PDA

View Full Version : injuries a concern for chiefs when it comes to signing rolle

chiefs1111
03-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Len P was on espn talking about it today and said hed already be signed with us if not for the fact that thr chiefs are concerned about some type of injury. they wanna make sure hell be 100percent before they give the signing bonus,also he said look for them to make an offer to kendrell bell on mondaybut it still apopoears ed hartwell will be the guy we get but hes in arizona this weekend

FloridaChief
03-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks, kcnut...

BigRedChief
03-06-2005, 12:04 AM
there is no way that King Carl lands Hartwell, Bell and Rolle. No friggin way.

irishjayhawk
03-06-2005, 12:09 AM
That would be sweet.

HolmeZz
03-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah, no way we get Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell. I can see Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith though.

Logical
03-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, no way we get Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell. I can see Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith though.Unfortunately it is more likely Rolle, Bell, and Smith but that is not terrible.

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 12:18 AM

As much as I agree, I hope you eat those fuggin' words on Monday or Tuesday... :)

:thumb:

melbar
03-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Why is it that the Chiefs front office always seems to be taking the weekend off?

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Why is it that the Chiefs front office always seems to be taking the weekend off?

I think it's probably because most of the rest of the nation, generally, takes the weekend off. :shrug:

melbar
03-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Mean while deals are getting done with other teams...

KevB
03-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah, no way we get Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell. I can see Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith though.

I'm fine with that. It gets McCleon, Woods and Mitchell off the field. Sounds good to me.

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Mean while deals are getting done with other teams...

Not much since Happy Hour on Friday...heh.

Logical
03-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Mean while deals are getting done with other teams...Really I watched Sportscenter and NFL Total Access today and no deals were discussed that were not announced yesterday or before.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Unfortunately it is more likely Rolle, Bell, and Smith but that is not terrible.

the thought of adding Smith just chaps my ass

WTF ... like there isn't 1 of the 50,000 safeties we already have on the team can't get the job done.

dam

BigChiefFan
03-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, no way we get Rolle, Hartwell, and Bell. I can see Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith though.I just watched an interview that was on 38 the sports spot and they interviewed Smith. He said he wanted to be a Chief. They asked if him he wanted to play corner or safety and he said he just wanted to play. He said the Chiefs were just a few pieces away and he just wanted a chance to show that he can make plays. He said the Chiefs were close in terms of going all the way and he wanted to help us win games.

BigChiefFan
03-06-2005, 12:44 AM
the thought of adding Smith just chaps my ass

WTF ... like there isn't 1 of the 50,000 safeties we already have on the team can't get the job done.

damSmith isn't a bad move. He's a player that can play either CB or safety. If Warfield is suspended or Woods is cut, Smith might prove to be invaluable. He also said he wants to be a Chief and he didn't care what position he played.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Smith isn't a bad move. He's a player that can play either CB or safety. If Warfield is suspended or Woods is cut, Smith might prove to be invaluable. He also said he wants to be a Chief and he didn't care what position he played.
another tweener?

give me a safety ... give a cornerback, stop giving me the guys that are great at either.

Hammock Parties
03-06-2005, 12:48 AM
I don't blame the Chiefs. If they signed a few free agents and most of them got hurt for an extended period of time and we sucked, the fans would be livid.

BigChiefFan
03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
another tweener?

give me a safety ... give a cornerback, stop giving me the guys that are great at either.
He's not a tweener. He's a playmaker. He can actually play safety and he can actually play CB. In the last three years he's averaged 4 picks, not stellar, but solid. We can't afford every premier FA, but Smith definitely has skills. He also isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. I've got no problem with putting the heat on Woods and this move does it.

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
another tweener?

If we sign Smith, it will likely be as a Safety. But his flexibility is an asset. He, unlike Bartee and Battle who seem unable to play either, can play BOTH. Therein lies the difference. :banghead:

splatbass
03-06-2005, 12:53 AM
I don't blame the Chiefs. If they signed a few free agents and most of them got hurt for an extended period of time and we sucked, the fans would be livid.

True. If we sign Rolle or Hartwell and they end up sucking, many of the same people who are screaming to sign them at any cost would be saying how stupid CP was for signing them.. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 12:54 AM
True. If we sign Rolle or Hartwell and they end up sucking, many of the same people who are screaming to sign them at any cost would be saying how stupid CP was for signing them.. :rolleyes:

I understand your sentiments, but many of us are remaining patient for the moment...but the second Rolle and Hartwell sign elsewhere, then all hell is likely to break loose here. :(

milkman
03-06-2005, 01:23 AM
If we sign Smith, it will likely be as a Safety. But his flexibility is an asset. He, unlike Bartee and Battle who seem unable to play either, can play BOTH. Therein lies the difference. :banghead:

How can you judge whether Bartee or Battle can play safety until you've actually seen them attempt to play the position.

I understand the anger towards them.
As corners, they are absolutely putrid.

But that's all we know with any certainty.

Anything else is just speculation, or flat out BS.

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 01:25 AM
How can you judge whether Bartee or Battle can play safety until you've actually seen them attempt to play the position.

Anything else is just speculation, or flat out BS.

I could be wrong, but if they had any real value as Safety....we'd have seen it last year.

I welcome the opportunity to be wrong about this; I just think GR fugged 'em up really good. :shrug:

Logical
03-06-2005, 01:26 AM

Anything else is just speculation, or flat out BS.It is speculation but both were damn fine safeties in college and were very marginal when asked to fill in at CB at Oklahoma and Tennesse. I sure would be willing to give at least Battle the chance.

MyChiefConcern
03-06-2005, 01:31 AM
But I think there's something to be made for the power of assumption. Bartee and Battle are both so horribly bad at safety, that there is a fairly high probability that they both suck at safety as well.

Sure-Oz
03-06-2005, 01:31 AM
I still have hopes.

milkman
03-06-2005, 01:33 AM
It is speculation but both were damn fine safeties in college and were very marginal when asked to fill in at CB at Oklahoma and Tennesse. I sure would be willing to give at least Battle the chance.

Safety is certainly a need, like almost every position out there, but Bartee would have to be Ronnie Lott reincarnated to win over any of the fans in KC at this point in his career.

Battle hasn't yet earned the disdain that Bartee has.

Mr. Kotter
03-06-2005, 01:35 AM
It is speculation but both were damn fine safeties in college and were very marginal when asked to fill in at CB at Oklahoma and Tennesse. I sure would be willing to give at least Battle the chance.

College and Pro safeties are about as different as any position in Football. College safeties can be marginal in coverage, and look good; NFL safeties must not only be vicious in run support, but good in coverage as well--otherwise they are exposed once they "loose a step." It's precisely why wiley veteran CBs, who've bulked up....often make very good safties--even if THEY have lost a step. :hmmm:

Rausch
Safety is certainly a need, like almost every position out there, but Bartee would have to be Ronnie Lott reincarnated to win over any of the fans in KC at this point in his career.

Battle hasn't yet earned the disdain that Bartee has.

Battle hasn't been burned and hasn't shown a 6 year pattern of being unable to make a play on the ball or even know when it's in his area.

Battle's problem is mugging the WR and attracting costly penalties...

MyChiefConcern
He's damn close though. I still haven't managed to figure out how the dude seemed to have more pass interference calls than actual plays on the field.

blackhawk
03-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Chiefs | Issues with Rolle's Health - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:27:31 -0800

According to the Kansas City Star, the Kansas City Chiefs have lingering concerns about free agent CB Samari Rolle's (Titans) health. A spinal condition may prevent the Chiefs from signing him. Rolle has a narrowing of the spinal column, which the team discovered during a routine physical during his visit. It appears a deal is still possible and the parties are negotiating, but the team also appears more hesitant to complete a deal at this time. Another factor involved in the situation is Rolle's arrest in February for domestic assault; if convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of a year in jail.