PDA

View Full Version : Yeah We Got Bell. I STILL DON'T WANT LAW!

petegz28
03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Bring in Surtain!

Eleazar
03-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Guess you have to distance yourself from that CARL AND LAMAR IS TEH CHEAP talk since they gave a linebacker $10 million in guaranteed money.

petegz28
03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Guess you have to distance yourself from that CARL AND LAMAR IS TEH CHEAP talk since they gave a linebacker $10 million in guaranteed money.

Slowly I will. I was hoping I would eat my words and I have said that the whole time. But I am not ready to just let them off the hook. They bring in Surtain or Law even (although I don't want Law) hten I will say I gave them a bad rap.

InChiefsHeaven
03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
WTF is the deal with Surtain right now? Last I heard the Fins were looking for a 2nd rounder and he wants some major bank...nobody has picked him up yet? I thought somebody got him last week...hell, it's too hard to keep track of the rumors...

CosmicPal
03-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm with you on the Law bit....but, I'd give anything to see them sign Hartwell and then pick up a serviceable DB....Hartwell and Bell together will make our DB's look better.

Cormac
03-08-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm with you on the Law bit....but, I'd give anything to see them sign Hartwell and then pick up a serviceable DB....Hartwell and Bell together will make our DB's look better.

I like this idea too. Give me Hartwell for similar money up-front, and then get a cheaper CB, rather than add Surtain for a 2nd rounder and $12-15m SB, and not have money for another LB. I'd love to have Bell, Hartwell and Fujita as our LBs next year. Those guys could make plays and free up our safeties to do their own jobs.

:thumb:

Oregon chief
03-08-2005, 02:16 PM
what do you guys think the odds are that we will get hartwell too?

petegz28
03-08-2005, 02:18 PM

I will go for that if Bell wants to go to the OLB position. I agree if we had some bad ass LB's we can get a lesser rated CB. Warfield in my opinion is a lot better than people give him credit for.

But I also am not against giving up a 2nd round pick for Surtain at all.