PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice...the Chiefs will win the Superbowl

CanadaKC
03-05-2005, 09:10 PM
I thought about it...forget the negative and stuff...one thing always comes to mind...we are the NFL's best fans and our players want to give us a championship. Carl, Dick, and Gunther will finally get this train on the rails again and we will win. Call it a gut feeling...but there are so many mistakes the ownership, coaches, and players have learned from to overcome and succeed. Call it an epiphany...but I suddenly have come to the realization that the Chiefs will be champions...and no...I'm not drinking. I heard what Preist and Tony G. have said in the off-season...I have heard what FA players like Hartwell have said about our organization...and I feel strongly that we are just a team that the media ignores or chastises...but our time is coming. We will be in the show...
and we will win. :thumb:

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm not drinking. I am. And I still don't think we'll win the Superbowl.

Guess I should drink more.

Hammock Parties
03-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Sentiment is nice but if we don't have at least three new starters on D we're ****ed.

Imon Yourside
03-05-2005, 09:12 PM
It's amazing what not having hockey season can do to the mind, you ok bro? :hmmm:

CanadaKC
03-05-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't know...when I thought about it...what Hartwell said today about our organization...and what Priest and Tony G. said earlier...they KNOW.
They know how close we are. Theyt were all extremely positive. They wound know better than us. They believe in Vermeil and they believe in Gunther.

Deberg_1990
03-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I don't know...when I thought about it...what Hartwell said today about our organization...and what Priest and Tony G. said earlier...they KNOW.
They know how close we are. Theyt were all extremely positive. They wound know better than us. They believe in Vermeil and they believe in Gunther.

Ummm..whatever..Carl has you right where he wants you. Brainwashed.

CanadaKC
03-05-2005, 09:16 PM
It's amazing what not having hockey season can do to the mind, you ok bro?

:LOL:

I'm OK for sure.... :)

Michael Michigan
03-05-2005, 09:17 PM
...and no...I'm not drinking.

...perhaps you should start...

HolmeZz
03-05-2005, 09:22 PM

What did Priest and Tony say earlier? I guess I missed it.

CanadaKC
03-05-2005, 09:23 PM
I thought long about this...but Hartwell was very positive about the Chiefs....and it got me to thinking...he was asked..."what would the Chiefs look like with you and Rolle on D?"...All he could do was howl...
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.....WE WOULD BE A FORCE."
A couple signings puts us right back in the game. I remember when we signed Montana and Marcus Allen...that game against Denver. We have come to a point IMO where Carl HAS to make huge moves to shake up the team...and that begins with FA's like Rolle and Hartwell.

Over-Head
03-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Damn, your into some B.C Hydro ain't ya?
I am, but it ain't as near as good as your apparently. :shake:

milkman
03-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Is it just me, or is there anyone else that now has a picture in their mind of CanadaKC clicking his heels together.

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
It's just you. But if that's what turns your crank, them more power to ya.

CanadaKC
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Priest said ..."we had a disappointing season for sure...(forcing Carl's hand)...but I belive we are a couple signings away from being right back to where we were last year. We need the defence to step up cause we have the best offense in the league. If we can make improvements on defence...we'll hold our own."

Tony G. said..."We need to bring in some FA's on defence for sure. I don't want to say anything about the character on this team...cause it's great...but it's obvious we need to address the talent. It's obvious we need...better players at their positions. We've stood pat the past season..and we got burned. We can't do that again.

milkman
03-05-2005, 09:32 PM
It's just you. But if that's what turns your crank, them more power to ya.

nlm

CanadaKC
03-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Obviously I have underestimated the cynicism ( which is understandable)
most of the planet feels. But if the players themselves believe we are close...could they be so wrong? I don't know.

keg in kc
03-05-2005, 09:33 PM
most of the planet feels. But if the players themselves believe we are close...could they be so wrong? I don't know.They say the same thing every year during offseason interviews...

Logical
03-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Is it just me, or is there anyone else that now has a picture in their mind of CanadaKC clicking his heels together.

I picture him imagining the Chiefs on a little train going up a hill and they are all yelling I think we can I think we can.

CosmicPal
03-05-2005, 09:42 PM
I've been saying the same thing every year since '89; and every year, of course, I'm disappointed at the end.

I will remember my feelings this time last year- and I KNOW THERE WERE A LOT OF PLANETEERS WHO FELT THE SAME WAY, and that was by getting Gun to return as DC, all we needed was to be a middle-of-the-road defense, and our offense would do the rest. Of course, our offense the first few games didn't do their job, AND, of course, our defense wasn't middle-of-the-road.

