PDA

View Full Version : Official KU vs KSU game thread , Big XII Tourney game....

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:39 AM
OK, lets get this game going...... 3rd time this year, KU win streak still in full stride.

I'm 1 - 0 on starting game threads, KU over KSU @ Lawrence.

This game has extra meaning for me, my sister works at the KSU campus, he husband is a big Kitty fan as well. They use to rub the shit at me in football till this year, Oh man, what revenge. That's what they are seeking in basketball, along with the 12,002 ( was 12,001 until my niece had a kid ) Kitty fans across the country ! ...... :D ( pun intended)

:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Resolute Hawkins resurrects KU career

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11104191.htm

LAWRENCE — Even in the pits of his college career, Jeff Hawkins figured someone would wash his socks.

That's all Hawkins wanted one evening last September. Two weeks deep into his suspension from the Kansas basketball squad, Hawkins sauntered into the Jayhawks' locker room after a few hours of shooting — alone on a dark Allen Fieldhouse court.

Hawkins showered and changed. On his way to the door, he tried to hand his bag of sweaty laundry to a KU manager.

“Sorry,” Hawkins was told. “We're not allowed to help you anymore.”

Six months later, Hawkins can't tell the story without grimacing and shaking his head. He's slouched at a secluded corner table at Tanner's, where he's come for a quick bite before the Jayhawks' workout in preparation for the Big 12 tournament.

Hawkins, a seldom-used reserve junior guard from Sumner Academy who averages just 2.1 points a game, knows he could end up in the national limelight this weekend. An ankle sprain probably will keep Keith Langford, the team's second-leading scorer, out of tonight's quarterfinal game against Kansas State.

If Hawkins doesn't start, he's sure to be the first guard off the bench.

“This is a big opportunity for Jeff,” KU coach Bill Self said. “It's his chance to really make an impact. This kid … I'm telling you, he's come a long way.”

Wayne Simien is on his way to winning All-America honors; Aaron Miles has broken KU's all-time assists record. But in a different, goose-bumpy kind of way, Hawkins' 2004-05 season has been just as much of a success.

Listen to him long enough, and it's clear the most riveting part of Hawkins' tale isn't about where he is — but where he's been.

The missed classes and curfews that factored into his suspension from the team. The nights he holed up in a movie theater because he was too ashamed to face his classmates. The times he listened over the phone as his mother, Addye, cried and cried. That part hurt the worst.

He'd disappointed her. He'd disappointed himself.

Hawkins dips a chicken finger into a bowl of honey mustard and leans forward, his elbows on the wooden table.

“Have you ever woken up in the morning, laid there in bed and thought, ‘Who am I, and what's my purpose in life right now?'.” Hawkins said. “That was me for a long, long time. I was a lost soul, just floating around out there looking for something.

“But I didn't know what.”

Jeff Hawkins isn't big on Voltaire. But as he sits in his Western Civilization class, bouncing his foot impatiently off the camel-colored carpet, Hawkins is doing his best to pay attention to a lecture about the influential philosopher.

The students surrounding Hawkins probably wouldn't guess that he's on pace to graduate in May, that he was a national-merit semifinalist back at Sumner Academy or that he spent his first season at KU on an academic — and not an athletic — scholarship.

For a long time, Hawkins said, he made a routine of leaving class immediately after roll had been taken. His grades were decent but certainly not on a par with those he made in high school.

Hawkins took other shortcuts, too. He said he sometimes broke curfew on nights leading up to games. When he went to clubs on weekends, he'd strut past the hundreds of people waiting in line, slap fives with the bouncer and walk in without paying the cover charge — just because he was a KU basketball player.

When Hawkins was pulled over for speeding a few years ago, the officer recognized him, wished him luck and didn't write him a ticket.

“I thought because I was on the basketball team, I could do anything I want and get away with it,” Hawkins said. “I felt like I was untouchable.”

Even the most humble, grounded athletes will say they fight inner battles to control their own egos. Hawkins, though, said he struggled more than most. And he wasn't even one of KU's stars.

“I used to walk with my chest out a little bit,” Hawkins said. “I'd walk real slowly, just so everyone knew I was coming. I could be a jerk sometimes. It's tough to look back on, really. I had this great opportunity in front of me — the opportunity to play for Kansas — and I was taking it for granted.”

Things began to worsen for Hawkins on the court, too.

Because Kansas was stocked with guards, former coach Roy Williams persuaded Hawkins to redshirt his first season in Lawrence. He averaged just 5.7 minutes a game the following year, which ended with Williams bolting for North Carolina.

Hawkins was excited about getting off to a fresh start when Self took over the program He won a starting spot in KU's first exhibition game and was a court regular during the non-conference portion of the Jayhawks' schedule.

But Hawkins' game began to fade shortly after a 19-point effort against TCU. Rarely did he see the court during the Big 12 portion of last season, in which he shot just 19.6 percent from three-point range.

“He was starting not to love the game,” said Buzzy Caruthers, a close friend and former teammate at Sumner Academy. “He'd go back and forth about whether he wanted to do it anymore. Sometimes he'd act mad about not playing. But other times, I'm not sure if he even cared.”

Jeff Hawkins said he'll never forget the grave tone in Bill Self's voice that day back in August, when Self left a message on Hawkins' cell phone.

“He said he needed to see me in his office immediately,” Hawkins said. “I could tell he wasn't calling me there to tell me I'd won an award. I remember calling my brother and saying, ‘Man, I've got a bad feeling about this.' ”

Hawkins sat silently across from Self as the coach read to his parents a list of all his missteps in the preceding months: the missed classes and curfews, the poor work ethic, the laziness. Floyd and Addye Hawkins knew things hadn't always been smooth for their boy, but never did they realize the magnitude of his problems.

Hawkins won't reveal the final straw that prompted Self to suspend him that day — “I'd rather leave that as a blur,” he says now — but it was enough to bring tears to his mother's eyes.

“She was crying and saying, ‘This isn't how I raised you. All we tried to do is be good parents,' ” Hawkins said.

“It made me feel horrible. I kept telling them it wasn't their fault, that they had taught me wrong from right. I told them what I did, I did on my own. I took responsibility.”

After the meeting Addye gave Jeff a hug.

“We'll always be a family no matter what,” she told him. “Whether you're on the team or not, we're always going to love you.”

