PDA

View Full Version : My umpteenth question to the planeteers

badgirl
03-11-2005, 10:54 AM
As almost every conversation I have with "you know who", he always disagrees with me on almost every topic we try to discuss. :mad:

This morning while watching MSNBC, there was a story of someone going into a courtroom, stealing the baliffs gun and shot and killed the judge and injured one other person. :shake:

I told "him" if someone kills someone inside a courthouse its an automatic death sentence, no life in prison.

He said "oh where did you hear this from?"and looked at me with that "you don't know what your talking about look of his" :rolleyes:

Someone who knows about the law such as Baby Lee or Go Bo or roy, could you tell me if I'm right? :hmmm:

Hoover
03-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Not true

beavis
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Did I miss something, or does this make no sense to everyone else?

badgirl
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Not true
I think it is, can you tell me why you say this isn't true, proof, cause I know I heard this is the truth,.

CosmicPal
03-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Shooting the judge will make one a hero in prison, but it won't make you look very good to the next judge you face.

BIG_DADDY
Your wacked. LOL

Bootlegged
False. If you shoot someone in a courthouse, you are taken to the public square, dipped in honey and red ants are set on your private parts. A light lunch is served, then you are taken to a holding cell where Najeh Davenport takes a dump on your chest.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 10:59 AM
does shooting a police officer give you automatic death sentence, cause I think it does.

BIG_DADDY
Shooting the judge will make one a hero in prison

No doubt, he will be the man when they send him down. One more reason he SHOULD fact the death penalty.

Pants
I don't think there is such a thing as "automatic" in our legal system.

KCTitus
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Did I miss something, or does this make no sense to everyone else?

Right there with you beavis...

morphius
First off, not all states have a death penalty, so it can't always be true.

Scorp
Shooting any judge is a federal offense and is considered capitol murder.
I dont know about automatic death though. I believe the state dictates that.

NewChief
Are you saying that some federal law applies in a courtroom that over rides the law of states that don't allow the death penalty? Would be weird, because they'd have to ship the guy out somewhere to a facility that could carry out the death sentence. On the surface, I call BS. Sounds like one of those, "If you're in college and your teacher dies during the semester, every one in the class gets an A" urban myths.

CosmicPal
does shooting a police officer give you automatic death sentence, cause I think it does.

Nope, shooting a police officer saves us taxpayers money.

Hoover
Bingo! What if he was insane?

badgirl
Your wacked. LOL
damn it, now I wish I could get rid of this thread, once again you all are proving him right, and I will be reminded of this at every other discussion we have for the next 6 mos or so :banghead:

trndobrd
03-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry, per Ring v. Arizona, the jury (not the judge) must make individualized findings of aggrivating factors. While a murder in a courthouse would certainly be an aggrivating factor. A per se law imposing the death penalty on all murders in courthouses would be unConstitutional. IMHO.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:02 AM
maby automatic is not the right word, but that a life sentence is not an option.

BIG_DADDY
03-11-2005, 11:02 AM

No, the only wacky law I know like that is if you shoot a police dog it is the equivilent of shooting a real police officer. On the other hand if they go to your house and say your not home and they want to search it they can just shoot your dog to access the house, it's total BS.

BIG_DADDY
03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
damn it, now I wish I could get rid of this thread, once again you all are proving him right, and I will be reminded of this at every other discussion we have for the next 6 mos or so :banghead:

Guys are usually right. :) Don't forget that.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
YES, capitol murder is the word I was looking for

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:04 AM
yea I didn't even think of that. :banghead:

Bootlegged
03-11-2005, 11:05 AM
False. If you shoot someone in a courthouse, you are taken to the public square, dipped in honey and red ants are set on your private parts. A light lunch is served, then you are taken to a holding cell where Najeh Davenport takes a dump on your chest.

Oh, come on. I don't care who ya are, that's funny.

jspchief
03-11-2005, 11:05 AM
First off, I don't think there's such a thing as an "automatic death sentence". A lot of states don't even have capital punishment, so in any of those states it's definately not true.

If it was in Federal court, it might fall under their jurisdiction rather than the state's, but I don't believe there is capital punishment in federal court.

And for the record, you're asking us to give "proof" of why you're wrong, yet your only proof is "I'm sure I heard it somewhere"...

KCTitus
03-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I think at this point it's pretty obvious that this guy is not going to be taken alive. At some point, they will pin him down somewhere--he'll refuse to negotiate or stand down and they'll jump him and kill him.

trndobrd
03-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Sounds like one of those, "If you're in college and your teacher dies during the semester, every one in the class gets an A" urban myths.

Oh yeah? Then how do you explain my high undergraduate GPA and tragic string of faculty accidental deaths in the early 90's?

NewChief
03-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Just a suggestion:

When arguing with people, make sure you have a more credible reference backing you up than, "I think I remember hearing some guy say this one time."

WilliamTheIrish
03-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah? Then how do you explain my high undergraduate GPA and tragic string of faculty accidental deaths in the early 90's?

You too?

badgirl
First off, I don't think there's such a thing as an "automatic death sentence". A lot of states don't even have capital punishment, so in any of those states it's definately not true.

If it was in Federal court, it might fall under their jurisdiction rather than the state's, but I don't believe there is capital punishment in federal court.

And for the record, you're asking us to give "proof" of why you're wrong, yet your only proof is "I'm sure I heard it somewhere"...
The reason I asked for proof was so there wouldn't be a question in my mind about it, but you guys seem to be providing that in your posts with common sense, thanks for the info and you guys are right and once again I'm wrong, oh well

NewChief

Hell, it might be true. I don't know. Actually I think the legend was that if your room mate died, you got all A's. I can't remember exactly. It was a spur of the moment analogy. I always get into trouble with those.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Just a suggestion:

When arguing with people, make sure you have a more credible reference backing you up than, "I think I remember hearing some guy say this one time."
I don't consider this arguing, that what stumppy always says that i'm arguing with him when actually I'm just discussing.

I don't remember where or when I heard this, but I always beleived it to be true, thats why I asked, just so I'd know.

Uncle_Ted
03-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Murdering any federal judicial or law enforcement employee is punishable by the death penalty ... doesn't matter what state you're in. Of course the death sentence isn't automatic, as another poster mentioned, but it's on the table.

NewChief
03-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't consider this arguing, that what stumppy always says that i'm arguing with him when actually I'm just discussing.

I don't remember where or when I heard this, but I always beleived it to be true, thats why I asked, just so I'd know.

The fine line between arguing and discussing.;)
Arguing: When I'm right, it's an argument.
Discussing: When I'm wrong, it's a discussion.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Murdering any federal judicial or law enforcement employee is punishable by the death penalty ... doesn't matter what state you're in. Of course the death sentence isn't automatic, as another poster mentioned, but it's on the table.
so I'm half right then, Ok now I feel a little better. :thumb:

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:16 AM
The fine line between arguing and discussing.;)
Arguing: When I'm right, it's an argument.
Discussing: When I'm wrong, it's a discussion.
:hmmm: must be why we're always discussing everything. :)

trndobrd
03-11-2005, 11:16 AM
The reason I asked for proof was so there wouldn't be a question in my mind about it, but you guys seem to be providing that in your posts with common sense, thanks for the info and you guys are right and once again I'm wrong, oh well

See post #18. Ring v. Arizona (2004) US Supreme court would apply to all State and Federal Cases. As Ted said, death penalty would be on the table, but not automatic.

Archie Bunker
03-11-2005, 11:21 AM

ROFL Well done.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Oh I just heard on CNN there were 3 killed the judge, court reporter, and a deputy. He's on the run.

PastorMikH
03-11-2005, 11:29 AM
As almost every conversation I have with "you know who", he always disagrees with me

NO I DON'T!!!!!!!!

:)

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:30 AM
NO I DON'T!!!!!!!!

ROFL men....there all the same. ROFL

Phobia
03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
It is my opinion that you need to stop thinking. Just understand that Stumppy is always right. Even if he's wrong, your dumbass ratio is going to improve significantly.

Phobia
03-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Who is this "roy" you speak of?

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Where all the same?

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Who is this "roy" you speak of?
ROYC75, he used to be a police officer.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:40 AM
It is my opinion that you need to stop thinking. Just understand that Stumppy is always right. Even if he's wrong, your dumbass ratio is going to improve significantly.
If you and him had a disagreement, would that also count as his always being right? Huh? :hmmm:

Phobia
03-11-2005, 11:42 AM
ROYC75, he used to be a police officer.

Okay - I can handle that leap in logic.

