PDA

View Full Version : So Free agency is over?

HemiEd
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Because we did not sign the CB that FO felt was an injury risk it is all over? I think not, we will be making some strong moves soon, I think. I hope.

the Talking Can
03-07-2005, 04:14 PM
um, Rolle was their #1 priority...and he signed, after 5 minutes, with Baltimore

Hartwell said he wanted to be here and then left because we low balled him...

what the **** do you think their plan is, exactly?

"injury risk" removes Law and Bell from consideration, according to CP....

HolmeZz
03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
We also made something up about Hartwell I bet.

Ghostof
03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Maybe the Chiefs plan on releasing Bartee and then immediately signing him back up!

HemiEd
03-07-2005, 04:17 PM
um, Rolle was their #1 priority...and he signed, after 5 minutes, with Baltimore

Hartwell said he wanted to be here and then left because we low balled him...

what the **** do you think their plan is, exactly?

"injury risk" removes Law and Bell from consideration, according to CP....

I really wish I knew what it is, but I am not ready to abandon ship over this.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
FREE AGENCY IS IMPLODING!!

MM
~~;)

beer bacon
03-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Because we did not sign the CB that FO felt was an injury risk it is all over? I think not, we will be making some strong moves soon, I think. I hope.

It is not over, but it is evident that there is no chance of actually bringing in actual impact FA. Unless of course he is willing to be paid in peanuts or maybe bullshit since Carl seems to have an abundance of that.

NaptownChief
we will be making some strong moves soon,

Probably just like last year eh?

BigRedChief
Hartwell left us to go talk to Arizona. Thats is embrassing in of itself that Arizona has something to offer Hartwell that we dont. We probably offered Hartwell 7 mil SB and 4-5 a year.

HemiEd
03-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Probably just like last year eh?

I sure hope not, maybe more like the year before. If I look at this objectively: Baltimore has more room for error since their D is already one of the best. We do not have any room for error so we were unwilling to bet the farm on damaged goods. We need impact players that we can count on. Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Ghostof
03-07-2005, 04:28 PM
On a side note, the Chiefs are waiting to see how the Jackson trial goes before presenting Michael with a contract. His position of course would be cornerback, since he cant keep his hands off balls. His skills of moonwalking and running after kids in the Neverland Ranch will be effective at the cornerback position. Also, being that hes Peter Pan, size of the receivers he will be playing against wont matter, because flying owns all.

beer bacon
03-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I sure hope not, maybe more like the year before. If I look at this objectively: Baltimore has more room for error since their D is already one of the best. We do not have any room for error so we were unwilling to bet the farm on damaged goods. We need impact players that we can count on. Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

They are all risks. Smoot and Hartwell are venturing out on their own for the first time. They have yet to prove they can handle the load. Surtain has his knees. Bell has his shoulder and chronic injuries. Law has his foot and is old.

Somebody mentioned that we were using a Martyball style this free agency. This certainly fits the profile.

NaptownChief
03-07-2005, 04:32 PM

They also have a good defense in place and less need to take the "so called risk" yet they did....If it were such a risk they should have been much less likely to do it than a bad defense that is desparate. The Chiefs are just a pathetically ran organization.

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 06:36 AM
I just find it funny that 2 weeks ago, NOBODY here (save for maybe a couple of people) were talking about Rolle.

All the talk was about Law, Lucas, Smoot, and Baxter, and 2 of them are still available.

Now it's the end of the world because we didn't sign him.

old_geezer
03-08-2005, 06:41 AM
we will be making some strong moves soon, I think.

The only way Peterson could make a strong move is with the aid of a case of ex-lax.

Gaz
03-08-2005, 06:43 AM
I thought FA was over on July 22nd.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wonders if he did not get the memo.

HemiEd
03-08-2005, 07:00 AM
I just find it funny that 2 weeks ago, NOBODY here (save for maybe a couple of people) were talking about Rolle.

All the talk was about Law, Lucas, Smoot, and Baxter, and 2 of them are still available.

yep

HemiEd
03-08-2005, 07:05 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

He He! My point exactly! :thumb:

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 07:20 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

Certainly not over but everyone has been reminded again at the teams inability to sign their primary targets...Hence they will probably fall back on turds like V.Holliday which are in low enough demand that they are desperate enough to sign with this pathetic GM and franchise. So you are correct it is certainly not over, just more affirmation of the franchise ineptitude.

