PDA

View Full Version : Whitlocks:Chiefs agreement with Bell and the cost

C-Mac
03-08-2005, 06:54 PM
By JASON WHITLOCK

The Kansas City Star

According to a source close to the negotiations, the Kansas City Chiefs reached an agreement with free-agent linebacker Kendrell Bell on a seven-year contract earlier this afternoon.

The club is expected to announce Bell's signing later today. Bell, a former member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is expected to be the new middle linebacker in coordinator Gunther Cunningham's attacking 4-3 scheme.

“You'll have to talk to the club about where we're at on a contract,” Bell told The Star when reached by cell phone around 12:45 p.m.

According to a source, the Chiefs gave Bell a contract that guarantees him about $10 million in bonuses and has a $16 million value during the first three years of the contract.

Bell, 26, missed most of last season with a groin injury.

C-Mac
03-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Sorry repost!!!!!!!!!

Bob Dole
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry repost!!!!!!!!!

Hello - dittotard on the loose.

C-Mac
03-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Hello - dittotard on the loose.

Are you mocking me?

tommykat
03-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Are you mocking me?

That would be yepping me...ROFL Anyway, some aren't on here during the day, so a repost is OK sometimes.:thumb:

Hammock Parties
03-09-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm betting the 4th year is an option year. Good deal for the Chiefs.

mcan
03-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Jason writing for KFFL now? Short article...

Anyway, it seems like Jason doesn't have a favorable opinion about this... Strange... Would he rather we spent money on Jeff George to come in and play MLB?

I have to believe that the upgrade at MLB (sorely needed since Marvcus Patton) will net us at least one or two more wins... I love this guy, and think Carl has gotten us 1/3 of the way through this offseason.

On his to do list:
New RCB
New SAM LB

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Jason writing for KFFL now? Short article...

Anyway, it seems like Jason doesn't have a favorable opinion about this... Strange... Would he rather we spent money on Jeff George to come in and play MLB?

I have to believe that the upgrade at MLB (sorely needed since Marvcus Patton) will net us at least one or two more wins... I love this guy, and think Carl has gotten us 1/3 of the way through this offseason.

On his to do list:
New RCB
New SAM LB

KFFL just picks stuff from other sources. They don't have their own guys. They just report news from newspapers, sports channels, etc.

mcan
03-09-2005, 01:05 AM
KFFL just picks stuff from other sources. They don't have their own guys. They just report news from newspapers, sports channels, etc.

I was just referring to the tone of the article... I've never read an article where Jason didn't provide editorial and tell you exactly what you should be thinking about the news he's reporting.