Just listen to Stumppy. As far as you're concerned, he's the smartest man in the world. I can't remember one time he's been wrong on this board. He's brilliant. Even if he leads you astray half the time, your batting average would be better than it is now.

Rausch
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM

Phobia
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
If you and him had a disagreement, would that also count as his always being right? Huh? :hmmm:

If he disagrees with me? Hell yeah, he's right. Come on.... I'm a huge dipshit.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Okay - I can handle that leap in logic.

Just listen to Stumppy. As far as you're concerned, he's the smartest man in the world. I can't remember one time he's been wrong on this board. He's brilliant. Even if he leads you astray half the time, your batting average would be better than it is now.
Oh for gods sake give me a break!!!! Hes Brilliant ROFL
Maby in some things, but I live with him and I know he's far from brilliant :rolleyes:

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok Ok they're all the same!!! better? happy now? :rolleyes:

MOhillbilly
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
My name is badgirl and i eat to many pills and love the drama

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
If he disagrees with me? Hell yeah, he's right. Come on.... I'm a huge dipshit.
so if he's right where you're concerned and right where I'm concerned then you and I must think alike. :D

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
. . .
ROFL - "What" ain't no country I know! Do they speak English in "What?"

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 11:48 AM
so if he's right where you're concerned and right where I'm concerned then you and I must think alike. :D
No, you're both wrong about different things.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't eat pills, and I have an inquiring mind. :)

HemiEd
03-11-2005, 11:52 AM
quote( Raush) do you speak it

ROFL Rep, maby! ROFL

Phobia
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM

That's quite a leap. So far, I've agreed with everything Stumppy has ever done except for the badgirl part. I told him to never date the mentally handicapped.

yunghungwell
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM
I don't eat pills, and I have an inquiring mind. = I get all of my news from the National Enquirer.:)

Please bg, take this lightly.

Rausch
03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Ok. Ok. They're all the same!!! Better? Happy now? :rolleyes:

Now I'm happy...

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM

:shake:

Not even funny...

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Please, bg take this lightly.
Only because you're calling people dumbasses, . . it's National Enquirer.

:p

yunghungwell
03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Damn!! I knew I should have spell checked that. :banghead:

badgirl
03-11-2005, 12:23 PM
You know what people, maby I'm not very smart when it comes to some topics, I asked a simple phucking question and get smart ass comments back, I only wanted an answer.
But I can make a house a home and busted my ass to raise my kids with morals and values that you can really use in life, by myself.
My new little family loves me and I love them, I made their house a home, I can decorate a house that looks like it came out of countryliving magazine, when the kids needs something I try my best to get it for them, I work and help pay bills and gro. and the kids cloths.
Phobia you may not agree with stumppy when it comes to me, but I am the best thing to come along for him and his children and him or his kids will agree with me on this.
Maby when it comes to law and politics I don't know that much, so I ask, but when it comes to real life and living and making a family I am probably one of the smartest people on here.

yunghungwell
03-11-2005, 12:27 PM
You know what people, maby I'm not very smart when it comes to some topics, I asked a simple phucking question and get smart ass comments back, I only wanted an answer.
But I can make a house a home and busted my ass to raise my kids with morals and values that you can really use in life, by myself.
My new little family loves me and I love them, I made their house a home, I can decorate a house that looks like it came out of countryliving magazine, when the kids needs something I try my best to get it for them, I work and help pay bills and gro. and the kids cloths.
Phobia you may not agree with stumppy when it comes to me, but I am the best thing to come along for him and his children and him or his kids will agree with me on this.
Maby when it comes to law and politics I don't know that much, so I ask, but when it comes to real life and living and making a family I am probably one of the smartest people on here.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Maybe this will help.

http://www.fiftynine.org/images/Pictures/August2004/takethispill.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 12:27 PM
I asked a simple phucking question and get smart ass comments back

Welcome to Chiefsplanet.

BIG_DADDY
03-11-2005, 12:29 PM
OK who is this dick head KCHawg? Guy comes along in this thread, posts nothing and then gives me negative rep. Did Phoney Gonzales change names again?

Phobia
03-11-2005, 12:46 PM

Come on, you know me better than this. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I'm sure you're all those things and much more. But, you have been exposed for being a dingbat. There's nothing wrong with being a dingbat either. I hope you continue posting dingbat threads because it is quality entertainment (or intertainment for yung).

redsurfer11
03-11-2005, 01:15 PM

Did you ever have a post you wish you could take back? I think this is one of them.