Hawkins left Allen Fieldhouse that afternoon not knowing whether he'd ever wear a Jayhawk uniform again. Self told him that his future was iffy at best and that he would help him and wish him well should he decide to transfer.

At that point, Self recalls Hawkins' making a comment that would ultimately decide his future at Kansas.

“He looked me dead in the eye and said, ‘I don't want to transfer. I want to be here,' ” Self said. “That stuck with me. That said something.”

When the Jayhawks left for their exhibition tour of Canada in September, Hawkins remained in Lawrence. He went to watch one of the scrimmages on the Memorial Stadium video board, but fans kept asking about his status with the team. Embarrassed, Hawkins left at halftime.

“I wasn't motivated to do anything,” Hawkins said. “I didn't answer any of my calls for a while. All I did was sit around and think. Here I was with this great opportunity, and now I realized it might be gone.”

Self could have easily booted Hawkins off the team without affecting the overall makeup of the squad. Along with starters Aaron Miles, Keith Langford and J.R. Giddens, the Jayhawks were loaded with backup guards: Michael Lee, Alex Galindo, Russell Robinson and Nick Bahe.

But the way Self sees it, coaches have responsibilities that lie deeper than just winning games and recruiting good players. Self realizes he's in a position to mold impressionable kids into men, to make them not only stronger players but stronger people.

“If we didn't want him around, we had enough ammunition to where his leaving wouldn't have hurt us that bad,” Self said. “I don't think anything that Jeff was doing was mean-spirited or intended to create a stir.

“He just wasn't being responsible. He wasn't giving himself the chance to be successful. You can take basketball out of it. Jeff was hurting Jeff from that standpoint.”

Self reinstated Hawkins shortly before the team's first official practice Oct. 15. When Hawkins entered the locker room, Lee had written a message on the dry erase board: “Welcome back J-Hawk,” it read.

Hawkins was told he'd be at the bottom of the pecking order off the bench — even behind walk-ons Stephen Vinson and Matt Kleinmann. When teammates made a good play in practice, they were congratulated by KU's coaches. But when Hawkins made a “no-look pass off the backboard,” he said no one uttered a word.

Hawkins didn't care, though. He was back where he belonged.

“For a while I felt like I couldn't talk to the coaches, because I knew they all still had negative thoughts about me,” Hawkins said. “But I just kept working hard.”

In January, Hawkins entered the film room to grab a bottle of Gatorade.

“Coach Self was in there, and he said, ‘Hawk, you've been practicing well. You've had a real positive attitude the last couple of weeks.'

“When I walked out I was like ‘Yes!' I wasn't invisible anymore. I had finally gotten an ear out of the doghouse. My whole body wasn't out yet, but at least I was smelling some fresh air.”

Jeff Hawkins is headed to class at KU's Pearson Hall. He walks up the hill on Sunnyside Drive, past the bookstore and the sorority houses on West Campus Road.

Watch the way he moves.

The arrogant swagger has been replaced by brisk, businesslike strides, like a stock broker marching down Wall Street.

Remember how Hawkins used to sport an afro — with a protruding hair pick — as a sophomore and braids earlier this season? Today Hawkins' look is anything but unkept. His hair is neatly cropped, his face clean shaven. He's the kid you hope asks your daughter to prom.

“I figured if I cut my hair Coach would accept me a little bit more,” Hawkins said. “I know all people with braids don't do bad things, but (people with braids) do have a negative stereotype. I just wanted a fresh, new look.

“I wanted to start over.”

Manager Tegan Thornberry honks her horn as she passes Hawkins at an intersection. He waves and flashes a toothy grin. These days he smiles a lot.

After four years of school, Hawkins is set to get his communications degree in May. Then it's on to grad school at Kansas. Hawkins is obsessed with being an entrepreneur. He says he has lists of potential businesses he hopes to start someday — but don't ask him to be specific.

“I don't want anyone stealing my ideas,” he chuckles.

All of that can wait. The only thought on Hawkins' mind now is tonight's game against Kansas State. Without Langford, KU will need Hawkins to play a prominent role.

After spending the first half of the season at the end of the bench, Hawkins has moved ahead of Robinson on the depth chart and is now one of KU's most reliable reserves.

Next season he'll hopes to compete for a starting position or perhaps be KU's top overall reserve.

It will be rewarding, he said, to see his parents in the Kemper Arena stands tonight and know that what he's done has made them proud.

And when Self says, “Good job,” he realizes the compliment has a deeper meaning now.

“Deep down, I hope he knows how much I appreciate him for giving me the chance to make the most of my life,” Hawkins said. “He could've easily said, ‘Screw him. I'm going to kick him off the team and make him find out what life's all about the hard way.'

“But coach Self didn't do that. Instead he gave me the chance to become a man.”

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Moody inspires fans, teammates
Walk-on's attitude as positive as his play this season

http://www.kusports.com/news/mens_basketball/story/113598

By Ryan Greene, Journal-World Sports Writer

Friday, March 11, 2005

Quick, name the greatest walk-on player in the history of college basketball.

If you ask CBS analyst Billy Packer, it's Kansas University junior Christian Moody -- college basketball's "Rudy." And Packer made sure the rest of the nation heard it Jan. 9 during the Jayhawks' game at Kentucky.

Moody has opinions, too, on walk-ons who made good.

"There's plenty, and the reason I know that there's plenty is because I've definitely got a couple of buddies who looked it up," Moody said. "Jeff Hornacek was a walk-on at Iowa State, and he turned out to be a pretty darned good player. I mean, I think he went to three NBA Finals."

Hornacek worked his way up the Cyclones' ranks to earn honorable-mention All-America status, and he followed that with a 15-year NBA career with Phoenix, Philadelphia and Utah.

Moody's story nearly is as inspiring.

He wasn't a McDonald's All-American, and he didn't have big-time college coaches beating down his door as a senior at T.C. Roberson High in Asheville, N.C. Moody's offers were coming from the likes of New York University and Davidson.

But he wanted a chance to prove himself as a walk-on at a major Division One program. Throw in the fact that then-KU coach Roy Williams was a Roberson grad, and you had a match made in Carolina.

Kansas University junior Christian Moody, center, is introduced before the Jayhawks' game against Missouri. Moody, shown Sunday in Columbia, Mo., has emerged as a walk-on and become a vital part of the Jayhawks' squad.

