PDA

View Full Version : Texas thrashing OSU

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, actually they are up by one at the half. If OSU loses, KU wins the conference. I usually root for the Cowboys but not tonight.

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Still close with 10 min to go

HemiEd
03-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Good Game

Terribilis
03-05-2005, 10:00 PM
actually we want osu to win,
if osu wins we automatically with the big 12, even if we lose to MU
but if osu loses, and we lost to MU, OU wins the big 12

SnapDogg
03-05-2005, 10:03 PM
If, if.................not if'z about it, we're gonna kick the Shite out of Missery!

Terribilis
03-05-2005, 10:03 PM
If, if.................not if'z about it, we're gonna kick the Shite out of Missery!
:thumb:

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Longhorns up by 4 with 2 min to go

HemiEd
03-05-2005, 10:08 PM

rep! :thumb:

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 10:10 PM

now lets be nice...it's been a tiring 3 days.:)

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Texas is going to win it. Why didn't OSU shoot like this against KU? They were lights out against us.

HemiEd
03-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Texas wins

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Buckman is a dumbass

chiefsfan987
03-05-2005, 10:49 PM
actually we want osu to win,
if osu wins we automatically with the big 12, even if we lose to MU
but if osu loses, and we lost to MU, OU wins the big 12

Thats not true, regardless of what the outcome of this game was, Kansas still had to win at Missouri because OU has the tiebreaker against the Jayhawks.

Imon Yourside
03-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Thats not true, regardless of what the outcome of this game was, Kansas still had to win at Missouri because OU has the tiebreaker against the Jayhawks.

Not true, cuz if OSU,OU and KU were tied KU wins the tiebreaker cuz OSU swept tech and OU split with tech so OSU wins the south and KU wins the north and of course we beat OSU, anyways I digress we need to beat misery tomorrow or we don't deserve a #1 seed in the big dance.

DJay23
03-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Not true, cuz if OSU,OU and KU were tied KU wins the tiebreaker cuz OSU swept tech and OU split with tech so OSU wins the south and KU wins the north and of course we beat OSU, anyways I digress we need to beat misery tomorrow or we don't deserve a #1 seed in the big dance.
Don't think it quite works like that. They don't recognize North and South champs in Basketball like they do in football.

The reality is that if we lose to Mizzou we are tied with OU who holds the head to head tie breaker. That would give them the conference title, and the #1 seed in the tournament.

the Talking Can
03-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Texas wins

sweet, that assures another Big 12 team in the tournament...

DJay23
03-05-2005, 11:41 PM
http://big12sports.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/tie-breaker.html

Basketball Tournament Seeding Procedures

The seeding for the tournament will be based upon regular-season competition. Each institution will play 16 Conference games. The top four seeds receive first-round byes. The winner of the post-season basketball tournament shall be declared the Big 12 automatic qualifier to the NCAA tournament. A team ineligible under NCAA or Big 12 rules for post-season competition shall not compete in the tournament. The four eligible teams with the best record (percentage wise) in their 16 Conference games shall receive the byes in the first round of the Big 12 post-season tournament.

4.1 Tournament Seeding Process. The Big 12 Conference has adopted the following policies and procedures for placement of seeds in the post-season tournament.

4.1.1 First-Round Byes. The four teams with the best records (percentage wise) in the 16 Conference games shall earn first-round byes.
4.1.2 Remaining Seeds. After the four teams have been awarded first-round byes and ranked as the No. 1 through No. 4 seeds (based upon winning percentage), all remaining teams will be ranked in order No. 5 through No. 12 for seeding in the tournament.

4.2 Tiebreakers. The first criteria in the breaking of ties in the standings shall be head-to-head competition of tied teams. The following procedure will be used to establish the tournament seeds if ties exist. (For tie-breaking procedures teams will be grouped in two divisions based upon established guidelines. Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Nebraska are in one division and Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech are in the other division.)

(a) If two teams are tied and they are from different divisions, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the higher seed.
(b) If two teams are tied and they are from the same division, the team with an advantage in head-to-head competition shall be the higher seed.

(c) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of overall record against division teams only (10 divisional games).

(d) If two teams remain tied, there will be a *comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.

(e) If two teams remain tied, there will be a *comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the opposite division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.

(f) If two teams remain tied, the higher seed will be chosen by draw.

(g) If three or more teams are tied, ties among divisional opponents will be broken first by using steps (b) through (f) and the head-to-head results will be used to break ties between non-divisional teams. When three or more teams from the same division are tied step (b) will consist of a mini-round robin among the tied teams. At any point during the process of breaking ties among three or more teams that the number of tied teams are reduced to two, head-to-head competition would be used as the primary tie-breaker, followed-by steps (c) through (f).

(*Note: When comparing against the 'highest' ranked team(s)' in either division, the comparison will be based upon how tied teams did against all teams in a given placement, rather than a team that wins a tiebreaker at another position. For example, if two teams are tied for fifth and two teams are tied for first, the head-to-head comparison would be how the fifth place teams did against the first place teams combined, and vice-versa.)

4.2.1 Draw. In the event tie-breaking procedures are unsuccessful and a draw is necessary in determining any portion of seeding, the following procedure will be used:
(a) The drawing will be conducted in public or with media attendance;
(b) Institutions involved in the drawing have the right to have a local representative in attendance at the drawing; and,
(c) A single slip of paper with names representing each of the tied institutions will be placed into a container and will be drawn in order of seeding from highest to lowest.

(Note: In the Big 12 seeding process, the highest seed is #1 and the lowest seed is #12.)

DJay23
03-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Ok, reading through that again, we did need OSU to win because:

Tie breakers between division teams are settled first. OSU and OU split during the season, but OSU swept Tech, while OU split, giving OSU the tiebreaker. That would have left KU and OSU, which obviously KU owns the tiebreaker.

So I do believe it would have been beneficial had the Pokes won, but I'd rather us take care of our own "biness" to win the title outright.

Terribilis
03-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Ok, reading through that again, we did need OSU to win because:

Tie breakers between division teams are settled first. OSU and OU split during the season, but OSU swept Tech, while OU split, giving OSU the tiebreaker. That would have left KU and OSU, which obviously KU owns the tiebreaker.

So I do believe it would have been beneficial had the Pokes won, but I'd rather us take care of our own "biness" to win the title outright.
here is a link that backs it up
http://www.kusports.com/news/mens_basketball/story/113515

Imon Yourside
03-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Don't think it quite works like that. They don't recognize North and South champs in Basketball like they do in football.

The reality is that if we lose to Mizzou we are tied with OU who holds the head to head tie breaker. That would give them the conference title, and the #1 seed in the tournament.

That's exactly what I said, and why I'm so fuggin pissed OSU and Tech couldn't hold serve at home!

DJay23
03-06-2005, 12:21 AM
That's exactly what I said, and why I'm so fuggin pissed OSU and Tech couldn't hold serve at home!
oh, ok. Nevermind :p