PDA

View Full Version : What's your method?

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:09 AM
How do (or did) you woo women back in the day?
Women can tell stories about how their men wooed them, but I dont really care how they woo men, cuz it aint that hard.

My method:
1. Patience: The more they get to know me, the more they like me.
2. Persistence: I don't know why it works.
3. Laughter: It is a critical element. I like laughing and if she doesn't than she won't really like me. If she does, it works in my favor.

luv
03-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Women can tell stories about how their men wooed them, but I dont really care how they woo men, cuz it aint that hard.

My method:
3. Laughter: It is a critical element. I like laughing and if she doesn't than she won't really like me. If she does, it works in my favor.

Wow. Impressive.

Patience is always good.
Persistance. Sometimes a woman likes to be "chased". Kind of makes them feel special. To think that a guy thinks they are worth it.
Laughter. Rates higher than number 3. Well, it should.

Just tie it together with sincerity, and you shouldn't do half bad.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Wow. Impressive.

Patience is always good.
Persistance. Sometimes a woman likes to be "chased". Kind of makes them feel special. To think that a guy thinks they are worth it.
Laughter. Rates higher than number 3. Well, it should.

Just tie it together with sincerity, and you shouldn't do half bad.
I thought sincerity is assumed?

Miles
03-07-2005, 02:16 AM
George: What's the difference? You know they way I work, I'm like a commercial jingle. First it's a little irritating, then you hear it a few times, you hum it in the shower, by the third date it's "By Mennen!".

Jerry: How do you make sure your gonna get to the third date?

George: If there's any doubt, I do a leave-behind keys, glove, scarf, I go back to her place to pick it up...date number three.

luv
03-07-2005, 02:17 AM
I thought sincerity is assumed?

Unfortunately, many guys are onto your method. Most (most I've met anyway) only use the method because they think it will get them somewhere. Women can usually see through it though.

chiefsfolife
03-07-2005, 02:17 AM
flop out my huge thang and tellem to suck it or get da fu#ck outta here

luv
03-07-2005, 02:19 AM
George: What's the difference? You know they way I work, I'm like a commercial jingle. First it's a little irritating, then you hear it a few times, you hum it in the shower, by the third date it's "By Mennen!".

Jerry: How do you make sure your gonna get to the third date?

George: If there's any doubt, I do a leave-behind keys, glove, scarf, I go back to her place to pick it up...date number three.

Making inside the place by the second date. . .hmmm. . .i think the chances of a third date aren't too bad. . .lol.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately, many guys are onto your method. Most (most I've met anyway) only use the method because they think it will get them somewhere. Women can usually see through it though.
Yeah... its like my catchphrases.
People see the success and seek to immitate it to better themselves... :shake: Sincerity was an assumed component.
That and pleasure delay.... Not until i have at least a commitment to exclusivity do they even get the chance. :harumph:

luv
03-07-2005, 02:20 AM

Not fair, they can't suck it if they can't find it. Or if they're too busy laughing.

chiefsfolife
03-07-2005, 02:22 AM
i heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend..

luv
03-07-2005, 02:24 AM
Yeah... its like my catchphrases.
People see the success and seek to immitate it to better themselves... :shake: Sincerity was an assumed component.
That and pleasure delay.... Not until i have at least a commitment to exclusivity do they even get the chance. :harumph:

Okay, gentlemen.. . .anyone like this around 30 yrs old in SW MO?

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:34 AM

My method:
So whats the follow up to this?
HAHAHA you will all laugh now....
When in a serious relationship, I:
1. Play for keeps, not fun. (Dont turn this into a marriage thread.)
a. Try to get to know the person on their deepest level.
b. Allow them to get to know me on mine.
c. Make sure the two don't conflict too deeply. (ie. Won't create unbearable amounts of tension.)

What do you do?

Psst... I am a naive college student..... IN CASE YOU HADNT FIGURED IT OUT YET!

SBK
03-07-2005, 02:35 AM

Not me, I tell her to shutup and make me a sammich. If she does, then she's a keeper.

luv
03-07-2005, 02:41 AM
c. Make sure the two don't conflict too deeply. (ie. Won't create unbearable amounts of tension.)

What do you do?

Psst... I am a naive college student..... IN CASE YOU HADNT FIGURED IT OUT YET!

Are you polling people for a human relations class? j/k

Haven't made it to the "serious" relationship stage myself. Don't think I can give you any views there. I would say try not to overanalyze, but, like I said, I'm the last one to know anything on the subject.

luv
03-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Not me, I tell her to shutup and make me a sammich. If she does, then she's a keeper.

Would you like a beer to go with that snookums? ROFL

TheNextStep
03-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Some people play hard to get. I play hard to want.

It works for me.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
I drive around their house, refusing to go in.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
I drive around their house, refusing to go in.
are you sure they arent refusing to let you in?

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 02:49 AM
are you sure they arent refusing to let you in?

I never asked to be let in.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:50 AM
let me rephrase... are they locking the seven locks on their door and all their windows while you are driving?

luv
03-07-2005, 02:50 AM

Never get anywhere if you don't try.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 02:51 AM
let me rephrase... are they locking the seven locks on their door and all their windows while you are driving?

Just shut up already.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Never get anywhere if you don't try.

That is the truth...I have never been one for trying too hard.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Just shut up already.
They aren't exactly saying, "HK-47 is ready to serve, master," then?

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 02:58 AM
They aren't exactly saying, "HK-47 is ready to serve, master," then?

Well, no, not exactly. The last time I asked a girl out was about 2 years ago, and she said yes.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Well, not, not exactly. The last time I asked a girl out was about 2 years ago, and she said yes.
Rep for being a good sport...

luv
03-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Well, not, not exactly. The last time I asked a girl out was about 2 years ago, and she said yes.

AND. . .???

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:02 AM
AND. . .???
yeah, lets hear the story.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 03:03 AM
I gave her my number and never heard from her. :shrug:

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:04 AM
I gave her my number and never heard from her. :shrug:
So youve since given up?

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 03:06 AM
So youve since given up?

Given up on her or women in general?

luv
03-07-2005, 03:06 AM
So youve since given up?

Fate can only do so much, sometimes you've got to give her a hand.

Quoting a movie, but I can't think of which one. GRRRRRRRR :banghead:

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Given up on her or women in general?
you havent pursued any other women?

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:08 AM

hahahahaha.....
O... it hurts. Just because that quote so defies what I'm going through right now.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 03:08 AM
you havent pursued any other women?

No, I have not.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:09 AM
No, I have not.
quitter....
jk.

luv
03-07-2005, 03:10 AM
hahahahaha.....
O... it hurts. Just because that quote so defies what I'm going through right now.

Okay, gonna need details from you now.

luv
03-07-2005, 03:11 AM
No, I have not.

Why not? There's someone out there for everyone. At least I hope so. Unless you just want to stay single, which is perfectly respectable.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Okay, gonna need details from you now.
Welllllll.... since you asked.
I have been pursuing a girl lately... who evidently doesn't want to be in a relationship soon. However, I am most intrigued by her, so we are "dating" nonexclusively. The snag is that I HATE IT. However, patience has unfolded for me well in the past, and I am thinking it may again. Just dislike the "friends with benefits" thing.

luv
03-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Welllllll.... since you asked.
I have been pursuing a girl lately... who evidently doesn't want to be in a relationship soon. However, I am most intrigued by her, so we are "dating" nonexclusively. The snag is that I HATE IT. However, patience has unfolded for me well in the past, and I am thinking it may again. Just dislike the "friends with benefits" thing.

Some people take advantage of other people's patience. Tread lightly. Trust me, I tend to get walked all over.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2005, 03:16 AM
Why not?

Zero opportunities. And I'm too lazy to create them.

Miles
03-07-2005, 03:17 AM

Im usually pretty good with movie quotes but i suspect this ones from something id have to be forced to see.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:17 AM
Some people take advantage of other people's patience. Tread lightly. Trust me, I tend to get walked all over.
I dunno... is romance like poker, or is that just me?

See, if it was poker, I might consider calling a bluff. But, desire clouds perception. :shrug: I could also offer a counter semi-bluff, but that just seems mean.

luv
03-07-2005, 03:20 AM
I dunno... is romance like poker, or is that just me?