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 07:20 AM

You're missing the point: The Chiefs said that Rolle was their #1 priority.

THEY ****ed up with the guy THEY believed was most important to sign.

THEY are ****ing incompetant. And WE are wondering how these retards are going to accomplish anything.

Gaz
03-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Trotter:
Broken knees. Didn’t want him.

Smith:
Safety who wants to be a CB. No thanks.

Rolle:
Medical problem.

Hartwell:
Not signed yet.

Bell:
Not signed yet.

End of FA:
July 22

Today:
March 3

xoxo~
Gaz
Not suffering any disappointment yet.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2005, 08:07 AM
How can FA be over when it never even began for the Chiefs?

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 09:16 AM
You're missing the point: The Chiefs said that Rolle was their #1 priority.

THEY ****ed up with the guy THEY believed was most important to sign.

THEY are ****ing incompetant. And WE are wondering how these retards are going to accomplish anything.

Ah. So you're letting the most inept front office in the league TELL YOU who the priority free agents are?

:hmmm:

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 09:23 AM
We need to make a run at Plaxico Burres. Since it is clear the Chiefs aren't really interested in signing some help for the D we need to make the offense more potent. Plaxico is recieving little interest and someone might be able to get him at a decent price. And since it looks like Whatfield, Burntee, and McCluck will be our CBs again this next year, it will be imperative that the offense scores every single time they touch the ball.

Shoot, I'd be interested in Burres even if we get some D help.

Anyong Bluth
03-08-2005, 09:40 AM
The site won't let me start a new thread but info on Surtain and Jason Taylor now wanting out?

Can an Admin fix this????

Agent: Taylor not a linebacker
By Joe Schad, Greg A. Bedard

Palm Beach Post Staff Writers

Tuesday, March 08, 2005
DAVIE — With the recent additions of defensive ends Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter, the agent for defensive end Jason Taylor said Monday that his client has no interest in playing outside linebacker in a potential 3-4 scheme.

"He's the man, he's started in the Pro Bowl," agent Gary Wichard said. "He's not looking to become a situational, standup outside linebacker. At this point in his career, it's not the right position.

"I don't think he would be overly excited about it. Why would you take a man that's had his hand on the ground throughout his career, that's made multiple Pro Bowls and tell him now to play linebacker?"

Saban has said he doesn't feel Miami has the personnel to quickly shift from a 4-3 to a 3-4. He was unavailable for comment.

Surtain deal closer? With rumors flying about Miami cornerback Pat Surtain possibly being dealt to Minnesota, Seattle or Kansas City, a league source said a trade could be completed "sooner rather than later."

Minnesota and Seattle are said to be amenable to Surtain's financial terms.

Noteworthy: The Dolphins and Junior Seau have agreed to a restructure.... Denver linebacker Donnie Spragan visited with Miami on Monday but also plans to visit Seattle.... Miami is one of several teams now interested in running back Travis Minor, who played his first four seasons in Miami.... Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte, expected to sign, visited Miami on Monday.

Manila-Chief
03-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Gotta a great point there Mike!!! And, you should add ... draft another T.E. just to be safe!!!!

rufusmaqe ... Kingless and D.V. are the ones who said the Chiefs priorities are C.B., L.B., and Safety. They said we were going after impact players ... would sign 2 or 3 impact D players. Then they seemed to say that Rolle was first on their list. Maybe they are concerned for his health but looks awfully suspicious to me.... I think they are seeing $$$ signs instead of living up to their word.

If they were really serious about what they said ... not fellow planet members but the leaders of the Chiefs .... then we would have at least 2 impact F.A. signed by now. Other teams do it. Why can't our F.O.??????

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Ah. So you're letting the most inept front office in the league TELL YOU who the priority free agents are?

:hmmm:

um, no....I'm simply pointing out that they failed at their own stated mission to sign Rolle...this gives me no hope at all that they are smart enough or competant enough to actually sign an impact player...Baltimore achieved in 5 minutes what we couldn't in 4 days...I have no honest idea what their plan is now..other than low balling Hartwell...

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Trotter:
Broken knees. Didn’t want him.

"Broken knees"? So you're saying Philly doesn't care, or they have worse doctors? I call BS excuse.

