View Full Version : Bell is going to wear 99 according to his page

Hammock Parties
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Damn fine number!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kendrell_bell/

Anyone know why he's listed at 234 lbs?

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
We were pondering that earlier. They listed him at 257 on the press release. Who knows.

tk13
03-09-2005, 12:11 AM
He gets to continue the grand tradition of the number 99 uniform that Vonnie Holliday left behind...

booger
03-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Damn fine number!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kendrell_bell/

As far as the Number, I could see him getting one in the 50's as soon as decisions are made on which of our FA LB's come back.

I was puzzled with the weight listing as well. Maybe he dropped 20 lbs or so missing most of the season and having surgery.

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Didn't he wear 97 in Pissburgh?

That's Fox's number I think.

booger
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Q: Do you plan on him being your middle linebacker?

PETERSON: “I don’t think I ever said that. Maybe someone else did. I have been negotiating with (his agent) Todd France on a linebacker that can play more than one position. I think obviously that is one of the reasons we were attracted to Kendrell Bell. Where he lines up will be determined in competition in training camp. He has been playing in a “30” defense in his career in Pittsburgh.”

This is for those who read that we are focusing on CB and not going after Hartwell too.

I don't know how we could work him and a CB and possibly S, cap and cash wise, but if they could make it work I would like to see it.

Might have something to do with 234 lbs too. who knows.

booger
03-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Didn't he wear 97 in Pissburgh?

That's Fox's number I think.
yes
and yes

Fox might get a nice watch or some $$$$ for it.

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 12:16 AM
He said one of the reasons he got injured was from squating too much. Maybe he had been working out and putting on too much weight in general?

booger
03-09-2005, 12:17 AM
LMAO

didn't notice the "pissburgh"

keg in kc
You left out a pretty pertinent partQ: Does this end your pursuit for free agent linebackers?

PETERSON: “We will turn our attention to another defensive position of need. We were negotiating at the same time with (LB) Ed Hartwell. etc. etc.

booger
He said one of the reasons he got injured was from squating too much. Maybe he had been working out and putting on too much weight in general?
IIRC he has always been listed in the 250 to 260 range.

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2005, 12:18 AM
He gets to continue the grand tradition of the number 99 uniform that Vonnie Holliday left behind...

Don't forgot about Duane Clemons and Vaughn Booker before that.

booger
03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
You left out a pretty pertinent part
Yeah i know.

I just hope they don't plan on keeping Mitchell on the field.

I'd rather we look at another LB.

He did say though that " as you all know we have needs at more than just one LB position" so that is a positive note.

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Carl's Q&A was pretty damn confusing to me. When he started talking about Hartwell I wasn't sure if he was saying they they were still in negotiations with him or if they had been but stopped once Bell was signed and were moving on to CBs. It was probably his intent to be as vague as possible.

tk13
He had a "sports hernia" from having too much weight on the bar for squats, and his other injury was a high ankle sprain where he rushed back to playing before he should have, and that's really the two things that have caused him to be "injury prone"....

Hammock Parties
:)

booger
03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Personally I think he would look good with the 57 that Maz has, atleast for now.

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
I just hope they don't plan on keeping Mitchell on the field.If the choce is between Mitchell and Bartee/McCleon, I'd *much* rather see Mitchell on the field than either of those two. Hell, Bell might even have a positive impact on his play.

Archie Bunker
03-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I just hope they don't plan on keeping Mitchell on the field.

I'd rather we look at another LB.

You will see Mitchell or Fox on the outside if the Chiefs dont find one. That is scary. :shake:

booger
03-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Carl's Q&A was pretty damn confusing to me. When he started talking about Hartwell I wasn't sure if he was saying they they were still in negotiations with him or if they had been but stopped once Bell was signed and were moving on to CBs. It was probably his intent to be as vague as possible.

Tell me about it. Then Rhonda Roles of 610 says they are in negotiations an then they aren't. He is looking to make a descision soon so we should find out shortly.

booger
03-09-2005, 12:27 AM
If the choce is between Mitchell and Bartee/McCleon, I'd *much* rather see Mitchell on the field than either of those two. Hell, Bell might even have a positive impact on his play.
I agree when you put it that way.

Bell does remind me alot of Trotter with his play and attitude.

Archie Bunker
03-09-2005, 12:27 AM
If the choce is between Mitchell and Bartee/McCleon, I'd *much* rather see Mitchell on the field than either of those two. Hell, Bell might even have a positive impact on his play.

Mitchell showed a little growth near the end of the season. He was hurt his 1 yr and half in league and has been in to 2 different schemes. I am not ready to thrown him under a bus just yet.

Pants
03-09-2005, 12:28 AM
He had a "sports hernia" from having too much weight on the bar for squats, and his other injury was a high ankle sprain where he rushed back to playing before he should have, and that's really the two things that have caused him to be "injury prone"....

Hehe, I caught a Jack Harry segment where he was going on about how Chiefs took a huge risk signing an injury prone player and spending ALL THAT money on him, etc. Jack Harry = idiot.

booger
03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
You will see Mitchell or Fox on the outside if the Chiefs dont find one. That is scary. :shake:

Hopefully Fox will develope. He got stuck in DV's doghouse early on with nagging injuries. I was pissed he didn't see time at WLB when Barber and then Beisel went down. It was good to see Caver finally, but at least Fox should have got time in the Nickel. All I know is Gun likes him and maid some comparrisons to Donnie Edwards when he was drafted.