See, if it was poker, I might consider calling a bluff. But, desire clouds perception. :shrug: I could also offer a counter semi-bluff, but that just seems mean.

I think there is one word that might be used to describe both of us. . .

overthinker

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:20 AM
I think there is one word that might be used to describe both of us. . .

overthinker
yep. But that's because Im a worrier.

luv
03-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Im usually pretty good with movie quotes but i suspect this ones from something id have to be forced to see.

I had forgotten about that post already. . .thanks for reminding me :banghead:

luv
03-07-2005, 03:22 AM
yep. But that's because Im a worrier.

Not so much a worrier here per say, but more of a "planner".

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Not so much a worrier here per say, but more of a "planner".
I always have to be careful not to get too far ahead of myself

KC Jones
03-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Method?

Smile a lot and start a conversation about anything handy. IIRC there were bonus points for noticing something about their outfit - jewelry or shoes especially. I'm not sure I ever had a consious methodology for flirting. You should get some immediate feedback from the girl you're chatting up whether or not she's interested and just how interested she is. (you should also be able to get some quick feedback about whether she's available tonight).

I would think relying on a set method (or lines) would come across as insincere and fairly stiff.

As for a long term relationship - there's plenty of time to sort that kind of compatability out by just being yourselves and being together.

ROYC75
03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Skip once informed me that all he had to do was knock'em in the head with a club and drag them by the hair back to his cave.

CosmicPal
03-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Skip once informed me that all he had to do was knock'em in the head with a club and drag them by the hair back to his cave.

ROFL

CosmicPal
03-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Just show some sincere interest in them, be a little bit charming, confident, and funny- and you will score more times then others.

Clint in Wichita
03-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Just show some sincere interest in them, be a little bit charming, confident, and funny- and you will score more times then others.

Yeah, and be sure to select the right smilie for the occasion!

Ebolapox
03-07-2005, 10:06 AM

my fiance hates it when I say 'this d*ck ain't gonna suck itself'

ROFL

-EB-

Donger
03-07-2005, 11:19 AM
my fiance hates it when I say 'this d*ck ain't gonna suck itself'

ROFL

-EB-

Not without a Craftmatic adjustable bed, no.

CosmicPal
03-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I just buy her shots until she thinks I'm funny.

A few shots and she might think you're funny. A LOT of shots, and she might think you look good enough to take home.

:D

Gaz
03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Just show ‘em the slide rule.

Engineers are chick magnets.

xoxo~
Gaz
Seldom had to resort to the pocket protector.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I favor the "avoid them altogether" approach. One divorce was enough, thank you very much.

MOhillbilly
03-07-2005, 11:24 AM
GHB

Phobia
03-07-2005, 11:41 AM
My method? Get married. They'll start falling all over themselves for you then.

Chicks dig me. I can't explain why. I'm not what anybody would consider a hottie. I'm kinda husky and I have a large head. But, I'm loud and obnoxious. Which they may be mistaking for confidence.... Heh.

Seriously, just be yourself unless yourself sucks. Then you should be me. Lot's of guys swear by the asshole factor. I think that's dumb. There's some middle ground between "asshole" and "nice guy who gets walked on". But chicks really can smell desperation. If you're desperate, I could coach you for a month, spend $10k on clothes, shoes, haircut, and products and you still aren't getting anything. Desperate doesn't fly with anybody. Fat chicks even hate desperate dudes.

morphius
03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Shoot, I wouldn't even know where to start, I haven't had to put any effort into picking up girls. Of course being with my wife since I was 16 might have something to do with that, LOL!

Since that point all the women that have liked me have come after me, no effort on my part at all.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
You should ask roy17 ... he's got that chick thing all worked out.

