PDA

View Full Version : Compensetory pick for Tait ??!!!

Kris Kringle
03-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Are we getting a pick for Tait or not? What pick? When will we know? I hate the compensetory pick system. It's a total crapshoot. I think Tags just makes it up as he goes along.

beer bacon
03-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Are we getting a pick for Tait or not? What pick? When will we know? I hate the compensetory pick system. It's a total crapshoot. I think Tags just makes it up as he goes along.

You should have ended the title in question marks. I thought you were going to report we were going to get a 3rd for him or something.

David.
you douche bag

Rausch

I think it's just a low 8th rounder...

David.
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
You should have ended the title in question marks. I thought you were going to report we were going to get a 3rd for him or something.

heh, that's exactly what I thought

Logical
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I could not find out from Google when they are awarded. But I did find this site that lists all the traded draft picks for this year and who they were made for as compensation.

http://www.nflreport.com/Draft_traded.htm

Kris Kringle
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
You should have ended the title in question marks. I thought you were going to report we were going to get a 3rd for him or something. You're right. I'll fix it. I don't want anyone to get their hopes up.

Iowanian
03-08-2005, 08:39 PM
They don't release that list until early April I don't think............

I'm guessing the end of the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Kris Kringle
03-08-2005, 11:23 PM
I have a bad feeling that we'll get NOTHING!!

Archie Bunker
03-08-2005, 11:29 PM
COMPENSATORY DRAFT PICKS: Compensation awarded by the league to teams who lost more UFAs than they signed. Compensation is in the form of extra draft picks added to the end of rounds three through seven. The quantity of picks is equivalent to the difference of UFAs signed to UFAs lost. For example, if a team loses 4 UFAs and signs 1 UFA, they will receive three Compensatory Selections. The value of the picks is determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and those acquired. The highest possible compensatory pick is the 31st of the third round (91st overall). If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it lost, no "Compensatory Picks" are awarded.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/defintions.asp

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
For the first time in NFL history, the Bears will be granted a compensatory pick for a player they acquired.

Pitt Gorilla
03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Cool site, Log. It looks like we have 3 5th rounders. Carl usually does well in the later rounds...

mcan
03-09-2005, 01:32 AM
For the first time in NFL history, the Bears will be granted a compensatory pick for a player they acquired.

that's awesome... ROFL

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 03:02 AM
COMPENSATORY DRAFT PICKS: Compensation awarded by the league to teams who lost more UFAs than they signed. Compensation is in the form of extra draft picks added to the end of rounds three through seven. The quantity of picks is equivalent to the difference of UFAs signed to UFAs lost. For example, if a team loses 4 UFAs and signs 1 UFA, they will receive three Compensatory Selections. The value of the picks is determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and those acquired. The highest possible compensatory pick is the 31st of the third round (91st overall). If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it lost, no "Compensatory Picks" are awarded.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/defintions.asp
Tait put us way over outgoing contracts I think.

Alphaman
03-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Tait put us way over outgoing contracts I think.

We lost Tait and Quin last year. We signed Bober, Huard and Dalton. We may not get any comp pick for him if that definition is correct.

the Talking Can
03-09-2005, 07:44 AM
"If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it lost, no "Compensatory Picks" are awarded."

seems pretty clear...salaries are only used to figure the value of a pick after the pick has been awarded.....

Kris Kringle
03-09-2005, 09:50 AM
"If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it lost, no "Compensatory Picks" are awarded."

seems pretty clear...salaries are only used to figure the value of a pick after the pick has been awarded..... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: