PDA

View Full Version : Poston and Carl talked about Law on Saturday

Bootlegged
03-08-2005, 09:22 AM
So, I'm guessing that Carl knew that Rolle wasn't going to be signed. Poston told Carl that Law is in a walking boot, and that he will be ready to go come fall. Then Poston says Carl asked him about Julian Peterson. He said it would take "a ton of money" to land both those guys.

I'm just wondering what the hell is going thru his mind....Gun/DV want CB/LB/S. Carl is inquiring about a franchised DE.

My updated guess is we make a half-assed offer to Law, don't offer Surtain, low-ball Bell and lose Hartwell.

We may sign some June 1 losers later in the year.

DaWolf
03-08-2005, 09:24 AM
So, I'm guessing that Carl knew that Rolle wasn't going to be signed. Poston told Carl that Law is in a walking boot, and that he will be ready to go come fall. Then Poston says Carl asked him about Julian Peterson. He said it would take "a ton of money" to land both those guys.

I'm just wondering what the hell is going thru his mind....Gun/DV want CB/LB/S. Carl is inquiring about a franchised DE.

My updated guess is we make a half-assed offer to Law, don't offer Surtain, low-ball Bell and lose Hartwell.

Peterson is an OLB as far as I know. He shut down Gonzo singlehandedly a couple of years back...

ChiTown
03-08-2005, 09:25 AM

This place will be a real fn hoot at that point. Hell, half our guys will be still recovering from jumping out of their 2 story windows and shattering their femurs...........

Eleazar
03-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Peterson is an OLB and would be a hell of an addition to our defense.

CosmicPal
03-08-2005, 09:30 AM
My updated guess is we make a half-assed offer to Law.

Damn right...if he's going to be in a boot until FALL- I wouldn't give him very much money either. FALL could mean the first game or the sixth game. But, the bottom line is- he'll be watching Training Camp and Preseason from the sidelines rather than playing....I would be making a half-azz offer to him, as well.

petegz28
03-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Peterson is an OLB as far as I know. He shut down Gonzo singlehandedly a couple of years back...

Yes he did. With a lot of groping and holding. But a good LB none the less.

Nightfyre
03-08-2005, 10:33 AM
J Peterson + E Hartwell/Bell

I like the sound of it. Too good to be true.

Dave Lane
03-08-2005, 11:32 AM

Where did you hear this?

Dave

Bootlegged
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Where did you hear this?

Dave

Poston was on ESPN radio Saturday w/Clayton and someone else. Couple people on here heard it also.

ARROW2
03-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Whatever....You want to impress me, sign some shit, otherwise, kiss my ass Chiefs....

Delano
03-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Whatever....You want to impress me, sign some shit, otherwise, kiss my ass Chiefs....

And everyone knows, the Kansas City Chiefs, are in business to impress bandwagon riders like yourself.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2005, 12:10 PM
And everyone knows, the Kansas City Chiefs, are in business to impress bandwagon riders like yourself.

His registration date would indicate otherwise.

Stinger
03-08-2005, 12:12 PM
So, I'm guessing that Carl knew that Rolle wasn't going to be signed.

Rolle’s agent Lamont Smith called Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome shortly after Baxter committed to the Browns Friday evening to see if Baltimore had any interest in his client.

Newsome said there was, and turned the negotiations over to cap manager Pat Moriarty. Saturday night, the two sides agreed on a deal, depending on Rolle passing the physical.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.php?subsection=single_news_show&section=press&content_id=5958

Delano
03-08-2005, 12:14 PM
His registration date would indicate otherwise.

Decent point...

Let me modify that and say I doubt anyone working for the Chiefs gives a shit what impresses people on this board.