PDA

View Full Version : Liver Rehab

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I like to clean the ol liver out every so often so I quit for awhile and take Milk Thisle with Dandelion root. It takes at least 30 days to do it right and this Saturday will be 2 weeks. I also want to do a full colon cleansing with this special kit Dr. Shultze makes, it's supposed to be the best. Problem is I can't get the supplies for at least a week and it takes a month to complete the program. During this time you can eat nothing but fruits and vegies. During this time I will supplement with 100% predigested whey protein so I don't shrink up. Problem is if I do this it will put me close to 2 months without a drink, pretty tuff stuff. A beer sure is sounding good about now. :p

What's the longest you have went voluntarily without drinking? I am not talking about you quitters either.

MichaelH
03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
I went 2 1/2 weeks two summers ago.

I was thinking I may be interested in this cleansing too. What kind of milk thistle with dandelion mixture do I need?

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I went 2 1/2 weeks two summers ago.

Outstanding!!!

I am giving myself a couple more weeks and then I am going to start looking for some treats for when I come off.

JimNasium
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
According to my watch it's been approximately 14 hours.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I eventually quit turning down their offers.

So you have been sober now for how long?

Hydrae
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Not much of a drinker. Have not had a beer since the season ended and probably only had 1 or two the entire season.

Now as to taking a toke, I have gone 6 months or more. Usually an every day thing just like the "norm" with drinking. :shrug:

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Not much of a drinker. Have not had a beer since the season ended and probably only had 1 or two the entire season.

Now as to taking a toke, I have gone 6 months or more. Usually an every day thing just like the "norm" with drinking. :shrug:

Well your situation is a bit different. You gotta keep your body properly hydraeted. ROFL

Oh man that was really bad.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:46 PM
You see what alcohol withdrawal can do to a man?

ROFL

seclark
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
i've had 3beers in the last 2months. that's after averaging about 6 pack of beer a day for the last 22 years.

sec

seclark
03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
How the DTs treatin' ya?
not so bad after the 3rd day...
sec

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:54 PM
i've had 3beers in the last 2months. that's after averaging about 6 pack of beer a day for the last 22 years.

sec

I don't know how in the heck you and Hydrae watched the Superbowl without knocking some down. I would have to be incarcerated for that to happen.

eff the donkeys
03-10-2005, 01:54 PM
I find being unemployed and drinking go great together.

seclark
03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't know how in the heck you and Hydrae watched the Superbowl without knocking some down. I would have to be incarcerated for that to happen.
i was on the highway, so i guess i had that going for me.
sec

HemiEd
03-10-2005, 01:56 PM
I think that I went three consecutive days a few years ago :rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
i was on the highway, so i guess i had that going for me.
sec

How did you watch the game and the traffic at the same time? You must be pretty talented.

morphius
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Damn, I'm trying to remember the last time I had a drink...

I think it was tailgating before the Donx game that Dante scored with the return.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
You didn't have anything to drink at Joe's party? Sheesh, how could you stand the rest of us drunk assholes?

See now that would be hard situation to not drink, call me a cab. Wish I had been there.

morphius
03-10-2005, 02:07 PM
You didn't have anything to drink at Joe's party? Sheesh, how could you stand the rest of us drunk assholes?
I almost had a drink there, but I was so damn tired it probably would have put me to sleep. I think I have 15 Mt Dews that day and wasn't in the slightest bit jittery.

As for dealing with drunk people, I'm used to it. First job was at a bowling alley, and in HS I was always the driver.

eff the donkeys
03-10-2005, 02:13 PM
My brother's 21st birthday was the day of that fateful victory over the donkeys. Having technically turned 21 at midnight, he had already consumed plenty of congratulatory shots before our pre-game nap. Once inside arrowhead, more was consumed, and by the time of the runback, he decided he was allowed to sit down. Not so. After being chided and abused by his brother, he stood up about twenty seconds before Dante caught the ball.Who knows what could have happened if he'd remained seated? Moral? Drink what you want, but if you sit down on the Chiefs, watch your ass. If we lose, it is your fault.

Iowanian
03-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I didn't touch a drop for 2 years in college because my guts were bothering me so much. I made up for that both before, and after.

Drank alot of O'doules type stuff from 21-23

As for Clensing of the colon........There are only 2 things that will do that for me under My watch.
1. Intestinal Virus(see sunday-tuesday)
2. Cheap beer

NewChief
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
I think the longest I've gone in probably the last 10 years is maybe a week, and that was probably because I went home to see my parents or something (before I drank around them.)

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I didn't touch a drop for 2 years in college because my guts were bothering me so much. I made up for that both before, and after.

Drank alot of O'doules type stuff from 21-23

As for Clensing of the colon........There are only 2 things that will do that for me under My watch.
1. Intestinal Virus(see sunday-tuesday)
2. Cheap beer

Speaking of your guts, how are you getting along with them these days?

Iowanian
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Quite a bit better than a few months, but I still have to moderate the booze and stress.

It could definitely be a lot worse...........and in truth, its probably best that I've hAD do moderate....Kept me out of alot of trouble over the last few years.

Bootlegged
03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
1yr. damn side effects.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Milk Thisle and Dandelion root? Are you rehabbing your liver or getting in touch with your inner gay?

I'm a really sporadic drinker now. I might drink 3 or 4 nights in a row, then not touch the stuff for two months.

Iowanian
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
F*ck it. It's worth it for the story.

I tried that for years.........But eventually, you learn that 1 "bender" that could give you a hangover, would make me barf every time I ate and spit blood for a month.

tried it. Its over rated.

BigVE
03-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Big Daddy: Why the concern about cleaning out your liver? The only people I know of that worry about that on an oddly consistent basis are the guys at the gym that are pumping so much crap into thier veins that they HAVE to worry about thier liver. I drink over a gallon of water per day and although its mainly the KIDNEYS that get the "cleaning" (piss 3 times per hour sometimes) I know it does the rest of the body good too.

BigVE
03-10-2005, 03:30 PM
I guess I should answer the question instead of just asking a question: I am an occasional drinker. Sometimes I will go a couple of weeks without drinking then other times I will polish off a 30 pack like I was about to die of dehydration. To be honest it usually depends on WHO Im hanging around with on the weekends.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 03:38 PM
I was foolin' around with a gal for awhile... first time she spent the night with me, next day she was really sick. I really think that's all that needs to be said.

Iowanian
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
The Stories thing is nice to a point, but I can tell you that someday you're going to get married, and someday you'll have your wife around some of your HS-College Aquaintences.......and for some fargin reason, the heifers you never boffed, are going to start telling stories she doesn't want to hear on you.

I did enough from 15-28 to give me all the sitting around the campire "well, there I was" stories I need. I've got some great stuff, that I'll never share over the internet where it can be documented.

maybe at a bar night somewhere along the way.....

BigVE
03-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Sheezus, I like getting f*cked up as much as the next guy (okay, a little more than the next guy maybe), but at what cost? Partying a few hours for a day full of vomiting? No f-in thanks. Start smoking weed or find something else that doesn't make you hate life.

Ugh...thats how I feel about HARD liquor. The 3 worst nights of the past 3 years have all started with a bad mixture of too many different forms of hard liquor. I can handle my beer, but Im not man enough for the hard stuff if its more than one or two drinks. Yuck, can still feel the last hangover just abit.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Big Daddy: Why the concern about cleaning out your liver? The only people I know of that worry about that on an oddly consistent basis are the guys at the gym that are pumping so much crap into thier veins that they HAVE to worry about thier liver. I drink over a gallon of water per day and although its mainly the KIDNEYS that get the "cleaning" (piss 3 times per hour sometimes) I know it does the rest of the body good too.

I drink too much man, WAY too much sometimes. This is just a way of cleansing it better. The liver has an amazing ability to regenerate and the supps just help out. MT & DL come in the same capsule and are not very expensive either. If I knew I would be off so long I probably wouldn't have ordered it.