Smith:
Safety who wants to be a CB. No thanks.
Agreed. I wish they would quit dicking around w/ safteies... we already have 12 on the roster.

Rolle:
Medical problem.
What "medical problem"? It did not affect him in TN. He was born with it - played several years in the NFL at a productivity level far surpassing any Chiefs' CB, with it. I guess B'More didn't care... or have worse doctors. Besides, they don't know nuthin' about defense up in B'More anyways.

Again, BS flag.

Hartwell:
Not signed yet.
Because we're trying to low-ball him... just as they tried to low-ball Rolle. I wonder what "medical problems" Hartwell will suddenly have once he signs with another team? :hmmm:

Bell:
Not signed yet.

A legit medical risk. This guy had a superb rookie season then has been a walking MASH unit since. So we'll probably sign <i>him</i> to a multi-million dollar deal.... then watch him sit on the sidelines six of sixteen games /per season.

End of FA:
July 22

I'm sure we'll have signed a couple of third-tier players by then (see: Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon)

HemiEd
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
It did not affect him in TN[/B]. He was born with it - played several years in the NFL at a productivity level far surpassing any Chiefs' CB, with it. I guess B'More didn't care... or have worse doctors. Besides, they don't know nuthin' about defense up in B'More anyways.)

I call BS here. It has been well documented the last few days how many games this guy has missed. Too many!

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 10:37 AM
It has? He missed games recently due to his genetic condition? :spock:

Bullshit.

HemiEd
03-08-2005, 11:27 AM
It has? He missed games recently due to his genetic condition? :spock:

Bullshit.
Ok, I now understand your point better now that you have further qualified it. Here is further clarification on my point.
I sure am not a Doctor or am I privlaged to see his records. His reasons for injury are not important to me. He has missed games in five of his seven seasons due to injury. That is a track record....The guy only played a full season twice! He missed five of the last 6 in 2004. Why would we want to break the bank on this guy?

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok, I now understand your point better now that you have further qualified it. Here is further clarification on my point.
I sure am not a Doctor or am I privlaged to see his records. His reasons for injury are not important to me. He has missed games in five of his seven seasons due to injury. That is a track record....The guy only played a full season twice! He missed five of the last 6 in 2004. Why would we want to break the bank on this guy?

B'More sure thought enough of him to do so.

I guess they're dumbasses eh? Know nothing about defense there in B'More. Nope, sure am glad we passed on him.

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 11:40 AM

they knew all that BEFORE they brought him in...they said he was the #1 priority...then they worked up a fake injury scare to try and get him on the cheap...because they're cheap

by your standards we won't sign anyone, because Surtain, Bell, Law all have significant injury issues and we've already low balled Hartwell who WANTED to be here but is now going elsewhere to find a non-cheap bastard owner....hurrah!!

HemiEd
03-08-2005, 12:10 PM
B'More sure thought enough of him to do so.

I guess they're dumbasses eh? Know nothing about defense there in B'More. Nope, sure am glad we passed on him.

Yep, I had this discussion yesterday. It can be looked at least two different ways. The way I see it is there is more room for a screw up in Baltimore because they have such a great defense. They can afford to have a cyl misfire. But not the Chiefs, they need all cyls hitting, no room for error.
Or, the way you see it is that since Baltimore is a Defensive powerhouse they make only good decisions. I think both ways of looking at this are valid, but we really need to get it correct.

HemiEd
03-08-2005, 12:14 PM
they knew all that BEFORE they brought him in...they said he was the #1 priority...then they worked up a fake injury scare to try and get him on the cheap...because they're cheap

by your standards we won't sign anyone, because Surtain, Bell, Law all have significant injury issues and we've already low balled Hartwell who WANTED to be here but is now going elsewhere to find a non-cheap bastard owner....hurrah!!

Fake injury scare???? I feel that they said those things about him being a priority were sincere, however they wanted to check out why this #1 FA Cornerback has missed games in five out of seven seasons. I think they were doing there due diligence. We need "full time" cornerback help!

Wile_E_Coyote
03-08-2005, 12:22 PM
I was disappointed because I bought into the media hype. All I heard on ESPN & sports talk radio was "Trotter will be a Chief." That was okay because he did sign with the Eagles for less money.

Then I bought into the "Rolle close to signing with the Chiefs." I should have known better the second time around.:banghead:

Now it's, I will believe it when I see it