CosmicPal
03-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Did you ever have a post you wish you could take back? I think this is one of them.

Yes, I do...it was a shallow attempt at humor. I sincerely do wish to take it back and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone on the Planet, and those in particular- our public servants who are fearless and protective of our safety.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Come on, you know me better than this. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I'm sure you're all those things and much more. But, you have been exposed for being a dingbat. There's nothing wrong with being a dingbat either. I hope you continue posting dingbat threads because it is quality entertainment (or intertainment for yung).
Ok, I've took that big chill pill and feel better. Now back to our program PBJ PBJ Thanks Phob.

bkkcoh
03-11-2005, 02:04 PM
..I told "him" if someone kills someone inside a courthouse its an automatic death sentence, no life in prison.

Unless they are less then 18 years old.

big nasty kcnut
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
badgirl killing for a fed.judge is automatic death sentence

Otter
03-11-2005, 02:13 PM
You know what people, maby I'm not very smart when it comes to some topics, I asked a simple phucking question and get smart ass comments back

I'm still shocked at all the smart ass comments I read around here.

Shocked I tell, SHOCKED!!!

By the way, that was a roofie Phil gave you, quick tie your belt in a knot before you pass out.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm still shocked at all the smart ass comments I read around here.

Shocked I tell, SHOCKED!!!I..I..I just can't believe that the gentle-hearted members of the planet would be anything but courteous and respectful! Aw, shucks, this is maby the friendliest place on god's green earth!

Kyle401
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM

Actually, this a good way to make sure you get shot during an attempted arrest, thereby bypassing the trial and the whole should he get the death penalty issue. Ergo, nearly automatic death penalty in practice if not by law.

bkkcoh
03-11-2005, 02:39 PM
badgirl killing for a fed.judge is automatic death sentence

If your definition of automatic is 12 - 15 years.... :banghead:

Amnorix
03-11-2005, 02:39 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Wow, you are stupid. Almost Chiefs4me stupid, but at least you take it well.

Rausch
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Ok, I've took that big chill pill and feel better. Now back to our program PBJ PBJ Thanks Phob.

See if your doc will give you a script for some of these...

Dave Lane
03-11-2005, 03:10 PM

Nothing is an "automatic" death penalty.

Dave

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 03:13 PM
See if your doc will give you a script for some of these...I think I've been mainlining those for about 6 years now.

Rain Man
03-11-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't know about the death sentence and killing someone in a courtroom, but I do know that if you kill someone in a zoo you automatically get sentenced to the ocelot pen, and you're found innocent if you can get out alive. It's a little-known fact.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Good gosh... you do realize there are states in the Union that don't even have the death penalty, yes?
States..union..?!?

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Unions make her cry when she cuts them up for dinner.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Wow, I just read this thread.

Dumb.

jettio
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
For all practical purposes killing more than one person in a courtroom in Georgia is going to be a death sentence. Esp. since he actually broke out.

Georgia is probably not too far behind Texas, Virginia, Florida, for giving death sentences.

Multiple homicides including judicial and law enforcement officers and on an underlying crime of escape from custody.

Only a Philadelphia lawyer could keep this guy from getting the potassium martini, and American Hero still has not gotten over the Super Bowl loss.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Wait... so killing cops isn't funny?
http://www.fsu.edu/~crimdo/images/ice-t.jpg

Bitch.

LiL stumppy
03-11-2005, 03:46 PM
As almost every conversation I have with "you know who", he always disagrees with me on almost every topic we try to discuss. :mad:

This morning while watching MSNBC, there was a story of someone going into a courtroom, stealing the baliffs gun and shot and killed the judge and injured one other person. :shake:

I told "him" if someone kills someone inside a courthouse its an automatic death sentence, no life in prison.

He said "oh where did you hear this from?"and looked at me with that "you don't know what your talking about look of his" :rolleyes:

Someone who knows about the law such as Baby Lee or Go Bo or roy, could you tell me if I'm right? :hmmm:

Hes hard to get along with,I thought youd figure this out by now.When you guys get into a argument,your right some times,hes right sometimes.Just go with it,he will always think hes right. :p Trust me I have lived with him longer than you.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 03:48 PM
And here I thought when badgirl talked about "lil stumpy" she meant something else.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 04:06 PM
well I have gotten some mixed responses to this, does anyone know the anwser? :hmmm:

Admit it, nobody knows the correct anwser. :rolleyes:

And endelt maby I quit and Maybe I wont, its just easier for me to keep spelling it the way I always have. :p

I bring humor to this board admit it, admit it damn it. :mad: J/K

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
well I have gotten some mixed responses to this, does anyone know the anwser? :hmmm:

Admit it, nobody knows the correct anwser. :rolleyes:

And endelt maby I quit and Maybe I wont, its just easier for me to keep spelling it the way I always have. :p

Are you kidding me?

You still don't know the answer?

ROFL

badgirl
03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Are you kidding me?

You still don't know the answer?

ROFL
I've had 2 different kind of anwsers from different people, just forget it. I'll have to spend some time on the internet and look into it myself.

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Haha...this is great.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I've had 2 different kind of anwsers from different people, just forget it. I'll have to spend some time on the internet and look into it myself.
There is not a magical "court room" rule with the law...each crime goes through due process...

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I'll try...

Since it's a federal case, likely to be tried in federal court; the death penalty IS on the table. Current law though, requires separate proceedings for the verdict phase and the penalty phase.

They COULD choose, I suppose, to try the case in state court in which case it depends on state law. Georgia isn't shy about executing dirtbags like this one; so if he's found guilty, they will likely execute him...unless his lawyer does some fancy dancing in the penalty phase.

How's that?

badgirl
03-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I'll try...

Since it's a federal case, likely to be tried in federal court; the death penalty IS on the table. Current law though, requires separate proceedings for the verdict phase and the penalty phase.

They COULD choose, I suppose, to try the case in state court in which case it depends on state law. Georgia isn't shy about executing dirtbags like this one; so if he's found guilty, they will likely execute him...unless his lawyer does some fancy dancing in the penalty phase.

How's that?
Thats fine thank you.
But how does this differ from any murder trial?

Saulbadguy
03-11-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure which states have and do not have the Death Penalty. If this happened in a state that did NOT have the death penalty...well, what do you think would happen?

badgirl
03-11-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure which states have and do not have the Death Penalty. If this happened in a state that did NOT have the death penalty...well, what do you think would happen?
refer back to post 33

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Thats fine thank you.
IT DOESN'T! THATS THE POINT! THE FACT THAT IT WAS IN A COURT HOUSE DOES NOT CHANGE THE PROCESS! IT IS A FEDERAL CASE!

I thought if i typed like that it would help out.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Thats fine thank you.

It isn't "different," as far as I can tell. What you probably meant is that in all likelihood, this dude will be executed--given the circumstances (which I'd agree with.)

The person you were talking with probably didn't accept your idea that it is "automatic," and technically it is not. Just quite likely.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 04:24 PM
IT DOESN'T! THATS THE POINT! THE FACT THAT IT WAS IN A COURT HOUSE DOES NOT CHANGE THE PROCESS! IT IS A FEDERAL CASE!

Technically, the courts COULD choose to give jurisdiction to Georgia....I think. Although, I suspect that is unlikely.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 04:26 PM

It's an option, badgirl; he doesn't mean it's "automatic."

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=29&did=192

see if you can go to this site and read it, its Federal Laws Providing for the Death Penalty

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't know about the death sentence and killing someone in a courtroom, but I do know that if you kill someone in a zoo you automatically get sentenced to the ocelot pen, and you're found innocent if you can get out alive. It's a little-known fact.

How many ocelots are in the pen? I got a hankerin' to go on a a fieldtrip killin' spree.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:18 PM
How many ocelots are in the pen? I got a hankerin' to go on a a fieldtrip killin' spree.
I hope everyone reads my post and reads it all it states specifically "murder committed in a Federal Govt. facility (18 U.S.C. 924(i)) and murder of a federal judge or law enforcement officials., Murder of a court officer or juror.

Just read it people!!!
Where is everyone :hmmm:

HemiEd

ROFL

|Zach|
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=29&did=192

see if you can go to this site and read it, its Federal Laws Providing for the Death Penalty
Can you read it?

FloridaChief
03-11-2005, 05:19 PM
I feel like I deserve an automatic death sentence for reading this thread...

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I feel like I deserve an automatic death sentence for reading this thread...
Read my link and you see what I have been talking about.