I had diverticulitous a week ago and so I know I should clean the colon out, I never have before. You get in your 40s you just have to start doing the annual. All this combined with a recent shoulder injury has me down to 219 pounds these days. I am looking forward to summer and getting through this so I can bulk up a bit. Hell my waistline is almost 32" now. I haven't been there since I was 18.

Brando
03-10-2005, 03:57 PM
I fully expected some humor at that point.

Another kinda funny thing about that gal... one night we're at a buddy of mine's place, and he breaks out some bud. She flips. "You guys smoke weed?!!?" Brief discussion ensues... we ask her objection to it... "It's illegal!"

Of course, she was 20 at the time and had no problems with drinking in bars.

You should have realized at that point that she wouldn't take it in the dook. That's when you should have bounced my man.

BigVE
03-10-2005, 03:58 PM
My wallet is the one that has a hard time w/ hard liquor. Cause, you know... each drink is more expensive at the bar usually... I put them down quicker than beer... then there's bail...

Uh huh...the stories, oh boy the stories I could tell. $$$$$ is a big factor here too, not worth it at all. Although, some brands of tequila are fairly cheap yet the after effects are quite similar. ooohh my head

BigVE
03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I drink too much man, WAY too much sometimes. This is just a way of cleansing it better. The liver has an amazing ability to regenerate and the supps just help out. MT & DL come in the same capsule and are not very expensive either. If I knew I would be off so long I probably wouldn't have ordered it.

I had diverticulitous a week ago and so I know I should clean the colon out, I never have before. You get in your 40s you just have to start doing the annual. All this combined with a recent shoulder injury has me down to 219 pounds these days. I am looking forward to summer and getting through this so I can bulk up a bit. Hell my waistline is almost 32" now. I haven't been there since I was 18.

diverticulitous...isnt that the technical term for the clap?? j/k sorry to hear your having some problems. Your getting quite puny it sounds like. \_/ Here's to recovery!

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:03 PM
BTW I love liquor as ENDO can attest. He got a couple half cases for the game and I got a half gallon of vodka. He's like, "and I thought I was the alchoholic"

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:05 PM
diverticulitous...isnt that the technical term for the clap?? j/k sorry to hear your having some problems. Your getting quite puny it sounds like. \_/ Here's to recovery!

The fun part is shopping for what your going to drink. The bad part is trying to not over do it when your tolerance level is on the floor. If you don't that's where you'll end up.

BigVE
03-10-2005, 04:06 PM
BigD...sounds like you need to find a new "fix".

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
I just can't drink like I used to. Hits me a lot harder now. Bourbon especially (which used to be my favorite). Usually when I do drink it's clear liquors now (gin/rum), because it's easier on me the next day. Oh to be 18 again.

Brando
03-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't think I ever even tried to poke her in the butt. She was only 20... things were still in really good shape down there. Hell, her puss was as tight as the stinky hole of another girl I was poking at the time.
Without anal there can be no donkey punch. Without donkey punch there can be no love.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I just can't drink like I used to. Hits me a lot harder now. Bourbon especially (which used to be my favorite). Usually when I do drink it's clear liquors now (gin/rum), because it's easier on me the next day. Oh to be 18 again.

High end vodka, blacked out the night before and ready to rock the next morning. I do have a special place for a lot of different liquors though. The only thing I hate is gin.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Buying a 1.75 of vodka? Not that big a deal.

Just pouring it over ice and drinking it straight at 10am? Yeah, I'm not quite to that level yet.

You don't know what your missing. :drool:

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 04:15 PM
High end vodka, blacked out the night before and ready to rock the next morning. I do have a special place for a lot of different liquors though. The only thing I hate is gin.I'm a big fan of Bombay Sapphire, but it's not something you can drink straight. Or not something I can drink straight, at least. Vodka's probably my least favorite, had some bad experiences with bad vodka in college. I tend to like cocktail's most these days, no more straight liquor. None of that foofy shit, though.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I frequently go a couple weeks without thinking about it. I don't drink much around the home. Never have. Have to be entertaining or out before I'll make a point to get some alcohol.