"Coming here, I didn't really expect to play at all," Moody said. "I knew (KU walk-ons) were treated really well and that they got to play the mop-up minutes at the end of the game. And that's what I was expecting, that kind of playing time and just try to be the best practice player I could be."

Larger role

But Moody has been both bench-warmer and starter, which may explain his status as a fan favorite. Most students relate to him because, well, he's mostly like one of them.

He likes hanging out with his girlfriend and roommate, he pulls late-night study sessions at Anschutz Science Library for scorchers like Organic Chemistry 2 and Physics 2, and he's beginning to sweat an impending MCAT test.

Moody, who carries a 3.5 grade-point average, has shown a solid work ethic in all areas of his life.

"He was already a fan favorite before because he already is that quiet, shy guy," roommate and teammate Stephen Vinson said. "He is definitely the underdog, and seeing how far he's come, it's something that people enjoy to see. He's worked for it, and people appreciate that."

Even though that hard work doesn't always calculate into big numbers, Moody is a coach's dream because he does the little things like diving for loose balls, tipping in misses and taking charges.

Suddenly missed

Moody's role wasn't fully appreciated by the masses until he missed games against Iowa State and Oklahoma -- two KU losses -- because of an infection in his knee.

Moody returned Feb. 27 against Oklahoma State, scored 11 points and was a monster on defense in the Jayhawks' 81-79 victory.

Next year, Moody's role again will increase as a senior leader on a young team.

But there was something else that played into Moody's rise: "Luck."

"I've just had a lot of stuff work out for me," he said. "I mean, with David Padgett transferring, that left Moulaye (Niang) and me as the returning big guys alongside Wayne (Simien) with the freshmen. I think coach (Bill) Self's offense, just things that he has us do in games, I feel fortunate that I've had a chance to really work into that."

Hometown hero

Maybe more important is the impression he has left on Asheville.

Roberson boys basketball coach Rich Sizemore sees Moody as a prime example why it pays to live your life the right way. Sizemore also coached Christian's brother, Patrick, who just finished his Roberson career.

"I think what it shows them is that often times you're rewarded if you do things the right way, the kid who is the good student, is the good kid and tries to fit in and do everything the right way," Sizemore said.

"The thing that's amazing to me is that I talked to him last night, and after the amazing year he's had, he's as humble as he ever was. It's amazing to me how he's been able to maintain the type of individual he was. Inside he's more confident, but outwardly, he's that same Christian we always knew when he left here."

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Good grief! No Keith
Self: Langford won't play today in Big 12 tournament

By Gary Bedore, Assistant Sports Editor

Friday, March 11, 2005

Kansas City, Mo. — Today, for the first time in four full seasons, Kansas University will try to win a basketball game without Keith Langford.

Langford, who has started every game KU has played the past three years and averaged 20 minutes in 37 games as a freshman reserve, has not practiced this week because of a badly bruised left ankle.

He's been ruled out of today's Jayhawks' Big 12 Conference tournament quarterfinal against Kansas State. Tip is 6 p.m. at Kemper Arena, with a live telecast on Sunflower Broadband Channels 4 and 13.

"I do think he's getting better," KU coach Bill Self said of the Fort Worth, Texas, native who was injured Sunday at Missouri. Thursday, Langford still had a limp.

"I think he's responded well to rehab, but he won't play (today)," Self said. "There's a chance if we advance he could play. He's day-to-day, but as of now, no."

Self said J.R. Giddens, Michael Lee and Aaron Miles would start at the guard slots, with Christian Moody and Wayne Simien playing inside.

"You don't replace a guy who can just go get you a shot or get to the paint nine out of 10 times when he wants to," Self said of Langford. "The guys will have to step up just like they did when Wayne was out."

"I think we'll rally around the fact we're playing in a tournament where our goal is to win it. We're playing for pride in a lot of ways. We didn't finish the season on the strongest note."

Kansas University senior Keith Langford, right, listens for advice from KU coach Bill Self during a game against Oklahoma. Langford, shown Feb. 21 in Norman, Okla., will not play today when the Jayhawks play Kansas State at the Big 12 Conference tournament in Kansas City, Mo.

KU has dropped four of its last six games and has seen its chances for a No. 1 seed in next week's NCAA Tournament dip dramatically. Most pundits predict KU will land a 2 seed.

"There's still a lot of wiggle room left for seeding (in NCAAs)," Self said, indicating he thinks KU could still land a No. 1 if the Jayhawks win at least two games this weekend while "getting some help" from other teams.

"I think there's a lot of reasons we'll play well, the biggest thing is we need to get to playing like we're capable of playing before the big tournament starts next weekend."

Self said the Jayhawks (22-5, 12-4) "had a good week of practice," without Langford.

"Certainly, we've practiced hard, but we haven't killed 'em. We've given Aaron and Dub (Simien) a little extra time off. They've played a majority of minutes for us this season."

Briefly
• KU leads the all-time series, 169-88. The Jayhawks have won 30 straight versus the Wildcats.
• Bill Self is 5-0 versus KSU; Jim Wooldridge 0-10 against KU.
• KU is 15-5 in the Big 12 tourney with three championships (1997, 98, 99). The current seniors never have won a postseason title. "Something I've never done in my career here is win it. It's one of our goals, also to get momentum heading into the NCAA," Wayne Simien said.
• KU is 78-23 all time in Kemper Arena.

Self said a challenge this weekend would be to run good offense without Langford.

"Keith is such a slasher. We have a tendency to stand and watch him go make a play," Self said. "Hopefully, we'll have better ball and body movement."

Tonight's challenge is to beat Kansas State, a 17-11 squad that KU stopped, 74-65, in Manhattan, and 72-65 on Senior Day in Lawrence. KU has won 30 in a row in the series.

"Kansas State has a lot to play for," Self said. "They have a chance to beat Kansas, your instate rival. I think it'll be a competitive, highly contested game."

The Jayhawks figure to face a zone defense from the Wildcats again tonight.

"K-State will play primarily zone," Self said. "We were somewhat successful against it the last time we played, 9-22 from three, which really helped. When a team plays zone, you've got to make some shots."

Brando
03-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Someone is excited. Good Luck today!

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Someone is excited. Good Luck today!