MM
~~;)

phisherman
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
god, this thread reminds me of college...

you hit the bars and chicks aren't interested at all, get a girlfriend and that s**t all changes...
girls sitting on your lap or constantly hugging you when they run into you..

these things didn't happen when i was single and all of a sudden, tada!
:banghead:

women! who knows?

bp

CosmicPal
03-07-2005, 11:55 AM
get a girlfriend and that s**t all changes...
girls sitting on your lap or constantly hugging you when they run into you..

bp

They don't necessarily have to be girlfriends. I've had quite a few "friends with benefits" situations where I've had some hot females who were "friends" I was always getting hit on by other women when I'd hit the bar with my female friends.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Shoot, I wouldn't even know where to startYou and me both. If I ever decide to come out of this hermit stage (I won't), I wouldn't have a clue about how to woo a chick. It's been eight years since I had to worry about it (6 dating, 2 married), and life as a 23 year old probably doesn't translate well to my early 30s. Back then it was basically 'get drunk and let them come to me'. And all this shit to worry about, too. Chicks my age come with baggage, divorces, kids. *shudder* Not to mention my own issues. Just not worth the trouble right now. Hard enough getting myself going in the right direction, without worrying about anybody else.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey, that's still what I do.That's 'cause you're still a whippersnapper.

Otter
03-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm kinda husky and I have a large head.

Big heads just scream 'good provider'. Chicks dig them.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:02 PM
That's always good to hear.Enjoy it while you can. With each passing day, 30 looms closer.

Fire Me Boy!
03-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Most importantly, be yourself... a relationship won't work in the long term (whether that's serious dating, marriage, or sport f***ing) if you're not yourself...

Now, I've said before that I'm a bit of an a-hole when it comes to dating. My goal for a first date is for it to be the most memorable date the girl has ever been on and WILL EVER be on. That way, even if the relationship doesn't work out, every guy after me will be judged by my standard.

And it's worked so far... one girl I was with for three years, one for one year, and the last one I'm now married to, just over two years. And without exception, they've all said afterwards (I have pretty good relationships with them all) that our first date was the best they'd ever had.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Some of my drinking buddies have already hit it. Most of the remaining ones will hit it before I do.

I like to be the youngest, most immature of the group.30s funny. It seems so far away, then all of a sudden *wham*, you're there.

Actually, I don't feel any different at 31 than I did in my 20s. 40 is what scares me. Although at this point I'd be happy to live that long, after the way I trashed myself in my 20s. The only real change at 30 was psychological. "Oh shit, I'm 30, I need to exercise and eat better so I don't fall over dead next week".

That lasted like...four or five days.

Phobia
03-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Chicks my age come with baggage, divorces, kids. *shudder*

That's not necessarily true. I got pink when she was 28. She didn't have any baggage until she met me.

Fire Me Boy!
03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
You should ask roy17 ... he's got that chick thing all worked out.

MM
~~;)
Has it already been three weeks since he went to see his girlfriend for three weeks?

Gaz
03-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Enjoy it while you can. With each passing day, 30 looms closer.

I cannot adequately convey just how much you young punks suck.

xoxo~
Gaz
Looking down the bore of 50.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
That's not necessarily true. I got pink when she was 28. She didn't have any baggage until she met me.Well, you know me...optimism isn't a strong suit. My biggest problem is that I attract women like my ex, and I don't have any desire to put myself through that again.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, you know me...optimism isn't a strong suit. My biggest problem is that I attract women like my ex, and I don't have any desire to put myself through that again.

I have a sister who is not divorced, nor does she have kids. I'm sure you two would make a great couple ...

MM
~~:D

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I cannot adequately convey just how much you young punks suck.

xoxo~
Gaz
Looking down the bore of 50.
Sorry, gramps.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Is she built like you? You're just trying to set up some "number 10" wedding photos, aren't you?Two slaps with one swing. Well done.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Is she built like you? You're just trying to set up some "number 10" wedding photos, aren't you?

Actually, she's the exact opposite of me.

MM
~~:)

Phobia
03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Actually, she's the exact opposite of me.

MM

Awesome!!!

Shit.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 12:21 PM
She stole all your food when you two were growing up, eh? It all makes sense now...

Pretty much ...

and I guess telling keg that she's 35, works at Blockbuster and still lives with my folks isn't exactly a selling point.

I guess I should just accept that fact that she'll die alone.

