PDA

View Full Version : Ali and KU fans

Brando
03-10-2005, 11:00 AM
This story was linked up on a Syracuse site, but I thought I would share it with you guys since it mentions KU too.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7141844/

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 11:14 AM
This KU team is inconsistent. They might go out a dud or turn around and make a great run all the way to the finals .

I do expect the 4 seniors to go out fighting hard....

HC_Chief
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM
KU's problem is at the 2-guard position. There has no consistency there. Langford is more of a 3. Miles can move and dish, but he's a typical point: more about assists than points. Without a consistent 2-guard, KU will be lucky to make it to the FF.

Brando
03-10-2005, 11:19 AM
KU's problem is at the 2-guard position. There has no consistency there. Langford is more of a 3. Miles can move and dish, but he's a typical point: more about assists than points. Without a consistent 2-guard, KU will be lucky to make it to the FF.

I will agree that KU has their weaknesses but everyone seems to this year. I'm not even completely sold on Illinois yet. It's going to be one helluva a tourney this year.

HC_Chief
03-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I will agree that KU has their weaknesses but everyone seems to this year. I'm not even completely sold on Illinois yet. It's going to be one helluva a tourney this year.

I dunno - Illinois is awfully tough... and I think that loss to OSU is excatly what they needed: a reality check prior to the tourney - takes some pressure off.

UNC, I hate to say, looks like the team to beat. I loved that offense when Roy was here, and it's clicking on all cylinders in Chapel Hill. The way to beat Roy is to play tough D and disrupt the offensive rythmn. If you can do that, you can beat him and his squad. It takes a concerted effort - your team has to play exceptionally well, and you HAVE TO HIT YOUR FREE THROWS (does not bode well for KU).

OSU (Okie State) scares the crap out of me.

The rest, KU can take if they're on their game. UK, Duke, BC, Wake - none of them strike fear in me.

Bearcat
03-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Wake Forest beat UNC in a shootout, and teams like Duke (especially in the first game) and UCONN (despite losing) have been able to distrupt UNC's offense.

UNC is this year's TJ Ford. Good, but terribly, terribly overrated. They're obviously talented enough to make it to the Final Four, but I think there will be more upsets as usual this year... there will be a lot of dangerous 4/5/6 seeds. I'd love for them to pull a Maryland, TTech, Georgia Tech for their 8/9 matchup in the second round and lose :D

I agree with the article... I love the ACC tournament, and this year will be paying attention to Georgia Tech and Maryland, to see how they're playing going into the tournament.

With the Big 12 tourament being late on Sunday, I think KU just has to make it to Sunday... if they lose Friday... :deevee:

Brando
03-10-2005, 11:53 AM
My sleeper specials have to be Florida, 'Bama, and 'Nova. I think those three could make a lot of noise in the next few weeks.

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm think we are getting a 2 seed unless we get to the XII championship game, then a 1 is slim.Alot has to do with other conference tourneys.

We lose our 1st game with Keith out, we get a 3 seed in the tourney.

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
My sleeper specials have to be Florida, 'Bama, and 'Nova. I think those three could make a lot of noise in the next few weeks.

Florida is not that good away from home.

Alabama ....the same, they lost to KY at home

Villanova has showed it can shoot lights out and play tough, but where were they all year after beating KU. They never really used that win to excell against other teams. But we all know they can get hot at any moment.

HC_Chief
03-10-2005, 12:55 PM
If Nova shoots like they did against KU, they could go VERY far in the tourney. Heck, they could be the next Syracuse: okay season, get hot at the right time and ride the momentum to a title.

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
If Nova shoots like they did against KU, they could go VERY far in the tourney. Heck, they could be the next Syracuse: okay season, get hot at the right time and ride the momentum to a title.

As much as they were, KU played one of the most uninspired games of the season.

But Nova can play when it's on.

Brando
03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Does someone want to tell West Virginia that a team full of white guys shouldn't be winning games this late in the year?

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Does someone want to tell West Virginia that a team full of white guys shouldn't be winning games this late in the year?

They are a suprise to say the least, but they will fold.

What's up with SU ?

teedubya
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Thank you Mr. Brando. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Brando
03-10-2005, 02:14 PM

What's up with SU ?
When they decide to play basketball they are very strong. But they fall apart against more physical teams like UConn and Pitt. They end up playing playground ball. Makes me want to slam my nuts in a vice.

BTW ALi..you are very welcome sir!

ROYC75
03-10-2005, 02:47 PM

What's up with SU ?

And just like that, West Virginia thumps Boston College out of conf. play !

Bearcat
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Maryland lost to CLEMSON?!?!?!

Serious motivation issues :shake:

Brando
03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Maryland lost to CLEMSON?!?!?!

Serious motivation issues :shake:

Gilcrest (sp) was out I think. I hate the GayCC anyways.