PDA

View Full Version : Based on previous history, why would anyone have believed CP?

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm seeing an awful lot of disappointment and anger but I have to ask based on his multiple five year plans and history in KC why would ANYONE get their hopes up that he would deliver on a promise or keep his word?

I'm sorry to see so many unhappy folks but you have to admit if you believed Carl Peterson then you set yourself up for some MAJOR disappointment. And there is no reason to believe it will be any different in the future as long as he's here.

:harumph:

the Talking Can
03-07-2005, 04:53 PM
THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU

go away you ****ing moron

chiefsfolife
03-07-2005, 04:57 PM
its called faith in something you love

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 04:57 PM
THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU

go away you ****ing moron

No, this isn't about me.

But can anyone name a single event that Carl has delivered on in the past five years that didn't come by accident ala Priest Holmes or wasn't mishandled in the process of delivering ala Dick Vermeil.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 04:58 PM
its called faith in something you love

I can understand having faith in the TEAM but in the GM who is just one of TPTB and has repeatedly yanked your chain?

chiefsfolife
03-07-2005, 04:59 PM
who da hell is this fagget

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
who da hell is this fagget

A long time Carl Hatah.

I think he's the spawn of satan and he's done nothing much to prove otherwise as far as I can tell. :hmmm:

Dr. Johnny Fever
We wanted to believe that maybe he had learned a lesson from the past few season, especially the last. We wanted to believe that when he said we were going to be aggresive in free agency he meant it.

Are we totally surprised....? No. Are we apalled by his new low....? Yes.

Deberg_1990
I can understand having faith in the TEAM but in the GM who is just one of TPTB and has repeatedly yanked your chain?

I guess we just thought that for once this year would be different?? All the more reason that Carl's time has come and gone. I just wish that Lamar could see it was well as the fans.......

Phobia
03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I guess we just thought that for once this year would be different?? All the more reason that Carl's time has come and gone. I just wish that Lamar could see it was well as the fans.......

Lamar can see just fine.

Net gain $30,000,000

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:05 PM
We wanted to believe that maybe he had learned a lesson from the past few season, especially the last. We wanted to believe that when he said we were going to be aggresive in free agency he meant it.

Look, I'm not blaming you for your faith. I just believe it's misplaced. I don't think the past two seasons were an accident and apparently this one won't be either.

I think these FAs thought the Chiefs would have learned their lessons and flew here in search of big bucks and some sense of stability within the organization and it appears the Chiefs were unable to offer them either.

Thus, they took either the bigger bucks or more secure situations elsewhere. Plus, they don't have to deal with a dog like King Carl.

TEX
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM

This is really WORSE than last year. To have all these players visit and NOT sign any of them... :shake:

Eleazar
03-07-2005, 05:07 PM
This is effing bad enough without Duhnise piling on.

Phobia
You're right Dense. I'm gonna go follow the Raiders for a while. Does it help?

Deberg_1990
Lamar can see just fine.

Net gain $30,000,000

Ill always respect CP for rebuilding the franchise in the early 90's. Ill never forget it. But its time to give him his walking papers his time has past. This franchise will be just fine financially and season ticket wise even if he leaves. Nobody goes to the games because of anything CP does anymore. They go because he made us love the team again.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:09 PM

No, I'm not piling on.

I'm trying to point out that they do not have to have faith in the GM in order to have faith in the team. The GM is merely a bureaucrat azzhole who has probably done more to ruin the team than not.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
You're right Dense. I'm gonna go follow the Raiders for a while. Does it help?

No. Their defense is going to suck too. :p

Eleazar
03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
No, I'm not piling on.

I'm trying to point out that they do not have to have faith in the GM in order to have faith in the team. The GM is merely a bureaucrat azzhole who has probably done more to ruin the team than not.

Why do you care, you ran out on your team years ago anyway.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Ill always respect CP for rebuilding the franchise in the early 90's. Ill never forget it. But its time to give him his walking papers his time has past. This franchise will be just fine financially and season ticket wise even if he leaves. Nobody goes to the games because of anything CP does anymore. They go because he made us love the team again.

And, I'm not so certain it was HE who made the city love the team again. Yes, he gets the credit but seriously he had a good coach and some business savvy and this is a small market...

it's not like he was walking on water or anything.

tk13
03-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't know... I think Carl has delivered on most of his promises... he went after FA's quickly in 2003, they didn't turn out to be great FA's, but he got it done. In 2004 he said he was going to re-sign his own guys, and he did. So far he hasn't delivered this offseason... I don't think that's ever been his problem though, Carl executes his plans and "delivers" just fine, those plans are just never good enough to put this team over the top.

tk13
03-07-2005, 05:14 PM
And, I'm not so certain it was HE who made the city love the team again.

I don't know... he drafted Derrick Thomas didn't he....

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-07-2005, 05:14 PM
No, I'm not piling on.

In case you're not sure how it works...the GM has to sign the players that are good enough to win...to give the fans faith in the team. We have no faith in our current defense.... nor do we now in Carl.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't know... he drafted Derrick Thomas didn't he....

yes, and Tony Gonzalez. But I said the past five years meaning this century.

tk13
03-07-2005, 05:16 PM
yes, and Tony Gonzalez. But I said the past five years meaning this century.
What? That has nothing to do with my comment or the comment I was responding to. We were talking about the re-birth of the team in the 90's, and that was directly related to Derrick Thomas...

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
In case you're not sure how it works...the GM has to sign the players that are good enough to win...to give the fans faith in the team. We have no faith in our current defense.... nor do we now in Carl.

Actually, I think a majority of fans lost faith in CP a LONG time ago. That is why it is still jarring to see as many people as we do actually believe that he'll do something meaningful to change...

old dogs, new tricks. You know that saying.

Spott
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I hate to say it, but Denise is totally right on this one. Once a cheap bastard, always a cheap bastard. I think if there was any year that Carl would have changed his ways, it would have been this year, especially with the shitty defense we've had the last few years and all the defensive FA's that could have made an impact on this team. I guess there's always the draft, although our 1st round pick probably won't sign until about week 4 of the regular season.

Donger
03-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Nice to see that Denise is consistent with her vulture-like behavior.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:37 PM
What? That has nothing to do with my comment or the comment I was responding to. We were talking about the re-birth of the team in the 90's, and that was directly related to Derrick Thomas...

Oh sorry.

Well, DT was a big part of that defensive legacy but so too was Neil Smith and it seems that one of geneous Carl's moves was to let that part of that tandem go...

that being one of his cudda, wudda, shudda kept a player moves. :rolleyes:

tk13
03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh sorry.

Well, DT was a big part of that defensive legacy but so too was Neil Smith and it seems that one of geneous Carl's moves was to let that part of that tandem go...

that being one of his cudda, wudda, shudda kept a player moves. :rolleyes:
We were still a championship-caliber franchise without Neil Smith. We have not been since we've lost DT.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:42 PM
We were still a championship-caliber franchise without Neil Smith. We have not been since we've lost DT.

But, I am one that believed that Neil Smith was DT's alter ego and without him DT was NOT the same player for long. I remember there was talk of him getting cut the year or so before he died...unheard of when the two were feeding off of each other.

morphius
03-07-2005, 05:42 PM
This question from a Raiders Al Davis fan?

I think there is no need to bother answering.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:44 PM
This question from a Raiders Al Davis fan?

I think there is no need to bother answering.

I'm no fan of Al Davis anymore than I am Carl Peterson. I will admit he seems (perception) to make player moves more efficiently than does Carl but he has LOTS of empty seats, his coaching has been a carousel, and his teams haven't been winning much the past two seasons...

they both suck.

OldTownChief
03-07-2005, 05:51 PM

Does this surprise you? To her this is the equivalent to a US Soldier being KIA. She gets so excited a dog can smell her from a mile away.

memyselfI
03-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Does this surprise you? To her this is the equivalent to a US Soldier being KIA. She gets so excited a dog can smell her from a mile away.

Nah, it's old news. Carl fuggs up and pizzes off the fans who will still show up en masse in August and Lamar's pockets get bigger.

It's almost as predictable as the sun rising in the East and setting in the West.

Mark M
03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
But can anyone name a single event that Carl has delivered on in the past five years that didn't come by accident ala Priest Holmes or wasn't mishandled in the process of delivering ala Dick Vermeil.

Willie Roaf
Dante Hall
Scott Fujita
Jarred Allen (so far, at least)
Trent Green
Re-signing Priest and Tony
Brian Waters
Casey Weigman
Larry Johnson (who proved he can play last year)
Jason Dunn

Granted, this doesn't mean I want the guy to hang around. But let's not totally discount the fact that, with DV's help, they've build a pretty damned good offense.

MM
~~:shrug:

NewChief
03-08-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry to see so many unhappy folks

Oh yeah. I bet it's just tearing you up, isn't it? ROFL