PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fans have High Threshold for Pain.

teedubya
03-08-2005, 03:53 AM
Each year we go through the virtual same series of heartaches.

Good enough season to almost get into playoffs or get into playoffs and lose in first round.

Our season is always good enough to get shitty draft pick selections. typically in the 15-28 range. Never do we get to draft impact players, as they are typically gone before we get to draft... when we do have a chance to draft at slot #6 overall, we pick a Ryan Turd Sims.

Each year, whoever we do sign, has to go through grueling negotiations with Karl Peter$on, whose job as CEO is to make the business profitable, and whose job as GM is to make the team competitive. Poor KP has an internal struggle between $ and players.

So we enter Free Agency, with the guise of "Hey, the Chiefs are gonna be aggressive in Free Agency to shore up the D."

the pain of being a Chiefs fan continues. Same Shit, different offseason.

Sad but true.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Reading this thread, all I can think is...

why the f*ck am I up at 4 am reading this thread?

OldTownChief
03-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Reading this thread, all I can think is...

why the f*ck am I up at 4 am reading this thread?

Same threads, 4 am

teedubya
03-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Go to bed people.

Nightfyre
03-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Go to bed people.
thanks dad.... :rolleyes:

ARROW2
03-08-2005, 05:08 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WAKE ME WHEN THEY SIGN SOMEONE!!!!!!!

OldTownChief
03-08-2005, 05:33 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WAKE ME WHEN THEY SIGN SOMEONE!!!!!!!

Amazing...This is the 2nd post I've seen you make without asking KCTitus if you can suck his dick.

Warrior5
03-08-2005, 08:14 AM
but I'm trying to look at this objectively rather than the usual "Dammit Carl" lens.

Trotter, Hartwell, Smith, Bell, and Rolle came into Arrowhead last week.

1. Trotter had no intention of signing with us; he was just trying to drive up his pricetag for the Eagles. A wash. No lashes for Peterson.

2. Rolle was here for two days with his wife; obviously he was interested, but sometime on Friday he called Baltimore with the end result of, what...5 yr, $30M, $12M SB, or something like that. Don't know if Peterson lowballed him or not, but B-more is going to pay that guy a ton of $, especially in the first 2 years. 20 lashes for Peterson, if for nothing else, than the immature act about Rolle's spine.

3. Smith left to sign with another team. LB and CB are priorities for the Chiefs; Safety is NOT. A wash. No lashes for Peterson.

4. Hartwell left KC without a deal. We don't know the numbers discussed. He's been to AZ and I think he's still in Seattle. He may return to KC. No lashes for Peterson yet.

5. Bell is in negotiations with KC. No lashed for Peterson yet.

Hartwell and/or Bell are still possible. Surtain/Law/Smoot/Dyson are still possible. IMO, jury is still out on this FA season. I'll keep Peterson locked up in his cell, but won't bring him to the gallows yet. I won't purchase a single Chiefs item until I see significant signings, but I'm not about to burn down Arrowhead either (yet).

Skip Towne
03-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey, I WANT a shitty draft position. I want to draft 32nd.

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 09:18 AM
but I'm trying to look at this objectively rather than the usual "Dammit Carl" lens.

1. Trotter had no intention of signing with us; he was just trying to drive up his pricetag for the Eagles. A wash. No lashes for Peterson.

2. Rolle was here for two days with his wife; obviously he was interested, but sometime on Friday he called Baltimore with the end result of, what...5 yr, $30M, $12M SB, or something like that. Don't know if Peterson lowballed him or not, but B-more is going to pay that guy a ton of $, especially in the first 2 years. 20 lashes for Peterson, if for nothing else, than the immature act about Rolle's spine.

3. Smith left to sign with another team. LB and CB are priorities for the Chiefs; Safety is NOT. A wash. No lashes for Peterson.

4. Hartwell left KC without a deal. We don't know the numbers discussed. He's been to AZ and I think he's still in Seattle. He may return to KC. No lashes for Peterson yet.

Hartwell and/or Bell are still possible. Surtain/Law/Smoot/Dyson are still possible. IMO, jury is still out on this FA season. I'll keep Peterson locked up in his cell, but won't bring him to the gallows yet. I won't purchase a single Chiefs item until I see significant signings, but I'm not about to burn down Arrowhead either (yet).

Excellent post.

Warrior5
03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Excellent post.

Thanks.

I'm no CP apologist, but the media is portraying CP as an SOB responsible for a disaster that hasn't happened.

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks.

I'm no CP apologist, but the media is portraying CP as an SOB responsible for a disaster that hasn't happened.

No, see that's where your wrong.

If you take the time to examine reality and come to a conclusion OTHER than "Carl Peterson sucks" you ARE an apologist.

Warrior5
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
No, see that's where your wrong.

If you take the time to examine reality and come to a conclusion OTHER than "Carl Peterson sucks" you ARE an apologist.

Well crap. Let's see...um, how about, "Carl Peterson wears a kilt!"

...trying to shed the apologist label.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2005, 10:59 AM

spoken like a Chiefs fan WITH A HIGH THRESHOLD FOR PAIN

i think you just gave a good example of what AC was talking about. :)

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 12:26 PM
spoken like a Chiefs fan WITH A HIGH THRESHOLD FOR PAIN

i think you just gave a good example of what AC was talking about. :)

I have zero threshold for pain. The Colts playoff loss just about sent me over the edge.

However, I have to say that all of this bantering DOESN'T CAUSE ME PAIN, so it has nothing to do with my threshold for said pain.

I'm willing to accept that there's much about this situation that I don't know - I don't work in the Chiefs front office and am not privy to contract negotiations. Everything else is 2nd-hand info.

I'm not happy with this offseason - I still want Hartwell and Smoot - and if they decide not to sign anyone, maybe I'll decide to watch some other team this fall.

There's no pain in that for me.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2005, 12:30 PM
However, I have to say that all of this bantering DOESN'T CAUSE ME PAIN, so it has nothing to do with my threshold for said pain
:hmmm:

well bantering is what this bbs is all about

bantering about the chiefs
bantering about politics
bantering about bantering

so i guess you do have a THRESHOLD for pain ... cause your still posting.

:thumb:

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
:hmmm:

well bantering is what this bbs is all about

bantering about the chiefs
bantering about politics
bantering about bantering

so i guess you do have a THRESHOLD for pain ... cause your still posting.

:thumb:

I know that bantering is what this is all about. And for me, it's PURE entertainment.

It's not painful at all, so my threshold for pain is irrelevant.

:D

KCTitus
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
And for me, it's PURE entertainment....

Me too, but I would add comic relief...

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Me too, but I would add comic relief...

Yeah, it is hilariously funny at times.

whoman69
03-08-2005, 01:32 PM
The frustrating part is that Carl really hasn't done alot in the last few years to shed the label that he can't get to the promised land. His drafting has been atrocious, filled with tweeners and projects. He has had some successes in FA on the offensive side of the ball with Priest and Roaf, but the defense is and has been in shambles with no end in sight.