Yep, it's our version of Family Fued, my brother and younger sister are jayhawk fans, my older 3 sisters are Kitten fans, one of which works at KSU.

Family Fued aka ROYC75 style. :D

Lzen
03-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Haven't read the other articles yet but I did just finish the one on Hawkins. Man, that was a good look into what a college athlete can go through. I'm glad he has a much better outlook now. Hopefully, he can keep that and be a top reserve next year. :thumb:

Pants
03-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Gah, I'm kind of nervous. It's not easy to win 3 in a row against the same team in one season, I don't care who you are.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Gah, I'm kind of nervous. It's not easy to win 3 in a row against the same team in one season, I don't care who you are.

I understand, we done stirred up the litter box twice this year, they might just be pissed off about it .

Pants
03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I understand, we done stirred up the litter box twice this year, they might just be pissed off about it .

rofl

Lzen
03-11-2005, 10:41 AM

If KU plays like they're cabable. In other words, if they pull their heads outta their butts and attack, both offensively and defensively, they should win this game, even without Langford. Their problem lately in the losses has been that they wait too long to start actually playing aggressively.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Bump .......... This is quality material. :D

Chief Henry
03-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Go Cyclonesss, Hey I used to drink beer with Homans parents and I went to school with his aunt.

I want to Hijack this thread momentarily to give a
shout out to the Cyclones BIG Man.

Ok, go back to your original conversation

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Go Cyclonesss, Hey I used to drink beer with Homans parents and I went to school with his aunt.

I want to Hijack this thread momentarily to give a
shout out to the Cyclones BIG Man.

Ok, go back to your original conversation

Yep....... wrong thread for this shit ! :D

Braincase
03-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Yep....... wrong thread for this shit ! :D

Hey now, Cap'n, remember some of us have significant connections to Iowa State athletics... be kind.

Oh, and one more thing...

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK KU!

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Clemson leads Carolina 43-40 at half.

I knew you fans of the "sister program" would like to be informed..

Braincase
03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Clemson leads Carolina 43-40 at half.

I knew you fans of the "sister program" would like to be informed..
Here's a first for me...

"Go TIGERS!"

I need to go shower now. I feel dirty...

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Where's Mildhawk today?

Gravedigger
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm a student at KSU and I'm a bandwagon school spirit kind of guy. I'll root for my wildcats but this same time last year I was rooting for the jayhawks. But I promised my dad that since KU beat KSU in football that in one game this year KSU would do the same to KU in basketball. Now if my projection is true I'll feel great but if not I'll feel like a Kstate fan feels in basketball season... dissapointed.

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 01:33 PM
But I promised my dad that since KU beat KSU in football that in one game this year KSU would do the same to KU in basketball.

You control these things?

Are you the person I'd go to ask about UNC losing to a #16 seed? ...or do you know that guy?

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm a student at KSU and I'm a bandwagon school spirit kind of guy. I'll root for my wildcats but this same time last year I was rooting for the jayhawks. But I promised my dad that since KU beat KSU in football that in one game this year KSU would do the same to KU in basketball. Now if my projection is true I'll feel great but if not I'll feel like a Kstate fan feels in basketball season... dissapointed.

Baaahhhhh ...... :harumph:

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Thats it. I'm calling it. K-State beats KU tonight. No explanations offered. I can just feel it coming.

teedubya
03-11-2005, 02:53 PM
KState played last night... they are tired... a fresh KU team even without Keith will trounce... TROUNCE...TROUNCE the tired 'cats.

TROUNCE

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Thats it. I'm calling it. K-State beats KU tonight. No explanations offered. I can just feel it coming.

Bring it, Mildhawk.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 02:58 PM
It'll be a Wildcat Weekend. :ksu: will end the streak, and the Women will win the Big XII tourney on Saturday.

EMAW!

Brando
03-11-2005, 03:03 PM
You control these things?

Are you the person I'd go to ask about UNC losing to a #16 seed? ...or do you know that guy?
I'm not him, but I might know the guy to contact about Duke and UNC getting into firey bus crashes :thumb:

ChiTown
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
If KU plays like they're cabable. In other words, if they pull their heads outta their butts and attack, both offensively and defensively, they should win this game, even without Langford. Their problem lately in the losses has been that they wait too long to start actually playing aggressively.

I disagree.

Langford vs KSU has been huge. He's killed us with key 3's, big steals, pushing the tempo, penetration, etc. His absence really opens the door. If the Cat's can shoot better than the 21% they shot from 3pt land last time in Lowrents, we've got a great chance.

I like our odds tonight, plus the streak has to end some time :)

Brando
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM
If a win saves your coaches job is it worth it?

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:12 PM
If a win saves your coaches job is it worth it?
Our coach is coming back next year. Take that to the bank. He is going to meet one of the goals that ADTW set for him: Making the postseason.

I said "Jim Wooldridge has to make the NIT to keep his job" before the season even started. Even though I think a new coach would improve this team, I'll stick to my word.

Hell, he's a good guy at least. He doesn't embarass us like Larry Eustachy, Quin Snyder, or god for bid Dave Bliss.

Brando
03-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Our coach is coming back next year. Take that to the bank. He is going to meet one of the goals that ADTW set for him: Making the postseason.

I said "Jim Wooldridge has to make the NIT to keep his job" before the season even started. Even though I think a new coach would improve this team, I'll stick to my word.

Hell, he's a good guy at least. He doesn't embarass us like Larry Eustachy, Quin Snyder, or god for bid Dave Bliss.

I wouldn't be afraid of looking for a new coach. Greg Robinson's already been taken so you're safe. Oh wait..wrong sport :D

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I've had conflicting feelings of a thought of a new coach.

From what it seems, we are on the right track to building a winning program at Kansas State. There is much more fan support this year than there has been since..well, I don't know. Anyone care to chime in on that one?

I think with our decent young guards, and some new post players coming in next year, we will be in good shape. We just have to WIN the close games..thats whats killed us.

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 03:37 PM
There is much more fan support this year than there has been since..well, I don't know.

I know this isn't the type of chiming you are looking for, but KSU fans are close to matching the number of ISU fans I've seen around this week, which is saying something with how well ISU fans travel.

I've seen a lot of green, too, but I'm thinking that has to do with the women's tournament ;)

the streak has to end some time

Says who? :evil:

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Yup. There were a TON of Cyclones fans there last night..more than i've ever seen in one place. Bought my tickets last night off one of em.

