PDA

View Full Version : good shutdown monitoring program?

Mr. Laz
03-10-2005, 10:44 PM
i know of some programs that monitor you boot speed and looks for problems. You can also have windows load so you can check each step and look for problems manually.

but i got a program that's causing my computer to hang during shutdown.

it's not a huge hang... but clearly a program is being forced to close and it's causing a bit of a shutdown delay.

any decent programs out there that show your shutdown by speeds etc and will tell me which program is hanging?

preferably free :thumb:

thanks in advance

Mr. Laz
03-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I assume you've already tried opening the task manager and shutting down everything manually one by one and were unable to recreate the issue?

i've tried several and gotten no results

Realbaddog
03-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Check out this site for some good utils...........there are several programs that work well, and they are freeware, good stuff.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml

It's a safe site........

By the way, I'm a long time lurker (reader) but rarely post..

Hope this helps you!

Kerberos
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
go into your startup and shut off everything that doesn't need to be running on start up .... that is unless you have already tried that ?

Cliff

Realbaddog
03-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Check out this site for some good utils...........there are several programs that work well, and they are freeware, good stuff.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml

It's a safe site........

By the way, I'm a long time lurker (reader) but rarely post..

Hope this helps you!

If I recall correctly, I found this site from someone who posted the info here or another forum that I monitor.............(AVSForum) there are some very good utillity programs there.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
If I recall correctly, I found this site from someone who posted the info here or another forum that I monitor.............(AVSForum) there are some very good utillity programs there.

i've been to the AVSForum... good site.

thanks for the link :)

Realbaddog
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Laz: Let me know if you find what you need. I will check back later.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Laz: Let me know if you find what you need. I will check back later.

nope ... didn't find anything really

but it must be a windows or hardware problem because i turned freaking everything off ... even uninstalled some stuff.

nada

but thanks for link... i'm saving it for later :)

Realbaddog
03-11-2005, 11:19 PM
nope ... didn't find anything really

but it must be a windows or hardware problem because i turned freaking everything off ... even uninstalled some stuff.

nada

but thanks for link... i'm saving it for later :)

Hummmmmm, if its Windows related, you might try this site: http://www.blackviper.com/

This guy has all kinds of guides to turn off Windows running programs and tells you what they do and why you might want to turn them off.......worth a try.................it has worked for me.

Redcoats58
03-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Go to run and type msconfig and then uncheck load start up group items. Restart your computer then shut it down again and see if it is still hanging.