PDA

View Full Version : derrick Johnson

bricks
03-10-2005, 09:10 AM
It may seem crazy to some ppl, but, would anybody be satisfied if KC traded their lives away to get him in the upcoming draft? thoughts?

p.s. he's an awesome football player

petegz28
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I'd give up a few of our 11 picks this year for him.

Kyle401
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
I think our best bet is to hang tight at the #15. I still believe that either Johson, T. Davis, A. Jones, or A. Rolle will fall to us at that pick.

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Most pundits have Johnson ending up in Cleveland. Crenna wants him badly.

bricks
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I think our best bet is to hang tight at the #15. I still believe that either Johson, T. Davis, A. Jones, or A. Rolle will fall to us at that pick.

how about Channing crowder? Think he'll be available at #15? Wondering if anybody would want him. I'd like for us to draft a LB in round #1, and draft a corner in round #2. I think we could use another LB, I don't like Barber.

Gaz
03-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Check out Crowder’s injury history.

xoxo~
Gaz
Shying away from that one.

bricks
03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Most pundits have Johnson ending up in Cleveland. Crenna wants him badly.

I could see that happening. why did we have to go 7-9! :banghead:
i want Johnson.

bricks
03-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Check out Crowder’s injury history.

xoxo~
Gaz
Shying away from that one.

do you have a source, link? I'm too lazy to check:D

DaKCMan AP
03-10-2005, 10:06 AM
how about Channing crowder? Think he'll be available at #15? Wondering if anybody would want him. I'd like for us to draft a LB in round #1, and draft a corner in round #2. I think we could use another LB, I don't like Barber.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

and of Crowder's injury history I don't think there is anything to worry about. None of them have been recurring. He is an amazing playmaker and could come in and start for us right away.

Kyle401
03-10-2005, 10:51 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

and of Crowder's injury history I don't think there is anything to worry about. None of them have been recurring. He is an amazing playmaker and could come in and start for us right away.
Regardless I think his injury history will drop his stock much like Bell's decreased his value in FA. I think that if we target Crowder will will look to move down 8-10 spots and pick up an additional pick.

BTW, I think if we do end up with T. Davis we will move him back to LB.

Chiefnj
03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
With less than two years of college football experience, I don't think the kid is going to go in the first round.

DJ is a good prospect, but I don't think he's really a good tackler.

Gaz
03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Google “Channing Crowder” and wait for the hits to come in.
http://www.google.com/search?q=channing+crowder&sourceid=mozilla&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Channing Crowder is a rare case of a sophomore being eligible for the NFL draft. He is eligible because he has been out of high school for three years, having enrolled in school late due to his rehab from a knee injury he suffered in high school. Channing has a very interesting hobby. He enjoys practicing his tackling techniques by wrestling wild boar in his free time. He got off to a great start as a freshman, leading the team in tackles with 106 stops in 2003. He has good size and above average speed for a linebacker. Channing is an extremely tough player who can rush the passer and he is a real force against the run. He is a very smart player, with excellent instincts and he is a great leader on the field. Unfortunately Channing lacks the experience you would like to see in a linebacker coming out of college, having less than two years of experience at the University of Florida. Injury concerns and character issues could also be a cause for concern—He has had two major knee injuries and he tore some ligaments in his foot, causing him to miss a good portion of the 2004 season. He has had multiple arrests and was suspended for one game after one of the incidents. Channing has not yet reached his full potential and is one of the most talented linebackers to come out of college in recent memory. He should be a first round pick on draft day.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees too much downside.

siberian khatru
03-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Didn't Crowder play inside in college? Can he play outside for us with Bell in the middle?

buddha
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I think Johnson is a good enough tackler! He's an excellent LB, the type KC hasn't had for decades! I would move up to get him if you didn't have to go crazy to do it. He's the best LB in the draft and the best defensive player overall in my opinion...and I really dislike UT!

melbar
03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat. Best D player in the draft. That being said , He wont be there unless we pull off a deal with the Titans who dont want to pay the signing bonus for a #6 draft choice. By the way everything I've read says he is a tackling machine.
As a second option has anyone looked at Blackstock from WV? Set several sack records and has been working his but off to become one of the best tacklers in the draft. Built like DT...

DaKCMan AP
03-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Didn't Crowder play inside in college? Can he play outside for us with Bell in the middle?

He played ILB at UF. I think he could play ILB, MLB, or OLB in the NFL. He has size, speed and is a monster tackler. He's 6-2 about 240+ lbs. Yesterday was UF's pro-day and he ran a 4.7 40 had a 10 ft longjump and he scored a 30 on the wonderlic.