And..Kemper was friggin LOUD last night in the 2nd half. That was great. :ksu:

Brando
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Yup. There were a TON of Cyclones fans there last night..more than i've ever seen in one place. Bought my tickets last night off one of em.

See what happens when you bring in a former SU assit to build your program :D YEAH! I'm a homer.

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM

I kind of wanted A&M to win last night.... so I could hang around and buy off a Wildcat tonight.

Should be a great atmosphere tonight.... part of me still wants to hang out until after tipoff and see if I can get some at a decent price...

When I started working here, I'd walk by a picture of a basketball game at Kemper a few times a day, and one day I finally checked out the scoreboard... and it's 36-16, KU beating KSU... brings back memories of 90-45 :D

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't see how Dallas will be able to compete after the 2007/08... attendance sucked there last year... even Oklahoma City has a new arena, and is a better option for the North teams.

OK, Dallas, this is what you'll never get. Go ahead and spend hundreds of millions of dollars and have the glitziest arena in the land. But you'll never match a day like today in Kansas City. Oklahoma-Missouri. Kansas-Kansas State. Oklahoma State-Colorado. It's Big Eight day in Kansas City. And the atmosphere reflects it. Texas may know how to throw a football party. But when it comes to hoops, stand back and observe how it's done. Right here in KC. Oh, and imagine how sweet it'll be when we move this party to the penthouse, as in the Sprint Center. No more basement bashes for us.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:58 PM
If the ball isnt oblong shaped, Tejans don't care about it.

They should just switch off between OKC and KC every year.

Spott
03-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't see how Dallas will be able to compete after the 2007/08... attendance sucked there last year... even Oklahoma City has a new arena, and is a better option for the North teams.

Dallas should never get the game. For the most part, the Texas schools don't contribute to the Big 12 when it comes to basketball, especially not during the tournament. College football is like a religion in Texas, but college b-ball is just an afterthough to them.

Spott
03-11-2005, 04:01 PM
If the ball isnt oblong shaped, Tejans don't care about it.

They should just switch off between OKC and KC every year.

Well, at least we agree on something. ;)

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Has anyone mentioned the final score of the OU-MU game, and its significance? ;)

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Dallas should never get the game. For the most part, the Texas schools don't contribute to the Big 12 when it comes to basketball, especially not during the tournament. College football is like a religion in Texas, but college b-ball is just an afterthough to them.
Unless by college b-ball you mean Baseball. Tejans love pingball. More power to em though.

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM

Even though $$$$ has ruined some aspects of the college game, taking away the college atmosphere because of a shiny new arena is crossing a line :#

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
What time does the game start?

Bearcat
03-11-2005, 04:24 PM
What time does the game start?

6:00

Party shortly after 8.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
OK, bout game time ..........

Rock Chalk Jayhawk :thumb:

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 06:12 PM
JR Clankens on target so far.

BigVE
03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
SO far I dont like the fact the JR thinks he has to shoot the rock every time he touches it...this offense HAS to run through Big dub.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, i'm here. No bar buddies around to go out with tonight.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Gettin ugly already.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Sucks huh Saul?

Had to smoke aj oint and missed the beginning of the game but Im stoked to come in and see we are winning.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
We are getting our asses kicked on the boards.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
And shooting a bunch fo bricks.

Saulbadguy
Simien is killing us. No surprise. :shrug:

BigVE
JR needs to be benched again. Im betting he will be sitting for most of the rest of the first half.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:25 PM
****IN box out already..JESUS.

Giddens hits another 3. He always kills us.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:25 PM
giddens misses the first three, gets it back for some damn reason and nails the second one.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I have a bad feeling about this one. This could get ugly quick if KSU doesn't make some damned adjustments.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thats OK saul, when KSU loses you can change your avatar to a jayhawk ;)

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
More 3's. Fantastic...

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Hawkins that time woohoo!

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Zone em up...

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Oh man.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:32 PM
And just like that...23-8. Good game.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:37 PM
KSU on a 7-0 run. As I type this, someone will make a 3...guarantee.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Goaltending call blown.

Alec R
23-15.

Just like that, they are back in the game.

Saulbadguy
A ****ing T? WTF?!

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
****ing great. We go on a 7-0 run, get a steal, KU goaltends, and we get called for a Technical.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
NO goaltending homer.

It was still going up.

Spott
03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Damn, how could you miss that goaltending call?

beer bacon
03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
NO goaltending homer.

It was still going up.

It was goaltending.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:42 PM
OK, in slow mo it was goaltending but just barely so you cant really blame the refs.

Spott
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
OK, in slow mo it was goaltending but just barely so you cant really blame the refs.

Then who can you blame?

Saulbadguy
Oh well. Gotta get our offense together.

25-17 KU.

Saulbadguy
Then who can you blame?
It happened pretty fast..coulda went either way. Im just pissed about the technical.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:44 PM
BS call!

KcMizzou
03-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Anyone else noticing weird issues with the audio on the broadcast? It's been cutting in and out all day.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Sounds like we've got quite a few fans at Kemper.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Damn. Simien is too good.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Simien = Big 12 Player of the Year

petegz28
03-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I love having Baseball guys call Basketball. Nice to see Fred White can't follow the Basketball game just as much as he can't follow Baseball games.

Someone tell him that when a guy steps out of bounds and the Ref points to the boundry line that it is NOT Charging or Traveling. It is Out of Bounds.

This is the same guy I listened to last year for almost 13 minutes during a Royals game without him once mentioning the score.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I love having Baseball guys call Basketball. Nice to see Fred White can't follow the Basketball game just as much as he can't follow Baseball games.

Someone tell him that when a guy steps out of bounds and the Ref points to the boundry line that it is NOT Charging or Traveling. It is Out of Bounds.

This is the same guy I listened to last year for almost 13 minutes during a Royals game without him once mentioning the score.
He just caled Simien "Glenn".

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
I got Doug Bell and Chris Piper calling the game on ESPN +

petegz28
03-11-2005, 06:52 PM
He just caled Simien "Glenn".

He needs to hang it up. I can't stand listening to him during a Royals game. He talks about everything but the game!

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Monster dunk by Simien.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Hawkins...gah. so predictable..a bench warmer lights up.