MM
~~:sulk:

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't think I've mentioned it to anyone here, but I'm actually about 30 pounds lighter than I was when I split from the demon. Not bad for a year. I'm going to lose that much again in 2005, so get your fat jokes in now, while you still can.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Pretty much ...

and I guess telling keg that she's 35, works at Blockbuster and still lives with my folks isn't exactly a selling point.Dude, she could be a 25-year old, wealthy nymphomaniac built like Laetitia Casta and you still couldn't sell me. I mean, she's from the same gene pool as you for crissakes...I guess I should just accept that fact that she'll die alone.Sometimes that's the way the cards fall. I know I'll die alone, it used to bother me. It doesn't now, because I know I'm stronger alone right now than I've ever been in a couple. :shrug:

Mark M
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
So, uh, one day she'll probably get the house? (Just trying to find positives.)

Actually, I'll be getting it.

I'll charge charge reasonable rent, though ... :D

Dude, she could be a 25-year old, wealthy nymphomaniac built like Laetitia Casta and you still couldn't sell me. I mean, she's from the same gene pool as you for crissakes...

Hey, if want to die alone and severely chaffed, that's your choice.

MM
~~:p

Phobia
03-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Sometimes that's the way the cards fall. I know I'll die alone, it used to bother me. It doesn't now, because I know I'm stronger alone right now than I've ever been in a couple. :shrug:

I swear we're gonna make a support forum for gochiefs, you, and a couple of our other jilted bachelors.... The posts are becoming interchangeable. ;)

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:31 PM
This post reminds me of a scene from "Family Bonds". One dude on the show was rather hefty, and the main guy on the show liked to bust his balls about it. Led to this exchange...

"Always with the fat jokes. What are you gonna talk about when I lose the weight?"
"I'll talk about how you used to be fat."That show was like a car wreck. I just couldn't turn it off.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:32 PM
I swear we're gonna make a support forum for gochiefs, you, and a couple of our other jilted bachelors.... The posts are becoming interchangeable. Hey now, I've actually had sex. And I'm a bachelor by choice, not a victim of genetics.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
*shudder*

Donger
03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
I've always known that I'm going to die on an airplane. Not having a heart attack or anything, but slamming into the ground at 500 mph.

Gaz
03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I am a married man. I do not woo anymore.

I just buy her jewelry.

xoxo~
Gaz
Found the quickest path to Mrs. Gaz’s heart.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 12:51 PM
I've always known that I'm going to die on an airplane. Not having a heart attack or anything, but slamming into the ground at 500 mph.

I know when I'm going to die ...

my birth certificate has an expiration date.

MM
~~;)

Donger
03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
You're a really bad pilot, huh?

I stopped piloting aircraft when I was 17. Not of my own volition, mind you.

go bo
03-07-2005, 01:22 PM

What do you do?

Psst... I am a naive college student..... IN CASE YOU HADNT FIGURED IT OUT YET!what? they have colleges in montana?

i thought it was all mountains, elk and buffalo...

and bwana, of course...

just kidding about the buffalo...

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 01:25 PM
what? they have colleges in montana?

i thought it was all mountains, elk and buffalo...

and bwana, of course...

just kidding about the buffalo...
we have buffalo, and buffalo hunting.... kind of.... :shrug:

Look at eastern montana before you go talking about elk and mountains and whatnot tho. *Happy Resident of Western Montana*

go bo
03-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, and be sure to select the right smilie for the occasion!hey, what have you got against smilies,anyway?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/jump.gif

go bo
03-07-2005, 01:31 PM
we have buffalo, and buffalo hunting.... kind of.... :shrug:

Look at eastern montana before you go talking about elk and mountains and whatnot tho. *Happy Resident of Western Montana*east montana and west montana?

i mean, i know western states are big and all, but two monatanas?

wow... :p :p :p

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 01:32 PM
east montana and west montana?

i mean, i know western states are big and all, but two monatanas?

wow... :p :p :p
They almost should be two different states.

go bo
03-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Most importantly, be yourself... a relationship won't work in the long term (whether that's serious dating, marriage, or sport f***ing) if you're not yourself...

Now, I've said before that I'm a bit of an a-hole when it comes to dating. My goal for a first date is for it to be the most memorable date the girl has ever been on and WILL EVER be on. That way, even if the relationship doesn't work out, every guy after me will be judged by my standard.

