PDA

View Full Version : Sharper Article

Archie Bunker
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
www.houstonprofootball.com

I dont know much about the source but I know some had interest in him.

Jamie Sharper
March 8, 2005
Sharper in Stripes?

As word spreads around the league that linebacker Jamie Sharper is available via trade, one newspaper believes he might be working on fashioning some stripes into his fall wardrobe.

The Cincinnati Enquirer received word from an unspecified source that Sharper is talking to the Bengals about a possible trade. If the Texans were to consummate a deal with the Bengals, it would reunite Sharper with Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis, Sharper's defensive coordinator when he played with the Ravens.

Sharper, 30, is capable of playing a variety of positions in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 defensive scheme. It maximizes the number of teams he could potentially play for outside of Houston if he is traded. Other speculated destinations for Sharper include Seattle, Kansas City, Cleveland, and Baltimore.
In other free agent news, the Texans have interest in center Matt Lehr of the Rams according to a report published by the Rocky Mountain News. Lehr visited with the Broncos on Monday and left town for Atlanta without a contract. After meeting with the Falcons on Tuesday, Lehr may decide to visit Houston next, though there has been no confirmation yet as to whether Houston figures into Lehr's itenerary.

Kris Kringle
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
www.houstonprofootball.com (http://www.houstonprofootball.com)

I dont know much about the source but I know some had interest in him.

Jamie Sharper
March 8, 2005
Sharper in Stripes?

As word spreads around the league that linebacker Jamie Sharper is available via trade, one newspaper believes he might be working on fashioning some stripes into his fall wardrobe.

The Cincinnati Enquirer received word from an unspecified source that Sharper is talking to the Bengals about a possible trade. If the Texans were to consummate a deal with the Bengals, it would reunite Sharper with Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis, Sharper's defensive coordinator when he played with the Ravens.

Sharper, 30, is capable of playing a variety of positions in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 defensive scheme. It maximizes the number of teams he could potentially play for outside of Houston if he is traded. Other speculated destinations for Sharper include Seattle, Kansas City, Cleveland, and Baltimore.
In other free agent news, the Texans have interest in center Matt Lehr of the Rams according to a report published by the Rocky Mountain News. Lehr visited with the Broncos on Monday and left town for Atlanta without a contract. After meeting with the Falcons on Tuesday, Lehr may decide to visit Houston next, though there has been no confirmation yet as to whether Houston figures into Lehr's itenerary.

Traded for what? If Hartwell signs elsewhere, I'd be all for looking into this option.

HolmeZz
03-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Versatility at the LB spot is what we like. I don't know what he's making contract-wise though.