Coach
03-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Williams should had that one.

K-State playing solid basketball. Only turned it over 3 times, compared to KU's 10.

Coach
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
35-32, KU 1:00 to go.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
See Saul, all that stressing for nothing. Nothing to fear, Giddens is still in the game, KSU still has a chance.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
K-State fans gettin loud.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Its not..really. Its like they are replaying the last few KU-KSU games.

KU jumps up to an early lead, KSU comes back, gets within a few...KU pulls away.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
K-State fans gettin loud.
I don't hear nuthin'.

Saulbadguy
I don't hear nuthin'.
So..what else is new, grandpa? :D

Alec R
37-32 at the half, KU.

ROCK CHALK!

KcMizzou
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
That last minute of the half sucked for KSU.

Nice effort over all though.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:02 PM
We need to work on our rebounds, our FT's, and getting it inside to Massey.

Same thing happened last night. Poor rebounding, poor FT shooting, and Massey had like 4 points. In the first half.

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 07:05 PM

You're pretty much clueless, but that's OK.

Fred was doing Big 8 play by play long before the Royals signed him on.

teedubya
03-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Jeff Hawkins = Milt Newton

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Jeff Hawkins = Milt Newton

Yea, there just alike.

Cept Hawkins can't jump or shoot. (like Newton.)

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:09 PM
This game should not be this close.... I'm pissed we pissed a 15 point lead away. :shake:

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Yea, there just alike.

Cept Hawkins can't jump or shoot. (like Newton.)

Seems to me that he jumps just enough to make alot of 3's against you guys.

Would be 3 for 3 on 3's if the refs hadn't called a foul on Moody .

Instead he is 2 for 2 .....

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Damn it Lee.....

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:19 PM
THank god KSU shoots so many bricks.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:20 PM
So some shitty 2nd half play

ROYC75
So far some shitty 2nd half play by both teams

Skip Towne
You're pretty much clueless, but that's OK.

Fred was doing Big 8 play by play long before the Royals signed him on.
Yes but he was a vermin ridden lice infested Wildcat apologist for Channel 13 (?) in Topeka before that.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Very uninspired. Lets hope Colorado knocks of OSU tonight because they play like this against the Cowboys they are gonna get stomped.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Still some shitty play

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Very uninspired. Lets hope Colorado knocks of OSU tonight because they play like this against the Cowboys they are gonna get stomped.

Wow, we play like this vs OSU and it will be over at the half.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Game over, again. SO predictable.

Alec R
Miles nails two 3s in a row!

KcMizzou
Its not..really. Its like they are replaying the last few KU-KSU games.

KU jumps up to an early lead, KSU comes back, gets within a few...KU pulls away. Nice to see everything's going as planned.

ROYC75
Hot damn ..... Miles back 2 back 3's.......

Whoo wooo

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 07:25 PM
And we don't want that. The Oklahoma sportswriters are saying OSU will beat KU by double digits on a neutral court. I think they are forgetting OSU shot 62% from the field in Lawrence. Far above their season average for road games.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Miles 4 for 4 on 3's
Hawkins 2 for 2 on 3's

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:27 PM
And we don't want that. The Oklahoma sportswriters are saying OSU will beat KU by double digits on a neutral court. I think they are forgetting OSU shot 62% from the field in Lawrence. Far above their season average for road games.

OSU played a monster game against KU but Kemper isn't really neutral if you ask me. Home away from home(Bramledge) away from home.

I still think they will bring more than KU can match without Langford, but I hope its another great game just the same. That first one was exciting as hell.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Miles 4 for 4 on 3's
Hawkins 2 for 2 on 3's
Rich Scanlon isn't doing much.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't think we can beat OSU without Keith unless OSU shoots 20 %

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Rich Scanlon isn't doing much.

He's in NFLE getting ready ....

He'll be back :D

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Good hustle by the 'Cats on that play.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Now if KU can prevent a K-State run. Nobody ever put a run on Roy Williams' teams. But they do on Self.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Damn.... Harris is hot. 5 of 8 on 3's

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
They will allow a K-State run..but as soon as we get within a score, KU will pull away. :cuss:

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Damn.... Harris is hot. 5 of 8 on 3's
And he's only a Sophmore. He shoots very well.

Alec R
Now if KU can prevent a K-State run. Nobody ever put a run on Roy Williams' teams. But they do on Self.

I seem to remember Syracuse putting together a couple of runs on the Jayhawks during the championship game...last game of Roy's KU career.

ROYC75
Our inability to put a team away is going to keep the Kittens in this one.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Nasty

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Good shot C-Mart.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Back to 5 ...... told ya .

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok..KU is in foul trouble. We gotta keep feeding Massey. We aren't doing a good job at that right now. BAJESUS.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Dang, give you 5 shots and you still cant sink it.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Damn..... interception ?

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:42 PM
We have no killer image.....

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 07:42 PM
OSU played a monster game against KU but Kemper isn't really neutral if you ask me. Home away from home(Bramledge) away from home.

I still think they will bring more than KU can match without Langford, but I hope its another great game just the same. That first one was exciting as hell.
I think we can handle OSU without Langford. OSU can't shoot that lights out again. Lucas made his first 9 shots in the Lawerence game, 4 of them 3's. Three days later I saw him miss the entire basket against Texas. We do need to change the game plan though. OSU's tallest player is 6'7". We need to pound it inside to Moody and Simien to take advantage of that. And forget that stupid high-low offense. We don't need a big man trying to rebound from the free throw line. We can smother OSU with our size.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=define%3Ainterception
a pass caught in the air (picked off) by a defender whose team immediately gains possession of the ball and becomes the offense.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:44 PM
I think we can handle OSU without Langford. OSU can't shoot that lights out again. Lucas made his first 9 shots in the Lawerence game, 4 of them 3's. Three days later I saw him miss the entire basket against Texas. We do need to change the game plan though. OSU's tallest player is 6'7". We need to pound it inside to Moody and Simien to take advantage of that. And forget that stupid high-low offense. We don't need a big man trying to rebound from the free throw line. We can smother OSU with our size.

Teams that beat them did that. OSU can handle one big man down inside, but if you got two down in there they are overwhelmed.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=define%3Ainterception
a pass caught in the air (picked off) by a defender whose team immediately gains possession of the ball and becomes the offense.
As a Denver fan, I didn't think you needed to google it.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
That's it Kittens....keep missing FT's

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Terrible call.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:46 PM
As a Denver fan, I didn't think you needed to google it.

I wanted to get exact wording for you chorf fans ;)

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:47 PM
3-12 for Giddens now.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:48 PM
7:39 left in 2nd 1 2 T
North Carolina State 38 25 63
Wake Forest #3 38 14 52
NCST: J. Hodge, 18-Pts
J. Hodge, 6-Reb
E. Atsur, 6-Ast
WF: J. Gray, 14-Pts
E. Williams, 5-Reb
J. Gray, 5-Ast
7:39 TV Timeout

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Teams that beat them did that. OSU can handle one big man down inside, but if you got two down in there they are overwhelmed.
I agree. I hope Self does too. OSU is a good shooting team but are in the 40% range on foreign soil. They are deadly from the free throw line. We are shitty from the line. (except Simien). We can't mail it in but if we play hard we are better (mostly bigger) than OSU.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:51 PM
3-12 for Giddens now.

Anymore, that's normal for him. :shake:

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Dude, this sh*t pisses me off.

KU should be murdering these twits.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Anymore, that's normal for him. :shake:
Yep, Ali Chiefs named him JR Clankens. I agree.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
If our players could make FT's, we'd be winning. They are letting the pressure get to them, like they did last night.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 07:56 PM
KU is gonna go on a run now.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
what the hell was that?

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Damn it Alex, ya gotta stand up straight.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 07:59 PM
damn that was a nice play by massey

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 08:00 PM
defense cats...defense. rebound...

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:00 PM
We're not getting it inside to our big guys. Letting K-State hang around.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Of course JR Giddens gets his shot NOW.

Alec R
Finally Giddens hits one.

ROYC75
Damn, Massey fouled Miles instead of Miles fouling massey.

Massey drove his shoulders forward and moved Miles.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Thats the game. Massey with 4. You think i'd be used to this crap...we get within 3, JR drains a 3.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Bah!

5 more misses before Giddens is due to hti another.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:04 PM
KU by 10 under 4 minutes.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Nice ..... milk the clock and get a baby hook by Wayne.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 08:05 PM
JR always hits the big shot against us to kill the momentum. That was the game changer. If he misses, we rebound, down by 3. Oh well. Thats the game.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Wake Forest down by 12 with 1:30 to play

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:07 PM
WF loses .....

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:08 PM
JR always hits the big shot against us to kill the momentum. That was the game changer. If he misses, we rebound, down by 3. Oh well. Thats the game.
I don't follow that. Do you automatically get the rebound. You've been reading too many of Williams posts. He probably thinks this game is there for the taking.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Good.

KU wins the Big 12 tourney and will get a 1 seed.

chiefsfan987
03-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Kansas is letting their opponents get to the free throw line way too often the last several games. They have been out shot at the line 31 to 17.....

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't follow that. Do you automatically get the rebound. You've been reading too many of Williams posts. He probably thinks this game is there for the taking.
Who knows. JR usually puts up so strong, it clangs to the timeline.

ROYC75
Good shot Alex .......

Alec R
West Virginia upsets Villanova :)

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Who knows. JR usually puts up so strong, it clangs to the timeline.
JR should have to buy a ticket to this game. All he does is watch until they throw it to him then he clanks a 3.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 08:15 PM
West Virginia upsets VillanovaLet's gooo mountaineers.

I can't believe I just said that.

And a week ago people were talking about how their bubble was burst and they wouldn't make the tourney.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:16 PM
What a dream it would be if Colorado upset OSU .....

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:19 PM
What a dream it would be if Colorado upset OSU .....
Yeah, like that's gonna happen. The earth will reverse it's rotation before that happens.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Make it 31 straight game boys and girls !

chiefsfan987
03-11-2005, 08:20 PM
A CU win would assure the jayhawks go to Oklahoma city for the first round. Otherwise the winner of OSU KU will go there.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Rock....Chalk... Jayhawk.....KU.....Rock ......Chalk.......Jayhawk.......KU....Rockchalkjayhawkku.

Alec R
03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Hahah ROY, no Sh*t, although I would be terribly upset to not see the rematch, even without Langford.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Rock....Chalk... Jayhawk.....KU.....Rock ......Chalk.......Jayhawk.......KU....Rockchalkjayhawkku.

Something I can agree with Skippy about.... :thumb:

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Ain't gonna happen. Coloradao sucks. We can handle OSU on a neutral(?) court. Just smother them inside. We are much bigger.

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm tired of being the diginified loser in these Bball threads.

So f*ck you all.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm tired of being the diginified loser in these Bball threads.

So f*ck you all.

Hot damn, there goes a 7 iron in flight !
ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Hot damn, there goes a 7 iron in flight !
ROFL

If I had it in my hands....

Pants
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
I loved how Massey got "fouled" on every time he went up. It was very nice to see him throw an elbow, go up and have a foul called on a KU player...

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:38 PM
If I had it in my hands....

We gotta hook up again this fall !
:thumb:

the Talking Can
03-11-2005, 09:13 PM
maybe next year?

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
maybe next year?

I'm running out of those. (Ok, it just seems that way.)

Mr. Laz
03-11-2005, 09:22 PM
but man the cats are close ... a little more confidence and consistancy and you guys are golden.

the Talking Can
03-11-2005, 09:28 PM

seriously, though, next year is everyone's one chance to get back at us...we're going to be pretty bad -at least for the first half of the season- with all frosh and sophmores and no one who can score, and no Wayne...but after Bill gets one more class in, then its GAME ON all over again...so don't blow it next year

ChiTown
03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
but man the cats are close ... a little more confidence and consistancy and you guys are golden.

Oh, ****ing bullshit. Stick your positive comments up your ass. We choked on our own puke yet again. Our talent except Simien was equivalent to KU's (specifically when Langford is out). Getting outboarded by 16 is absolute ****ing bullshit and inexcusable.

When we decide to your our tampons outta our ass and play like men, and find a real mother****ing coach, we might actually win. Where's the Advil.....

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Oh, ****ing bullshit. Stick your positive comments up your ass. We choked on our own puke yet again. Our talent except Simien was equivalent to KU's (specifically when Langford is out). Getting outboarded by 16 is absolute ****ing bullshit and inexcusable.

When we decide to your our tampons outta our ass and play like men, and find a real mother****ing coach, we might actually win. Where's the Advil.....

Yea!!!....What he said....

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Wooly will be back next year.

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 09:38 PM

We needed Justin to be the player he was last night.

We needed Clent to be better PG.

Fred was all heart. Lance was nails. Mass was solid.

We needed Marques Hayden to be a man all season. Instead, he was a quitter

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 09:40 PM
I just hope our new guys coming in can be half the player Massey was. Our guards need to develop some consistency....

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM

We sure HOPE so, don't we...heh.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Now if Quin returns to Mizzou, Jayhawk fans can celebrate at least another year. Heh.

;)

ChiTown
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
We needed Justin to be the player he was last night.

We needed Clent to be better PG.

Fred was all heart. Lance was nails. Mass was solid.

We needed Marques Hayden to be a man all season. Instead, he was a quitter

I know Clent is a PG, but geezuschrist, don't PG's generally penetrate and pass?

He doesn't kill you, but most of the time I don't even know he's on the court.............

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
He's a pass-first type PG. Not a scoring threat generally. He does have quite a few assists, and not many turnovers. Very good Assist/TO ratio for a true frosh.

ChiTown
03-11-2005, 09:57 PM
He's a pass-first type PG. Not a scoring threat generally. He does have quite a few assists, and not many turnovers. Very good Assist/TO ratio for a true frosh.

He's got be more of a threat. That's the point. Effective PG's can penetrate off the dribble, and nail open shots. Otherwise, it's 5-4 when we play offense. The opposing D can drop a guy lower and help defend in the paint. It's absolutely crucial that he get's better on the offensive end, or we'll have NO inside game next year.

He's more of a SG, but just not at this level. He's being forced to play a position where he's not very effective. Again, he doesn't kill ya, but he doesn't do much else either. He's a GREAT kid, GREAT student and a mediocre PG. JMHO

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Yep. He needs to work on his offense. He always loses it when he tries to penatrate. He has hit some big 3's for us, but not nearly enough. I suppose he needs to work on his outside shot as well.

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 10:02 PM
He's got be more of a threat. That's the point. Effective PG's can penetrate off the dribble, and nail open shots. Otherwise, it's 5-4 when we play offense. The opposing D can drop a guy lower and help defend in the paint. It's absolutely crucial that he get's better on the offensive end, or we'll have NO inside game next year.

He's more of a SG, but just not at this level. He's being forced to play a position where he's not very effective. Again, he doesn't kill ya, but he doesn't do much else either. He's a GREAT kid, GREAT student and a mediocre PG. JMHO

Losing Dez... yada,yada,yada.....

I like the kid, however I agree with you. He's invisible. Also, I think he did exactly what Wooley wanted him to do this season, which was try not to do too much. Don't overextend your self.

He'll get better. He has too.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, right. They have lost 31 straight games to KU. And they are not close to changing that. I wish the best for K-State and want to see the rivalry return. Dump Woolridge and get a real coach and recruiter. I hear Tulsa is romancing Jankovitch since Doherty backed out. K-State should go after him. K-State is a much better job than Tulsa.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey Skip. You are old. Haha. Shut up.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Well, although I agree with you..I think we will beat KU next year, but Wooldrige won't help us in the long run. I don't think he can get us to the next level (the NCAA tournament).

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Well, although I agree with you..I think we will beat KU next year, but Wooldrige won't help us in the long run. I don't think he can get us to the next level (the NCAA tournament).
Why would you possibly think that? Please elaborate.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Skip. You are old. Haha. Shut up.

Hey, Saul. You are a Jew. Haha. Shut up.

Here's your response to me: "Hey, Rob. You are a bald fat teacher. Haha. Shut up.

Skip Towne
03-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Dayum, Colorado gave OSU all they wanted. If that last second shot had gone in Colorado would have won. Colorado way outrebounded the short Pokes. We need to outsize them as well tomorrow.

ChiTown
03-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Losing Dez... yada,yada,yada.....

I like the kid, however I agree with you. He's invisible. Also, I think he did exactly what Wooley wanted him to do this season, which was try not to do too much. Don't overextend your self.

He'll get better. He has too.

With all due respect, **** that. We're playing competitive sports, not tiddly winks. Bust your balls and get it done, or get off the ****ing court. I'm done lowering the bar for this team. Get it done or get the **** out. Where's my Jack Daniels bottle..............

teedubya
03-12-2005, 06:48 AM
you know, everytime they showed Woolridge on the tv, he was sitting there with a deer in headlights look. He doesnt seem to say much to his players during the game.

I think he may make a good asst coach somewhere... he just doesnt seem vocal enough to be a success in the Big 12. JMO.

It has to be hard playing multiple games in a row... KState made a good run... I do think next year KState wins one... or at least one when those Sophs are Seniors...

KStaters... relax, the streak is almost over.

Skip Towne
03-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Anybody know what time KU plays today?

teedubya
03-12-2005, 06:59 AM
Saturday, March 129#1 Oklahoma vs. #4 Texas Tech (ESPN Regional or ESPN2)
1:00 p.m.Gametracker (javascript: window.open('http://livestats.big12sports.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-baskbl/332885/', 'mbaskblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=780,height=540'); void('');)
Recap | Box Score
Quotes | Notes 10#2 Kansas vs. #3 Oklahoma State (ESPN Regional or ESPN2)
3:20 p.m.

Braincase
03-12-2005, 08:39 AM
I MOXI'ed the game last night so my kids could watch their stuff. The sacrifices a dad must make, eh? Anyway, good game, both teams seemed a little flat, with the exception of Simien.

Ought to be a good one this afternoon, but I'll be frank in my assessment - unless Giddens hits 40% from the field, KU is DOOMED.

Skip Towne
03-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Saturday, March 129#1 Oklahoma vs. #4 Texas Tech (ESPN Regional or ESPN2)
1:00 p.m.Gametracker (javascript: window.open('http://livestats.big12sports.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-baskbl/332885/', 'mbaskblGameTracker', 'toolbar=no,width=780,height=540'); void('');)
Recap | Box Score
Quotes | Notes 10#2 Kansas vs. #3 Oklahoma State (ESPN Regional or ESPN2)
3:20 p.m.
Thanks.