And it's worked so far... one girl I was with for three years, one for one year, and the last one I'm now married to, just over two years. And without exception, they've all said afterwards (I have pretty good relationships with them all) that our first date was the best they'd ever had.what, have you got one of those frog tongues or something?

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 01:43 PM

And it's worked so far... one girl I was with for three years, one for one year, and the last one I'm now married to, just over two years. And without exception, they've all said afterwards (I have pretty good relationships with them all) that our first date was the best they'd ever had.
Its brilliant. I will apply this next time. Assuming there is a next time.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Make her feel special. Let her supersize her fries.
I may like my girls to have hips, but you take it to a whole new extreme End.

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Compliments !Compliments !-Compliments! that's like crack for women, but not enough that you sound like a kiss ass though.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah? How many women that I've f*cked have you met?
Geez... just a reminder to everyone here: Never get ENDelt shit. Sure he can deal it out, but he can't take it. :rolleyes: Get over it End. I was just pulling some very old crossthread humor and you go and take it super personally. If I insulted you, Im sorry. Really, just teasing. And if youre still pissed after my apology, you can go **** yourself.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Geez... just a reminder to everyone here: Never get ENDelt shit. Sure he can deal it out, but he can't take it. :rolleyes: Get over it End. I was just pulling some very old crossthread humor and you go and take it super personally. If I insulted you, Im sorry. Really, just teasing. And if youre still pissed after my apology, you can go **** yourself.

Geez ... just a reminder to everyone here: Never get Nightfyre sarcasm. Sure he can deal it out, but he can't see it himself.

Sheesh ...

MM
~~:shake:

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Geez ... just a reminder to everyone here: Never get Nightfyre sarcasm. Sure he can deal it out, but he can't see it himself.

Sheesh ...

MM
~~:shake:Seriously.

I mean, all he needed to say was "Yeah, well, how many women that you've ****ed would anybody want to remember meeting?"

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Sheesh ...

MM
~~:shake:
Just a reminder to everyone here: Sarcasm doesn't translate into text well.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
It was comical in that run-on whiney sense.

Katipan
03-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Find out what the target needs.
Become what it needs.
Reveal true self during divorce proceedings.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Find out what the target needs.
Become what it needs.
Reveal true self during divorce proceedings.Okay, who let my ex-wife on the board.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I found the response he gave much funnier.

Course, I don't think he intended it that way... but, I laughed all the same.
Why was it so humorous? Did you scoff at an apology? If you did, you're more egotistical than I thought. Here I apologized for a misunderstanding and you mock me? If thats the case, You are nothing but an immature child End. :shake:

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:12 PM
You're just now figuring this out? Seriously. It's taken him a year to get that?

Mark M
03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Just a reminder to everyone here: Sarcasm doesn't translate into text well.

Let's consider a few things:

1. ENDelt is notorious for being a smartass.
2. If something can be considered sarcasm on this board, it probably is.
3. See number 1.

Just a reminder to everyone here whose name is Nightfyre: Please change your tampon.

MM
~~nlm

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Let's consider a few things:

1. ENDelt is notorious for being a smartass.
2. If something can be considered sarcasm on this board, it probably is.
3. See number 1.

Just a reminder to everyone here whose name is Nightfyre: Please change your tampon.

MM
~~nlm
I am not being moody. Just reasonable in my own mind. Look at it this way:
1) Nightfyre Cracks Joke
2) Nightfyre interprets End's response to be one of personal defense
3) Nightfyre Apologizes
4) End forsakes apology with laughter
At stage 5 does Nightfyre not hold up the right to be upset at this seeming scoff at his attempt to make amends?

Mark M
03-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I am not being moody. Just reasonable in my own mind. Look at it this way:
1) Nightfyre Cracks Joke
2) Nightfyre interprets End's response to be one of personal defense
3) Nightfyre Apologizes
4) End forsakes apology with laughter
At stage 5 does Nightfyre not hold up the right to be upset at this seeming scoff at his attempt to make amends?

Actually, stage five should be:
5.) Nightfyre realizes that this is an INTERNET BULLETIN BOARD and gets over it.

