PDA

View Full Version : Smoot still on the market

DenverChief
03-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Do we take a run at him or is everybody content with a Hartwell/Bell signing and a Rookie CB? Or possibly a Surtain trade?

tomahawk kid
03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Dicklick said they have no intentions of bringing in Fred Smoot as of last week.

Apparently, we need to stick with Bartee and McCleon at cornner.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm biased, since I hate Smoot, but I'm raising this question neutrally:

we're not the only team not looking at him. nobody is. why?

Digital Takawira
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
YES

Digital Takawira
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
did smoot run over your dog when you were a kid or something? the guy is freaking good.

DenverChief
03-07-2005, 03:19 PM

good question...maybe his demands are too high....that could be a negotiation point with whomever does bring him in

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
the guy is freaking good.That's nice.

I asked a serious question: why have no teams contacted him, and why hasn't he visited anywhere?

DenverChief
03-07-2005, 03:28 PM
good question...maybe his demands are too high....that could be a negotiation point with whomever does bring him in

the fact no one else is interested I mean....I would give him an incentive laden contract

KevB
03-07-2005, 03:34 PM
That's nice.

I asked a serious question: why have no teams contacted him, and why hasn't he visited anywhere?

Because he smells funny?

Oh wait, that's not a serious answer... :p

It's a good question. I suspect his asking price and playing in one of the better defenses in the league have served to limit his attractiveness.

DenverChief
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
That's nice.

are you going to offer aanswer of your own?

BigVE
03-07-2005, 04:20 PM
It sounds like Smoot isnt even being considered by Dick/carl. IF we were to sign Hartwell/Bell I could live with starting a rookie corner...absolutely could not do any worse than bartee/macleon IMO. The rookie corner trick seemed to work out ok for NewEngland.

Nightfyre
03-07-2005, 04:21 PM
the fact no one else is interested I mean....I would give him an incentive laden contract
How do you give a CB an incentive laden contract?
Cant do tackles.
Ints are biased. People wont throw towards a dangerous CB.
Can't do passes defended for same reason.
Cant do completed passes because then he can sit out all year and get it.

The idea of a CB is the less involved he is, the better job hes doing.

Carlota69
03-07-2005, 04:21 PM

Maybe he has health concerns--like a hang nail on his big toe or something...

eazyb81
03-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Smoot and his agent are purposely holding out until he is one of, if not the last corner available. He wants to drive up his price and will get a signing bonus in the neighborhood of 14-16 mill....not exactly in cheap Lamar's price range. If anyone thinks passing on Rolle means we will now get Smoot, you are sorely mistaken.

Ultra Peanut
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM
He doesn't fit the profile. He'd cost too much. He wouldn't be able to beat out Bartee. He's got a surly disposition and he talks too much smack. His feet stink. Sorry Mr. Smoot, I have to go out of town.

SweChief
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM

Plaxico Burress probably thought he'd cash in big time too.
He's making his FIRST visit today (NYG).

Odds are The mouth of the south will take that open 10.5$ bonus and return to the skins sometime soon.