Of course beating the sh!t out of Beisel in the LB meeting room late in the year probably didn't help his case. Profile guys don't fight with teamates. :)

tk13
03-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Mitchell showed a little growth near the end of the season. He was hurt his 1 yr and half in league and has been in to 2 different schemes. I am not ready to thrown him under a bus just yet.
Honestly, I'm not either... I think he has potential, he gets burned sometimes, but other times he makes some excellent plays. That's more than you can say for many of our other "prospects". With the state of the team we can't wait for him to keep growing up next year though....

booger
03-09-2005, 12:36 AM
At times Mitchell did show some skills in the passing game. He also did show quick reaction and aggression blowing up some screens. I just get pissed with his tackling. It looks like he tries to tackle with his elbows half the time.

But he isn't on my "get his arse out of here ASAP" list either.

el borracho
03-09-2005, 12:43 AM
As far as the Number, I could see him getting one in the 50's as soon as decisions are made on which of our FA LB's come back.
Jersey #91 should be available soon.

booger
03-09-2005, 12:45 AM
ROFL

Who would be our MLBOTF though?
ROFL

Archie Bunker
03-09-2005, 12:45 AM
:)

Hammock Parties
03-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Honestly, I'm not either... I think he has potential, he gets burned sometimes, but other times he makes some excellent plays. That's more than you can say for many of our other "prospects". With the state of the team we can't wait for him to keep growing up next year though....

I am definitely not willing to give up on him, yet. I think he needs to show significant improvement next year, though.

mcan
03-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Mitchell and Fujita both played MUCH worse than Eric Hicks last year, and you guys are ready to burn him at the stake...

I don't get this place sometimes... :shake:

Hammock Parties
03-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Mitchell and Fujita both played MUCH worse than Eric Hicks last year, and you guys are ready to burn him at the stake...

I don't get this place sometimes... :shake:

Fujita? I will disagree big time with that. He 0.5 less sacks as a LINEBACKER and made many other plays.

Hicks sucks.

DenverChief
03-09-2005, 01:22 AM
anyone else find it intersting that Woods is listed as a Injured rookie on the depth chart

http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/depth_chart/

mcan
03-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Fujita? I will disagree big time with that. He 0.5 less sacks as a LINEBACKER and made many other plays.

Hicks sucks.

Fujita is constantly in the wrong place on the field. A TON of the passing yardage given up (especially on third downs) was because Fujita dropped back too deep or didn't fill the passing lane. He NEVER helps out on slant patterns... EVER. When was the last time you saw him break up a pass? I'll answer that... NEVER. Our linebackers (other than Barber) have played like total Sh!t for two years. I know that playoff game was Robinson's fault, but JEEZ! I've never seen worse linebacker play than the game those two guys played.. A couple times I saw them both just standing there waiting for Peyton to throw the ball. As for the sacks, yes he is a big and fast guy. So, when Gun blitzes seven guys, Fujita is gonna break through that line and probably get his hands on the quarterback. I'm not doubting his athletic ability. And frankly, he's a very smart guy. He just doesn't have the hip mobility it takes to play against the pass... That's why he should be a backup... Preferrably to Hartwell if we can get that done.

DenverChief
03-09-2005, 01:28 AM
anyone else find it intersting that Woods is listed as a Injured rookie on the depth chart

:LOL: NM I was reading the table wrong...

teedubya
03-09-2005, 02:53 AM

NOoooOOOooOOoOOoOOOooo!!!!111

Damn you Carl!!!1 :cuss:

teedubya
03-09-2005, 02:56 AM

No it doesnt... look at the legend. Injured Rookie is a green/black striped triangle, whereas you are a pink triangle.

Pants
03-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Heh, around these parts that's kinda like saying Metrolike = idiot.

Thanks for the heads up, douche.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 03:17 AM
I believe he was suggesting to Hartwell that the deal is on the table, take it or leave it. We don't need you, but we'll take you at what we have offered. And I think it was a good move.

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Fujita is constantly in the wrong place on the field. A TON of the passing yardage given up (especially on third downs) was because Fujita dropped back too deep or didn't fill the passing lane. He NEVER helps out on slant patterns... EVER. When was the last time you saw him break up a pass? I'll answer that... NEVER. Our linebackers (other than Barber) have played like total Sh!t for two years. I know that playoff game was Robinson's fault, but JEEZ! I've never seen worse linebacker play than the game those two guys played.. A couple times I saw them both just standing there waiting for Peyton to throw the ball. As for the sacks, yes he is a big and fast guy. So, when Gun blitzes seven guys, Fujita is gonna break through that line and probably get his hands on the quarterback. I'm not doubting his athletic ability. And frankly, he's a very smart guy. He just doesn't have the hip mobility it takes to play against the pass... That's why he should be a backup... Preferrably to Hartwell if we can get that done.

I don't think people realize this, but if Bell gets moved to SSLB, FUJITA is the one who is going to lose his job.

David.
03-09-2005, 07:09 AM
I don't think people realize this, but if Bell gets moved to SSLB, FUJITA is the one who is going to lose his job.

precisely why I didn't want Bell

I love the fooj :(

Spott
03-09-2005, 07:10 AM

I think it's because he's just a little bit over 233 and just a tad under 235.

:p

Hammock Parties
03-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Boom! No more rollouts!

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/2105/bell26ij.gif

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Boom! No more rollouts!

repworthy

BigRedChief
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
we need a Planeteer to photoshop a Chiefs jersey on these pics.http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/972B18F20F3D4EDCA8670CABC57D23EF.JPG?