I think the defense CAN be middle-of-the road, and I believe our offense will continue to be as good as it ever was. So, I share you same sentiments. (again). :shake:

I believe we WILL improve defensively and we must win the close games, and beat the opponents that we are clearly better than. We didn't do that last year- last year, we lost the games we should have won, and we lost a few close games in the fourth quarter. People seem to forget this, and would rather have everyone fired and the entire defense filled with free agents. You can't have too many free agents all trying to learn the same defense, and all trying to be the new leader. A new linebacker, a new defensive end, and an extra body at defensive back whether they come from free agency and/or the draft is what we need. But, most importantly- the guys that are there - NEED TO IMPROVE. And we all know they can.

With a little luck, some maturity and experience, and most importantly- a legitimate drive by each player striving for the same significant trophey-and we can win the Super Bowl, if not at least get there.

I'm not happy either, but I still believe- and as long as I believe, I'm alive.

DTLB58
03-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I thought about it...forget the negative and stuff...one thing always comes to mind...we are the NFL's best fans and our players want to give us a championship. Carl, Dick, and Gunther will finally get this train on the rails again and we will win. Call it a gut feeling...but there are so many mistakes the ownership, coaches, and players have learned from to overcome and succeed. Call it an epiphany...but I suddenly have come to the realization that the Chiefs will be champions...and no...I'm not drinking. I heard what Preist and Tony G. have said in the off-season...I have heard what FA players like Hartwell have said about our organization...and I feel strongly that we are just a team that the media ignores or chastises...but our time is coming. We will be in the show...
and we will win. :thumb:

:Lin:

morphius
03-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Obviously I have underestimated the cynicism ( which is understandable)
most of the planet feels. But if the players themselves believe we are close...could they be so wrong? I don't know.
Thing to keep in mind, a few of the players have said that changes need to be made on D. So if nothing is done, look for a possible implosion.

morphius
I must lay off the pessimism...

RaiderCorporate
03-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I thought long about this...but Hartwell was very positive about the Chiefs....and it got me to thinking...he was asked..."what would the Chiefs look like with you and Rolle on D?"...All he could do was howl...
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.....WE WOULD BE A FORCE."
A couple signings puts us right back in the game. I remember when we signed Montana and Marcus Allen...that game against Denver. We have come to a point IMO where Carl HAS to make huge moves to shake up the team...and that begins with FA's like Rolle and Hartwell.

What do you expect Hartwell to say? HE WANTS LOTS OF MONEY. Had he responded something like "Well, we'd be marginally better, I think." probably wouldn't inspire confidence or a generous signing bonus...

As for Carl, he has proven in... what has it been? - 15 years?, that he doesn't have to do anything and usually he doesn't. So long as he keeps Hunt's team profitable and most chiefs fans keep automatically filling the stands no matter how the team performs all he needs do is pretend he wants to improve the team to championship calibre.

FloridaChief
03-05-2005, 10:52 PM
So long as he keeps Hunt's team profitable and most chiefs fans keep automatically filling the stands no matter how the team performs

And that's something not every team in the AFCW can claim, huh?

RaiderCorporate
03-05-2005, 11:15 PM
And that's something not every team in the AFCW can claim, huh?

If you take pride in such a claim, so be it. How's that worked so far to induce Peterson into fielding a team that actually made it to the SuperBowl?

FloridaChief
03-05-2005, 11:17 PM
If you take pride in such a claim, so be it.

Indeed I do. It's spared me the humiliation of being a fan of a team who, even in their good years, cannot sell out a home game.

RaiderCorporate
03-06-2005, 01:31 AM
Indeed I do. It's spared me the humiliation of being a fan of a team who, even in their good years, cannot sell out a home game.

Unfortunately, it hasn't spared you the humiliation of watching your team rarely make the playoffs or, rarer still, winning a playoff game. I give you credit, though, for accepting less than the best from your team.

Logical
03-06-2005, 01:32 AM
If you take pride in such a claim, so be it. How's that worked so far to induce Peterson into fielding a team that actually made it to the SuperBowl?Wow I actually agree with you that is really rare.

FloridaChief
03-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Unfortunately, it hasn't spared you the humiliation of watching your team rarely make the playoffs or, rarer still, winning a playoff game. I give you credit, though, for accepting less than the best from your team.

It's true. My team hasn't been to a Super Bowl in years. Of course it's also true that my team hasn't been revealed as a laughingstock in front of the world after a soul-crushing Super Bowl blowout...

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6152678.jpg

FloridaChief
03-06-2005, 01:48 AM
I give you credit, though, for accepting less than the best from your team.

Hope you didn't pull a muscle making an insane leap of logic.

MyChiefConcern
03-06-2005, 01:53 AM
The best thing that could happen for the Chiefs in the longterm, should this off-season be a total bust, would be for the fans to mutiny. Lamar doesn't notice losses, but he would notice a hit to his bottom line.

htismaqe
03-06-2005, 06:20 AM
The best thing that could happen for the Chiefs in the longterm, should this off-season be a total bust, would be for the fans to mutiny. Lamar doesn't notice losses, but he would notice a hit to his bottom line.

Funny.

Yet sad.

Gaz
03-06-2005, 07:31 AM
I was assured yesterday that the season is over and now we are going to win the Superbowl?

xoxo~
Gaz
Overwhelmed.

RaiderCorporate
03-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Hope you didn't pull a muscle making an insane leap of logic.

This topic is about YOUR team. My comments are about your team. You sidestep my comments by introducing the idea of humiliation and direct it at my team. That is logical? It's an ineffective way to address my comments about your team but it does keep you busy.

If you are automatically filling the stands and watching your team play despite Peterson's poor efforts to field a team that can actually win in the playoffs... isn't that accepting less than the best?

FloridaChief
03-06-2005, 10:51 AM
This topic is about YOUR team. My comments are about your team. You sidestep my comments by introducing the idea of humiliation and direct it at my team. That is logical? It's an ineffective way to address my comments about your team but it does keep you busy.

If you are automatically filling the stands and watching your team play despite Peterson's poor efforts to field a team that can actually win in the playoffs... isn't that accepting less than the best?

No, you stupid twat, MY topic is about YOUR f*ckstick team. You were beaten like a 50-yr old whore at an S&M convention at that Super Bowl. I mean, Jesus Christ, the Bucs dry anal-raped your boys and--for the love of God--they looked like they liked it. I'd probably kill myself if the Chiefs took such a vicious sodomy.

Anyway, good luck trying to avoid a TV blackout this year....

4th and Long
03-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Anyway, good luck trying to avoid a TV blackout this year....
They don't call it The Black Hole for nothing. No one is ever there.

4th and Long
03-06-2005, 11:00 AM
I was assured yesterday that the season is over and now we are going to win the Superbowl?

xoxo~
Gaz
Overwhelmed.

AAAGGHHH!!! This is making my head hurt!
http://img233.exs.cx/img233/4715/blowup3lq.gif

MyChiefConcern
03-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Funny.

Yet sad.

*shrug* Not really. Carl Peterson has been taking this fanbase for granted since the day he set foot on 1 Arrowhead Drive. He continually drives up ticket, parking, and concession prices, yet the team only very rarely makes the playoffs and has never actually won a playoff GAME under his regime. Essentially, they've done nothing to warrant such loyalty and/or price hikes. He continually masks everything under a veneer of "We're trying!", and frankly, it got old a few years ago.

Can you think of something else that would make Lamar Hunt LISTEN to this fanbase other than something that hits him in the wallet? I'm all ears.

keg in kc
03-06-2005, 12:09 PM
He continually drives up ticket, parking, and concession prices, yet the team only very rarely makes the playoffs and has never actually won a playoff GAME under his regime. I beat on the dude as much as the next guy, but come on, let's not go too far. Never? They made an AFC championship game in the 90's.

It's the constant mediocrity thing that bugs me. He's gotten a pass for too long. 2 winning seasons in 7 years (and one of those was 9-7, more mediocrity), no playoff wins in 12. How he's managed to retain his job is beyond me. I guess Lamar considers the "President" tag more vital than the "GM" one.

MyChiefConcern
03-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I beat on the dude as much as the next guy, but come on, let's not go too far. Never? They made an AFC championship game in the 90's.

My apologies. I had forgotten that Carl was leading the front office during that year.

Man...what a season that was.

Bowser
03-06-2005, 12:13 PM
I beat on the dude as much as the next guy, but come on, let's not go too far. Never? They made an AFC championship game in the 90's.

It's the constant mediocrity thing that bugs me. He's gotten a pass for too long. 2 winning seasons in 7 years (and one of those was 9-7, more mediocrity), no playoff wins in 12. How he's managed to retain his job is beyond me. I guess Lamar considers the "President" tag more vital than the "GM" one.

Then Lamar can keep him onboard as President/CEO, and go find a competent general manger. Carl is probablly better suited for that anyway. Hell, he's not even dealing with these players or agents, Denny Thum is.

keg in kc
03-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Then Lamar can keep him onboard as President/CEO, and go find a competent general manger. Carl is probablly better suited for that anyway. Hell, he's not even dealing with these players or agents, Denny Thum is.I've been saying that for as long as I've followed the team.

RaiderCorporate
03-07-2005, 01:10 AM
I'd probably kill myself if the Chiefs took such a vicious sodomy.

False passion doesn't become you. Peterson's been sodomizing you (the fans) and your team for 15 years and, look! you're still alive.

Thanks for playing.

|Zach|
03-07-2005, 01:13 AM
False passion doesn't become you. Peterson's been sodomizing you (the fans) and your team for 15 years and, look! you're still alive.

Thanks for playing.
You would have thought with all of those crappy decisions made by Peterson your crew could have notched a single win over us in the past 4 games.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 01:14 AM
You would have think with all of those crappy decisions made by Peterson your crew could have notched a single win over us in the past 4 games.

"Commitment to Excellence."

If we had kept Gannon the Raiders would probably have never beaten us in the last 5-6 years.