FloridaChief
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Read my link and you see what I have been talking about.

Maby I will, maby I won't...

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
You could get the death penalty for just Attempting, authorizing or advising the killing of any officer, juror or witness in cases involving a continuing criminal enterprise, regardless of wether such killing actually occurs.

FloridaChief
03-11-2005, 05:25 PM
You could get the death penalty for just Attempting, authorizing or advising the killing of any officer, juror or witness in cases involving a continuing criminal enterprise, regardless of wether such killing actually occurs.

Exactly.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Exactly.
Ok I admit I was wrong about automatic, but there is differences in a regular murder and murder of law enforcement, even their families, and it being committed in a courthouse,
You don't even have to have actually killed someone and still be eligable for the death penalty, I posted that before this one.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 05:30 PM
I hope everyone reads my post and reads it all it states specifically "murder committed in a Federal Govt. facility (18 U.S.C. 924(i)) and murder of a federal judge or law enforcement officials., Murder of a court officer or juror.

Just read it people!!!
Where is everyone :hmmm:

Sorry sweetcheeks, I don't really care.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Sorry sweetcheeks, I don't really care.
well I'm trying to recover from everyone thinking I am totally stupid, I'm trying to prove my point or some of it by providing proof, I am wrong about it being automatic, but I'm right about some stuff.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I realize the difference now, that being, if murder is committed as the ones on the list it is federal other murders are state.

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 05:37 PM
well I'm trying to recover from everyone thinking I am totally stupid, I'm trying to prove my point or some of it by providing proof, I am wrong about it being automatic, but I'm right about some stuff.
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln.

The only things you postulated were;

automatic death sentence
and
no life in prison

both are wrong, and people have tried 18 ways to Sunday to explain it to you.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 05:39 PM
well I'm trying to recover from everyone thinking I am totally stupid

Oh, trust me. You will never recover from that here. It will haunt you til the end of your CP days. Best to embrace it.

badgirl
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln.

The only things you postulated were;

automatic death sentence
and
no life in prison

both are wrong, and people have tried 18 ways to Sunday to explain it to you.
I just admitted I was wrong about that, after doing some searching on the net, I finally figured it out.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Oh, trust me. You will never recover from that here. It will haunt you til the end of your CP days. Best to embrace it.
Indeed.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Indeed.Absotively Posilutely.

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I just admitted I was wrong about that, after doing some searching on the net, I finally figured it out.
I get that you admitted you were wrong, I'm trying to figure what the 'some things' you were right about were.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Absotively Posilutely.

Superfragilisticexpialadocious!

HemiEd
03-11-2005, 05:50 PM

I will say this: Every thread that I have read that you started seems to hit the hundred post count! Something to be said for that! However, I think it still the Avatar that has a lot to do with it! Somewhat suggestive...

stumppy
03-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Uh....Hey everybody.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Uh....Hey everybody.You miss all the fun.

chiefs4me
03-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow, you are stupid. Almost Chiefs4me stupid, but at least you take it well.

Listen up Fat Boy......just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are stupid. Just because someone ask a question does not mean they are stupid. Just because someone doesn't know something does not mean they are stupid...

Did that make it thru your thick skull......now grow up and quit calling people stupid just because they do not agree with you......:harumph:

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Superfragilisticexpialadocious!
Supercalifragilisticexpealidosious.

Idiot.

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Listen up Fat Boy......just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are stupid. Just because someone ask a question does not mean they are stupid. Just because someone doesn't know something does not mean they are stupid...

Did that make it thru your thick skull......now grow up and quit calling people stupid just because they do not agree with you......:harumph:
Ya big dummy

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM

You bite hard.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpealidosious.

Idiot.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeim Chiminy Chim Chiminy Chim Chim Chirooooo

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 05:58 PM

Jeez.

Stick your 1st grade teacher wisdom up your ass.

Badgirl asked a question, it was a stupid question IMO but everyone does that on this board at sometime or another. People didn't start the pile on because the question was stupid they started to pile on because the question was answered many times by many people. Yet she kept proclaiming to not know the answer. How many different times was the answer given to her but she just sits around trying to read through different websites that also make the answer obvious yet she still does not get it. She is still trying to provide proof to one of her "points" and neighter of them hold any water...

Yet, you sweep down on this thread and proclaim someone else is thick?

ROFL

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Badgirl asked a question, it was a stupid question IMO but everyone does that on this board at sometime or another.

