PDA

View Full Version : Hartwell Speaks

oaklandhater
03-06-2005, 04:08 AM
From OPSugadaddy7

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/news_details.html?iid=2665

With linebacker Jeremiah Trotter re-signing in Philadelphia, Hartwell has moved to the forefront of the linebackers available in free agency.

Playing alongside linebacker Ray Lewis, Hartwell hasn’t received the recognition he deserves by the media, but he’s managed to make a name for himself within the league. Hartwell posted 55 solo tackles and 41 assists in 2004. In 2003, he finished 2nd on the team with 140 tackles and led the team with 191 tackles in 2002. A 4th round draft pick in 2001, Hartwell owns 230 solo tackles, 107 assists, 6 sacks, 1 interception, and 7 passes defensed.

“As far as production, if you are on the other side of the ball and you are playing the Ravens, you know #56,” Hartwell claimed. “You know he’s going to come down and hit you in the mouth and make a lot of plays. You get that from talking to other players in the league who play on other teams that you play. They’ll definitely tell you when they play the Ravens, they definitely account for me.”

Hartwell visited with Kansas City before his stop in Arizona and said he’s looking for a home where he can make a big splash.

“My goal in life is to be the greatest linebacker ever in this game," stated Hartwell. "I’m not shy about saying that.

“So it just depends on what type of scheme and how the coaches feel about you coming in as a leader because that’s who I am,” explained Hartwell as to what he’s looking for. “They say all great leaders can follow. I followed for four years and now it’s time for me to lead.”

stumppy
03-06-2005, 04:12 AM
I can't think of anyplace he could make a bigger splash than here.

FloridaChief
03-06-2005, 04:12 AM
“My goal in life is to be the greatest linebacker ever in this game," stated Hartwell. "I’m not shy about saying that.

Then do it, Mo-fo. Talk is cheap. Come to KC and be the best LB to ever play the game, damnit...

oaklandhater
03-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Then do it, Mo-fo. Talk is cheap. Come to KC and be the best LB to ever play the game, damnit...

I dont think he is going to be Signed Tell we get Rolle or surtain

mikey23545
03-06-2005, 05:37 AM

You really don't translate ego-speak very well.

"I want to be the best linebacker to ever play the game." = "I want to make more money than any linebacker ever."

teedubya
03-06-2005, 06:00 AM
He is young too... I like that.

Skip Towne
03-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey, look, another Willie Lanier.

blackhawk
03-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Cardinals | Hartwell Visits Team - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:10:40 -0800

AZCardinals.com reports free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens) visited the Arizona Cardinals Saturday, March 5.

tomahawk kid
03-06-2005, 07:52 AM
If he wants to make an impact or "splash" on a competitive team, he'll come to KC.

If he wants the $, he'll go to the highest bidder.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2005, 08:02 AM
If he wants to make an impact or "splash" on a competitive team, he'll come to KC.

If he wants the $, he'll go to the highest bidder.

I dunno... if you're comparing KC and AZ in the competitive aspect, there was only 1 win difference between the two in 2004.

Ultra Peanut
03-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Talk is cheap. So is Carl.
:banghead:

StcChief
03-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I dunno... if you're comparing KC and AZ in the competitive aspect, there was only 1 win difference between the two in 2004.

But it's the Cardinals and scum owner Bill Bidwell. Please.
W-L don't mean much in a year. NFCW very weak division.

Hartwell would make a bigger impact with an overall much better team in KC. I don't have homer glasses on.

tomahawk kid
03-06-2005, 08:34 AM

True.

But KC is a year removed from going 13-3 and winning the division.

AZ can't say the same.

tiptap
03-06-2005, 08:45 AM
True.

But KC is a year removed from going 13-3 and winning the division.

AZ can't say the same.

More importantly, the Chiefs and Ravens have played each other for the last two years and he knows the caliber of play on the offensive side of the ball. He hasn't seen the Cardinal team.

paulgkc
03-06-2005, 08:45 AM
KC still has one of best offenses in the NFL and suffers from a crappy defense. Arizona is mediocre in both areas. Big difference.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2005, 09:06 AM
It doesn't matter what KC is a year (or now 2) removed from doing. Fact is AZ was 2 games from winning the division at 8-8. That division does blow, so the slightest improvements could likely go further with AZ in that division vs KC in the AFCW.

4th and Long
03-06-2005, 09:18 AM
It doesn't matter what KC is a year (or now 2) removed from doing. Fact is AZ was 2 games from winning the division at 8-8. That division does blow, so the slightest improvements could likely go further with AZ in that division vs KC in the AFCW.
True enough but from the standpoint of winning it all, who wants to play for a teams that might make it to the playoffs, only to have their asses handed to them, first game out of the bucket?

Baby Lee
03-06-2005, 09:28 AM
True enough but from the standpoint of winning it all, who wants to play for a teams that might make it to the playoffs, only to have their asses handed to them, first game out of the bucket?
Whose side are you on????

LiL stumppy
03-06-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm kinda tired of these stupid threads.People saying we almost have signed someone then it never happens or they sign with someone else.We will see in a few days if Hartwell wants the money or if he wants to play on a good team that has a chance.

PastorMikH
03-06-2005, 10:04 AM
SIGN THIS GUY CARL!!!!!

Mile High Mania
03-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Are you suggesting KC is a team that can win in R1?

Bowser
03-06-2005, 10:07 AM

Yeah, didn't think you would let a softball down the middle get past you.......

:shake:

PastorMikH
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM

How many playoff wins does Denver have without Elway? For that matter, when's the last time they won a playoff game without cheating the salary cap to do it?

morphius
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Sadly I have to kind of agree with Mile High, they finally spent money on a coach, they have a very talented young WR core in place and it is close to his home. I'm sure he thinks we are the better team, or else he wouldn't have come here first, but still, for a couple million it might seem logical to try AZ.

What a sad state we are in.

keg in kc
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
They're building new facilities, as well.

People don't talk much about that, but our facilities are really crap compared to the rest of the league.

morphius
03-06-2005, 10:11 AM
R1 yes, starting in R2 always makes it harder.

tomahawk kid
03-06-2005, 10:15 AM
They're building new facilities, as well.

People don't talk much about that, but our facilities are really crap compared to the rest of the league.

That's for sure.

Although I'm expecting the new Stadium tax, in whatever form, to be passed in Jackson County come August.

They were the only county to pass BiState II.

4th and Long
03-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I am.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2005, 10:17 AM
How many playoff wins does Denver have without Elway? For that matter, when's the last time they won a playoff game without cheating the salary cap to do it?

Cool, another softball... "You're DEFLECTING"

We're not talking about Denver, sir. :p

But, I can ask ... how many playoff games has KC won since Montana? Since 1970, KC has won 3 playoff games... 2 with Montana. I realize why he's held in such high regard by KC fans.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2005, 10:19 AM
I am.

Interesting... Clinton was in year 1 of his first term the last time that happened, right?

4th and Long
03-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Interesting... Clinton was in year 1 of his first term the last time that happened, right?
Let me rephrase. With the proper additions to defense, Hartwell, Rolle, etc., the Chiefs can get past round 1. However, if Carl fails us yet again, we're toast.

Happy now? Damn Donkey fans anyway ...

:p

morphius
03-06-2005, 10:23 AM
That's for sure.

Although I'm expecting the new Stadium tax, in whatever form, to be passed in Jackson County come August.

They were the only county to pass BiState II.
Of course they were, it was a win-win for them. If bi-state II would have passed the rest of the ciy would have been sharing the burden that they have mismanaged.