Seriously -- who gives a **** if he laughed at an apology. Get over it. It's the Internet, not an episode of "The Real World."

MM
~~:shrug:

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Hey, believe you have whatever right you want. Just know you're holding yourself up for further ridicule in the process.
You know End, pride is one of the seven deadly sins...

Phobia
03-07-2005, 02:25 PM
You know End, pride is one of the seven deadly sins...

Dude, shut up. You've be hard pressed to piss off Brian out here. Same with me. If I'm laughing at your apology, it's because I didn't feel an apology was warranted. Brian didn't think he deserved an apology, so he's laughing - just as he's been doing the entire thread.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh shit, you f*ck broad broads?

Katipan
03-07-2005, 02:27 PM
ahahahahah End ****s fat girls.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Me pokin' fat broads is one of the longer running bits on this place...

Really?

Have you met my sister ... ?

MM
~~;)

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:30 PM
I wonder if my sisters talk about me like that? :hmmm:

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Prolly.

Nightfyre
Dude, shut up. You've be hard pressed to piss off Brian out here. Same with me.
I suppose I go out of my way to piss people off? :rolleyes: Yeah, well whatever Ive done to piss you and Brian off, I assure you its purely internal. First off because I havent said anything to you. Secondly because I have not "attacked" anyone with malicious intent. At any rate, Im over it.

Donger
You're just now figuring this out? You really haven't paid any attention to my posts in the past, have you?

ROFL

Phobia
I wonder if my sisters talk about me like that? :hmmm:

Probably not. Unless you live with your mom and work at Blockbuster....

Phobia
03-07-2005, 02:32 PM
I suppose I go out of my way to piss people off? :rolleyes: Yeah, well whatever Ive done to piss you and Brian off, I assure you its purely internal. First off because I havent said anything to you. Secondly because I have not "attacked" anyone with malicious intent. At any rate, Im over it.

I accept your apology, but I swear if you ever do it again I won't get pissed then either. Jeesh.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
There's an added humor in his repeated classification of that post as an apology. Looks more like he's calling me a crybaby, with an insincere "soorrrr--eee!" tossed in.

What I found humorous was the suggestion that he could seriously get under my skin with his lame ass joke. Me pokin' fat broads is one of the longer running bits on this place... but, today, out of nowhere I'm gonna lose it? ROFL
Then you misinterpret my post. I am a sincere person. Really, I was telling you not to take what I said personally. FWIW, even on an INTERNET BULLETIN BOARD, you are still talking to people. I am one to respect people in any environment.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Probably not. Unless you live with your mom and work at Blockbuster....Well, I don't live at home, but she's got one more steady job than I do. I'm sure I get the 'slacker' tag from my sisters, since I'm about as ambivalent about ever having a "career" as a person can be.

Phobia
03-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm leaving this thread. For real this time. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea....

Iowanian
03-07-2005, 02:36 PM
2 simple things.

1. Treat a queen like a whore and a whore like a queen and rule them both

2. Lay them right the first time, and like Tile..you can walk on them until you're ready to move

Mark M
03-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Probably not. Unless you live with your mom and work at Blockbuster....

ROFL

My sister is sweet and all ... I just wish she'd do something with her life instead of blaming everyone else for her stupidity.

MM

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm leaving this thread. For real this time. Don't tease us like that.

Donger
03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I am one to respect people in any environment.

How old are you?

ROYC75
03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm leaving this thread. For real this time. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea....

Watta puss ..... :rolleyes:

Mark M
03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
FWIW, even on an INTERNET BULLETIN BOARD, you are still talking to people. I am one to respect people in any environment.

I respect those who deserve it ... the rest I mock relentlessly.

I think you can do the math.

MM

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:40 PM

MM
~~:pShut up, assface.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 02:41 PM

MM
Please... there are no numbers here! How am I to do the math?

But seriously, my take on respect is that everyone deserves it, even if I disagree with them or find them to be morons. Maybe Im just a naive idealist, though...

SPchief
03-07-2005, 02:48 PM

Dont come back until Rich Scanlon is starting at MLB

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Dont come back until Rich Scanlon is starting at MLBI wish that was funny.