PDA

View Full Version : safety play

skky man
03-10-2005, 09:29 AM
I think wesley and woods had an off year, but our corner play was bad with the exception of warfield. If we add another corner that is a solid starter. Does anyone other than me think that the safety play will improve?

Warrior5
03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I think wesley and woods had an off year, but our corner play was bad with the exception of warfield. If we add another corner that is a solid starter. Does anyone other than me think that the safety play will improve?

Yes, as long as we add more than a CB.

bricks
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM

I don't think so. I think the Chiefs are doing the right thing by looking for one.

bricks
03-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Our safeties were a big big disappointment last year, even with a new CB, I still think it is a position of need on our team.

Kclee
03-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I could easily see Wesley having a better year than last year. It wouldn't be too hard to improve from last year. Woods... ? I would be surprised if he had a good year. I'm not against bringing someone else in.

Rick
03-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Woods has lost too much speed from breaking his leg. No way do quality safeties repeatedly get burnt deep in a cover two zone. I'd like to see Bartee and/or Battle take a spot (if capable).

DeepSouth
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
I think Woods will be back.

Supposedly, Woods got hurt and placed on IR.

What I think happened;

Woods; Damn Gun, I'm having to cover the entire field behind the line of scrimage. Our freaking Linebackers really suck.

Gun: Romey, don't talk about your teammates like that.

Woods, But Gun, it's the truth. If the truth hurts, that's too freaking bad.

Gun, Oh yeah. Well, guess what, you're benched until further notice.