Now, Zachary! Remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

PastorMikH
03-11-2005, 06:04 PM
NO I DON'T!!!!!!!!

Hey Badgirl, would you believe Ghostof thought this was lame-o? He said so when he tried to leave me a little rep. Too bad he's in the red and couldn't affect me.

chiefs4me
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Jeez.

Stick your 1st grade teacher wisdom up your ass.

Badgirl asked a question, it was a stupid question IMO but everyone does that on this board at sometime or another. People didn't start the pile on because the question was stupid they started to pile on because the question was answered many times by many people. Yet she kept proclaiming to not know the answer. How many different times was the answer given to her but she just sits around trying to read through different websites that also make the answer obvious yet she still does not get it. She is still trying to provide proof to one of her "points" and neighter of them hold any water...

Yet, you sweep down on this thread and proclaim someone else is thick?

ROFL

I did read the thread......I do not agree with someone being called stupid over and over just because opinions differ. What makes the one calling someone stupid any smarter then the one being called stupid. Nothing......ROFL Now run along and finish your homework......:harumph:

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
What makes the one calling someone stupid any smarter then the one being called stupid. Nothing

Well if it makes you feel better I can start calling you stupid.

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Now, Zachary! Remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Can you get the death penalty from a fooseball table?

Baby Lee
03-11-2005, 06:32 PM
What makes the one calling someone stupid any smarter then the one being called stupid.
Greater intelligence?

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Greater intelligence?

ROFL

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I did read the thread......I do not agree with someone being called stupid over and over just because opinions differ. What makes the one calling someone stupid any smarter then the one being called stupid. Nothing......ROFL Now run along and finish your homework......:harumph:
but it wasn't an opinion...

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
It is not an opinion

LET ME TPYE IN CAPS BECAUSE I THINK IT WORKS FOR BADGIRL ALSO.

BADGIRL WAS ASKING AN OBJECTIVE QUESTION THAT COULD BE ANSWERED WITH A FACT. AN OPINION WHICH IS SUBJECTIVE WAS NOT GIVEN.

BADGIRL WAS PRESENTED WITH A FACT IN RESPONSE TO HER QUESTION AND STILL COULD NOT COMPREHEND THAT HER QUESTION WAS BEING ANSWERED.

KcMizzou
03-11-2005, 07:13 PM
This thread is hilarious.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2005, 07:15 PM
It is not an opinion

LET ME TPYE IN CAPS BECAUSE I THINK IT WORKS FOR BADGIRL ALSO.

BADGIRL WAS ASKING AN OBJECTIVE QUESTION THAT COULD BE ANSWERED WITH A FACT. AN OPINION WHICH IS SUBJECTIVE WAS NOT GIVEN.

BADGIRL WAS PRESENTED WITH A FACT IN RESPONSE TO HER QUESTION AND STILL COULD NOT COMPREHEND THAT HER QUESTION WAS BEING ANSWERED.

SHUT UP TROLL

KcMizzou
03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Where's warpaint when you need him?

COCKEYES!!!!

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 07:22 PM
SHUT UP TROLL

go bo
03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
You could get the death penalty for just Attempting, authorizing or advising the killing of any officer, juror or witness in cases involving a continuing criminal enterprise, regardless of wether such killing actually occurs.i believe that the federal statute you're referring to pertains to federal judges and law enforcement officers and the like...

as i understand it, the atlanta case was in state court and the people killed were not federal officers, so the escape and murders won't be a federal case...

but i haven't read the statute lately, so i could be wrong... :shrug:

Bugeater
03-23-2020, 02:34 PM
Did we ever get this settled?

frozenchief
03-23-2020, 04:34 PM

I can give you an answer, but it's not a short one.

1. Furman v Georgia struck down all statutes that 'mandated' capital punishment. That is, the government cannot seek the death penalty just for the particular crime. The government must seek the death penalty based upon a variety of criteria that justify capital punishment in that particular case - defendant's particularly bad record; case involved torture, sexual assault or other gratuitous violence;* case involved more than 1 victim or a vulnerable victim; case involved a law enforcement officer, prosecutor, judge or politician; whatever. Gregg v Georgia allowed capital punishment if the decision to seek death complied with several factors, not least of which was a focus upon that particular case, not the offense in general.

2. There are numerous capital sentencing laws in this country. The federal government has one as do about 30 states. (I don't have the exact number.) The criteria to justify the government seeking death varies between the different jurisdictions.

3. Just because the government seeks the death penalty does not mean that the government will get the death penalty. Capital cases have 2 phases: guilt and sentencing. Guilt means, "Did the defendant commit the crime as accused?" Sentencing means, "Does he deserve the death penalty?" At sentencing parties are free to introduce lots of evidence to suggest why that particular person does or not deserve the death penalty. And Supreme Court cases make it clear that each juror can vote based upon his or her own moral conscience. That is, there is NOTHING in the law that requires a vote for death. Someone can vote for life just to vote for life.

4. So what happens if jury convicts and then is split on punishment? Depends upon the jurisdiction. In federal court and some states (like Colorado), a hang at sentencing means that life without parole is automatic and cannot be appealed. Other states, such as Arizona and California, allow re-trying the sentencing phase.

So the tl;dr answer to the original question is, "No, just because you kill someone in a court house does not mean that you automatically get the death penalty."

* to someone who doesn't do this work, that phrase will sound odd. "Murders involve gratuitous violence, don't they?" Well, no. Legally there's a difference between shooting somebody between the eyes and typing them up and torturing them or raping them and then killing them, or other violence beyond that strictly necessary to kill someone or inflicted just for the twisted enjoyment of inflicting pain.

Spott
03-23-2020, 04:37 PM
No orange juice for you!

Setsuna
03-23-2020, 04:38 PM
Isn't this against TOS?

stumppy
03-23-2020, 04:40 PM

LMAO

You just made the list Buddy!

Couch-Potato
03-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Do you have a roommate or are you hallucinating? This comes off crazy either way.

unlurking
03-23-2020, 05:36 PM
JFC

I forgot how stupid she was. Talk about a bump from the past.

Bugeater
03-23-2020, 05:47 PM
Do you have a roommate or are you hallucinating? This comes off crazy either way.There's plenty more where this came from. :)

Bowser
03-23-2020, 05:50 PM
Holy Wayback Machine Bump

https://markb4.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/mrpeabodyandshermantv.jpg

stumppy
03-23-2020, 05:51 PM
Holy Wayback Machine Bump

https://markb4.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/mrpeabodyandshermantv.jpg

He's chumming the waters.

The rotten bastard.

03-23-2020, 06:06 PM
Did we ever get this settled?Reported

TLO
03-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Isn't this against TOS?

?

Chiefs4TheWin
03-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Bust out the lawnmower Bugeater. Will give you a better chance than bumping this thread.:)

KurtCobain
03-23-2020, 09:32 PM
There's plenty more where this came from. :)

Here's another crazy thread from a crazy bitch from a crazy long time ago.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250595

ROYC75
03-23-2020, 09:51 PM

These are the correct answers!

If a state has / has no capital punishment, it is written!

frozenchief
03-23-2020, 10:07 PM
These are the correct answers!

If a state has / has no capital punishment, it is written!

Incorrect. See my post. Shooting a federal judge for being a federal judge is a federal offense. Shooting a state judGe for being a state judge is an offense of the state of the judgeship, i.e., California judge, California offense, etc. but the shootIng has to be tied to their role as a judge.

Say a judge stops on the way home work to get gas. He goes in to buy a bottle of water. Someone comes in to rob the store, sees the judge and shoots him as a witness. If the judGe were a federal judge, it wouldn’t be a federal offense by definition. But you better believe federal agencies would investigate and it likely would be handled in federal court even though at that point the federal jurisdiction would be discretionary rather than mandatory.

Bank robbery, for example, is a federal crime by definition because a federal agency insures the deposits. So bank robberies get investigated and prosecuted by federal agencies. Gas station holdups are usually state crimes eVen if witnesses are shot. But the reality is that while the feds have a choice in the hypothetical I gave, the odds are overwhelming they would exercise it. Depends on the situation. If it were a 14 year old kid who did the robbery/homicide, they might not because federal juvenile crime is really weird and very uncommon. But this example is to show that jurisdiction in such a case is discretionary not mandatory.

Simply Red
03-24-2020, 01:04 AM
?

he's bitching about a random bump - for whatever reason. (I think?)

scho63
03-24-2020, 04:03 AM
Between the offseason and COVID, the CP Archives are getting bumped hard and put away wet. :eek: