PDA

View Full Version : Where do they get there info??????

Big Chief Homer
03-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Ive seen alot of articles lately.And most are from other sites,reporters,and or radio personalities.

my question is where do these guys get their info from?do they have a mole inside 1 arrowhead drive,do the chiefs have a secretary or someone who has a big mouth or do they just pull this sh*t out of their asses?

My problem is how do they know how much is on the table for a specific player? 13.5 mil offered to rolle,8 to 9 mil offered to hartwell.

come on these guys are so full of crap its mind boggling.how would rinky
dink sites like warpaint and profootball get that info.theyre driving me nuts with that crap.the only ones who know that stuff are the agents,
players and front office.and anything coming out of their mouths right now is pure B.S

until a contract is signed and made public,'ll believe it when i see it.

sorry for the rant.

Phobia
03-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Most of the "leaks" are from the agent side of the table. They're trying to drive up their client's price.

Anyong Bluth
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
or if you know certain team doctors that go over the med reports and are asked their opinion in regard to worth vs cost... a few years back (think early mid 90's) my dad's bud was privy to that info but he wasn't going on the internet with it, so it was interesting to hear it that way.

Big Chief Homer
03-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Most of the "leaks" are from the agent side of the table. They're trying to drive up their client's price.

thats what i was thinking.but you cant take that to heart either.I mean why would say the chiefs put out they offered rolle 13.5 mil to have someone else jump it up top 14 mil.and vice versa.you cant tell me a agent is being truethful with another team."hey the chiefs offered us,4 mil.how about giving us 15"

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I used to run NFLScoop.com, which The Bad Guy was one of my Sr. Writers and so was another gentleman who posts on this board.

When we got info from the Chiefs it was from:

Gunther
Bob Moore
A nice guy named Adam in PR (he no longer works there)

A lot of the times the leaks come from GMs too. Case in point, anytime you hear Chris Mortenson report something about the Chiefs odds are it came straight from Carl Peterson. Those two have a dynamic relationship.

Players are another source of information. Especially veteran players at the end of their careers.

Big Chief Homer
03-06-2005, 04:09 PM
great info marty

thanks for the insight :thumb: