PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listening to Snacks on 610?

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Donald Willis is guest hosting in the former Quitlock timeslot, and he's really saying some unflattering stuff about the front office. About how when he dealt with them, he'd agree to sign but then wouldn't hear anything for two weeks, and how that kind of crap is standard operating procedure. He's saying that the problems we have in free agency might be reflective of free agents being fed up with that kind of crap, and that our entire approach needs to change.

Nothing we haven't heard before...this is just the first time I've heard an actual player unloading on them. If anybody would know...

dirk digler
03-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Sour grapes?

The Bad Guy
03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
The Chiefs need to get over their regular season success in the 90s. He uses that as a crutch and he friggen expects top talent to come here for under market value.

That's not going to happen. I'm really starting to wonder why I care so much. The Chiefs obviously are content getting their paycheck so maybe I have to take a look in the mirror and just stop giving a shit already.

beer bacon
03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Sour grapes?

He doesn't sound whiny or bitter.

Did anyone just hear the call in fan go crazy? He basically said what every fan and probably most of the players are thinking.

keg in kc
03-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Sour grapes?I don't think so. He wouldn't have any reason for that. He had a cushy backup job for years with 'em, and he retired, he wasn't let go.

He's being polite about it, but he's being pretty frank. He doesn't sound much different from any other fan, actually.

laser1972
03-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Willis is lucky he got any money out of the Chiefs to sit on the bench and play in pre-season games... Nothing he says effects anything negative... I agree right now they should be signing some FA's, but to have this 3rd stringer say anything is BS...

His overweight a$$ used to show up at SidePockets in Independence every weekend eating and drinking.. Guess when you don't every play and can't beat out anyone, food and drink is all you have..

whoman69
03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
This would be the wrong day to listen to sports radio in KC. The crazies are going to come out of the woodwork. Rufus is having a field day. Not only did we lose out on a FA like he wanted, but talk sports radio is melting down.

KC Kings
03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Does 610 have a contract with the FCC where they have to have a certain amount of pounds per airwave wattage on air during the afternoon slot?