Course, there are exceptions. But I'm not much of an alchy. Hope I'm not disappointing anybody's image of me. ;)

Brando
03-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Bombay Sapphire, but it's not something you can drink straight. Or not something I can drink straight, at least. Vodka's probably my least favorite, had some bad experiences with bad vodka in college. I tend to like cocktail's most these days, no more straight liquor. None of that foofy shit, though.
Get a huge jar of olives. Pour out the olive juice and fill it with the bombay. You can make some awesome gin martinis with that shiat.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
I bet I could drink enough high dollar vodka to feel like shit the next day. I don't plan on testing it anytime soon, tho... unless someone else is buying.

While back I went to the bar on a Friday night and decided to just drink vodka tonics all night. (Skyy, IIRC, as Skyy & tonics were $3 a pop at that particular bar). Had 18 of 'em (apparently I'm not only still able to read my credit card receipt, but also do division at that point). The next day was less than pleasant.

**** Sky, Kettle One won't hurt ya and either will Grey Goose. Kettle one is the best deal going for vodka bar none. That's what I drank at the game.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Hope I'm not disappointing anybody's image of me.Oh, it's not a shock. Ever since the pink socks revelation, we've all assumed you and overhead get together regularly to play with your dollies and tea set.Get a huge jar of olives. Pour out the olive juice and fill it with the bombay. You can make some awesome gin martinis with that shiat.Never happen. I think olives are the most disgusting thing ever contrived.

BigVE
03-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Isnt Vodka the one that you cant smell on your breath? (at least not until your puking...?)

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:24 PM
I frequently go a couple weeks without thinking about it. I don't drink much around the home. Never have. Have to be entertaining or out before I'll make a point to get some alcohol.

Course, there are exceptions. But I'm not much of an alchy. Hope I'm not disappointing anybody's image of me. ;)

Hey wait a minute, how bout all thoses vodka martini's you knocked back at that Bazillian restaurant? :hmmm:

Brando
03-10-2005, 04:27 PM

I always figured you for more of a chronic masturbator. I prefer to dable in both realms myself.

BIG_DADDY
Isnt Vodka the one that you cant smell on your breath? (at least not until your puking...?)

That's the one!!! :thumb:

One more thing ENDO, don't mix it with anything that's what's giving you the hangover. Put it over ice with a twist baby, trust me on this one.

CosmicPal
I can go a few days without drinking, but choose not to.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Haha... yeah, the liquor has nothing to do with it.

Just try it dude, your killing me. What have you got to lose a hangover? It's not like your going to stop drinking.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Tell ya what... next time we go out drinking together, I'll drink whatever you drink all night long.

Done

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey wait a minute, how bout all thoses vodka martini's you knocked back at that Bazillian restaurant? :hmmm:

I doubt that was me. I drink quality beer. I'm sure I was knocking back some brown ale there. I think I may have had a martini with you that night, but I think Jamie was drinking them pretty heavily.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Tell ya what... next time we go out drinking together, I'll drink whatever you drink all night long.

Don't agree to that if the next time you hang out with him is going to be the next 37 Forever Banquet. I have a venue in mind that is going to kick ass, but you'll probably wanna be drinking the beer.

MOhillbilly
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
i went acouple weeks (3 or so) to get me off the hard drinking. My girl said it made me meaner then when im whiskey drunk but shes so ****in passive aggresive WTF does she know.

I tied one on (evan williams) and backed into her car last night w/ the truck.
:rolleyes:
ya im a winner & the ladies line up to see me.:shake:

MOhillbilly
03-10-2005, 04:52 PM
She shoulda known better than to have her car parked there in the first place.

Broads.

haha.

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 05:08 PM
If BD plans to come to the 37 Forever weekend, we can pick a night other than the banquet night for him to try to kill me.

Amen :)

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
but I think Jamie was drinking them pretty heavily.

Yea that Jamie is an alchy, he could use some liver rehab too.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 05:48 PM
I wasn't going to drink tonight, but all this liquor talk...

Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 06:47 PM

Just make it a nice weeknight drink. Some Makers Mark Gold and a nice cigar sounds peachy!!! :drool:

I'm killing myself here, time to run that dog.

Inspector
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
We have a drink on new years eve...sometimes.

About 20+ years ago we had my brother and wife over for new years eve and bought a bottle of Rum to make some sort of blender - sugar drink. At the end of the night we hadn't even gotten below the neck of the bottle.

The next summer I found the bottle in the cabinet abover the fridge about half empty. That's when we still had kids at home. I told them they should have filled it with water to cover their tracks.

Hopefully they have learned the tricks by now.

And yeah, I'm not a drinker. Just tea, grape juice and water. Don't even drink pop. I'm the life of the party - wooohooo....

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 07:32 PM
We have a drink on new years eve...sometimes.

About 20+ years ago we had my brother and wife over for new years eve and bought a bottle of Rum to make some sort of blender - sugar drink. At the end of the night we hadn't even gotten below the neck of the bottle.

The next summer I found the bottle in the cabinet abover the fridge about half empty. That's when we still had kids at home. I told them they should have filled it with water to cover their tracks.

Hopefully they have learned the tricks by now.

And yeah, I'm not a drinker. Just tea, grape juice and water. Don't even drink pop. I'm the life of the party - wooohooo....

My dad moved out when I was 11 and he had a massive liquor cabinet. By the time he checked it a couple years later half of it was gone and the other half was deluted like a MO. I started drinking at 11 and never looked back. Some might say I have a problem. ROFL

MichaelH
03-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Yeah really! I stopped at the supermarket for some things for the wife and ended up buying a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada and a Fosters oilcan for the ride. Bastards! :)

Rausch
03-10-2005, 07:40 PM
About 6 months...

KC Kings
03-10-2005, 07:49 PM
High end vodka, blacked out the night before and ready to rock the next morning. I do have a special place for a lot of different liquors though. The only thing I hate is gin.

I used to drink a ton of vodka when I was in the Navy, and was working 12/12's. I never drank it straight but a little vodka and 7up while on duty, so it wouldn't be detectable on my breath.

KC Kings
03-10-2005, 07:53 PM

Who needs all the medical gimics? 30 pills a day for 2 months just to cleanse your colon? Just go to a Boy Scout all you can eat pancake breakfast. There is no chit strong enough to withstand the colon cleansing power of 6 stacks of pancakes, with extra syrup. ;)

Bob Dole
03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Cleanse the liver? Bah!

Bob Dole takes pride in knowing that his giant, greasy, alcohol-soaked liver constitutes 70% of Bob Dole's body mass.

Rausch
03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
I started drinking at 11 and never looked back. Some might say I have a problem. ROFL

You mean like 2 hands and only 1 mouth?...

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
About 6 months...

Wow, that's impressive. What brought that on?

You mean like 2 hands and only 1 mouth?...

Exactly. thank god I only have one mouth or I would probably be dead.

Cleanse the liver? Bah!

Bob Dole takes pride in knowing that his giant, greasy, alcohol-soaked liver constitutes 70% of Bob Dole's body mass.
NICE!!! :thumb:

Inspector
03-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Liver with onions is good.

And farve beans too, I hear....

Delano
03-10-2005, 10:03 PM
And farve beans too, I hear....

WTF are Farve beans? Painkillers or something?

tommykat
03-10-2005, 10:04 PM
18 plus yrs.......then divorce...:Lin: and hit it again.......then stopped for 3 years. Now? Just bored is my reason....sad huh?:deevee:

BIG_DADDY
03-11-2005, 10:38 AM
18 plus yrs.......then divorce...:Lin: and hit it again.......then stopped for 3 years. Now? Just bored is my reason....sad huh?:deevee:

Wait a minute weren't you drunk out of your mind about 3 months back on the BB at night? :hmmm: I'm trying to remember what you were drinking that night.