decided I don't want Law since he is still in a wheelchair at this point in the year.

Baby Lee
03-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I have pretty much decided I don't want Law since he is still in a wheelchair at this point in the year.
I'm up in the air. Where was Priest at this point two years ago? And then again, can lightning strike twice?
And still, we're taking about a bone here, and a bone in the foot at that, not a tibia or fubula, not a muscle or a ligament.

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm up in the air. Where was Priest at this point two years ago? And then again, can lightning strike twice?Roaf, too.

What I"m wondering if we're looking at Rolle *and* Law, rather than *or*.

mcan
03-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm up in the air. Where was Priest at this point two years ago? And then again, can lightning strike twice?
And still, we're taking about a bone here, and a bone in the foot at that, not a tibia or fubula, not a muscle or a ligament.

Priest was doing stairs with 50 lbs dumbbells in each hand chanting "Never get caught from behind again... Never get caught from behind again..." He was working out like a russian boxer by this time last year...

Wallcrawler
03-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I cant understand why Carl would inquire about Julian Peterson anyway.

He's been franchised, and it would take a lot to get him. If they wont give up a 2 for Patrick Surtain, why would he give up a first for a guy who cannot walk? He is still down with that ruptured or torn achilles tendon that he suffered.

What the hell is the infatuation with inquiring about players with bad injuries??

Damn.

Just get Rolle signed, and get after Hartwell before another team signs him. Anything after that, hey, do what you want.

We need those two guys NOW. Quit dicking around with the cripples, and get down to business with the guys who are going to be able to be there at camp.

bricks
03-05-2005, 05:04 PM
No offense to anybody, I don't buy this garbage that Law is in a wheelchair. his agent said he was able to stand, walk around a little and do some things. I seen him standing on the sidelines during the SB. He is going to have get some screws of some sort installed in that foot, most likely go through rehab. What Wheelchair? Ty Law's banged up, yes, but, wheelchair is a little little over exageration. I never heard Poston comment on Law being in a wheelchair. I think Ty Law is going to be fine, he is just going to have to be very careful and have special treatment. he should be ready by next season.

Wallcrawler
03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
No offense to anybody, I don't buy this garbage that Law is in a wheelchair. his agent said he was able to stand, walk around a little and do some things. I seen him standing on the sidelines during the SB. He is going to have get some screws of some sort installed in that foot, most likely go through rehab. What Wheelchair? Ty Law's banged up, yes, but, wheelchair is a little little over exageration. I never heard Poston comment on Law being in a wheelchair. I think Ty Law is going to be fine, he is just going to have to be very careful and have special treatment. he should be ready by next season.

After the SB, I believe Law had another procedure performed on the foot. He was on Total Access just before the Pro Bowl, on a scooter, under doctor's orders to put ZERO pressure on the foot.

A couple days ago, Carl first talked to Poston about Law, and found that he was in a wheelchair, and DID NOT have a walking boot on yet.

To make a long story short, Carl seemed less than impressed with Law's progression in recovering from the injury.

tk13
03-05-2005, 05:08 PM
He may or may not be in a wheelchair.... but say he was, you think his agent would actually come out and say "Yes, my client is in a wheelchair and currently unable to walk. Please give him lots of money." That would be stupid.

bricks
03-05-2005, 05:10 PM
He may or may not be in a wheelchair.... but say he was, you think his agent would actually come out and say "Yes, my client is in a wheelchair and currently unable to walk. Please give him lots of money." That would be stupid.

Oh of course not. I can see your point.

bricks
03-05-2005, 05:11 PM
After the SB, I believe Law had another procedure performed on the foot. He was on Total Access just before the Pro Bowl, on a scooter, under doctor's orders to put ZERO pressure on the foot.

A couple days ago, Carl first talked to Poston about Law, and found that he was in a wheelchair, and DID NOT have a walking boot on yet.

To make a long story short, Carl seemed less than impressed with Law's progression in recovering from the injury.

Now there is an added scoop to the Ty Law story. I didn't know that, thanks for the scoop.

Bootlegged
03-05-2005, 05:12 PM
For the record, Law is now in a walking boot, per his agent. He and Charles Woodson went out on the town last night in Miami.

bricks
03-05-2005, 05:13 PM
For the record, Law is now in a walking boot, per his agent. He and Charles Woodson went out on the town last night in Miami.

Maybe he'll sign with the Raiders oh I can see that happening!! Just so they keep him away from us!! :banghead: :banghead:

Frankie
03-05-2005, 05:21 PM
We will probably sign Law in the 2nd FA season, with the money we save by not signing anybody now..... Yeah, that's it.

morphius
03-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Aren't the Poston's pretty evil as agents? I thought a lot of teams were pretty much trying to avoid dealing with them because their players always hold out, get into camp late, and cost way too damn much. Law could be on the market for a while.

splatbass
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Maybe CP is just trying to put some pressure on Rolle to sign by talking to Poston about Law, letting Rolle know we have other options.

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Maybe CP is just trying to put some pressure on Rolle to sign by talking to Poston about Law, letting Rolle know we have other options.
Yep, that Carl is a tough SOB.

brent102fire
03-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Peterson, Hartwell/Bell, Rolle, and Smith. Throw in a rookie to maybe play the nickel and I'm drooling!

Sounds like CP will fail to sign any of these guys...get ready for a repeat of last year. This time it's worse because CP is teasing all the Chiefs Fans by having FA's come to KC when he knows he's not going to sign any of them :banghead: :mad: :shake: :cuss:

Hammock Parties
03-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Sounds like CP will fail to sign any of these guys...get ready for a repeat of last year. This time it's worse because CP is teasing all the Chiefs Fans by having FA's come to KC when he knows he's not going to sign any of them :banghead: :mad: :shake: :cuss:

If we sign some FAs I'll go to a game. If we don't...I won't.

Unless we get in the playoffs, of course. ROFL :rolleyes: :( :cuss: :banghead: