PDA

View Full Version : Info on Hartwell 3/11/05 FWIW-WPI

carlos3652
03-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Posted: 3/11/05 8:52:56 am
Hartwell still not signed...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is from KC'c front page story on the signing of Safety, Sammy Knight....

On Hartwell----

I can tell you he has not signed yet but still nobody is talking about him in the Chiefs organization. The Cincinnati Bengals might get into the mix along with the Indianapolis but they have cap problems until they can unload running back Edgerrin James. Interesting enough the Arizona Cardinals who were once in pursuit of Hartwell, appear to be the front runner to land the Colts star back.

Hartwell from what we've been told wants to get a deal done this weekend. He still favors the Chiefs and would be willing to play outside linebacker now that Bell is set to play the middle. But he'd have to come way off his demands in regards to the $9-10 million signing bonus. If he does, he could still sign with the Chiefs but he'll have to swallow some pride.

The knock on Hartwell is the fact he does not have great coverage skills. He's a sure handed tackler but usually is pulled in passing downs for an extra cornerback. That appears to be the one thing that's preventing teams from offering the kind of money he wants. It's hard for the Chiefs or any team to pay that kind of money to a guy who can't be on the field for three consecutive downs. Kansas City has enough two-down defensive players now and they don't need another one.

chiefs.scout.com/2/359158.html

BigChiefFan
03-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I think Hartwell would move to MLBer and Bell to outside.

BigRedChief
03-11-2005, 01:22 PM

sounds more reasonable to me.

Sure-Oz
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Bell could play diff. spots'

Ralphy Boy
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM

Yup and he'd still get pulled on passing downs.

Abba-Dabba
03-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Why not have them alternate plays?

HC_Chief
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM

Yep.
Bell has much more speed than Hartwell... much better in pursuit and coverage. Hartwell = monster run-stuffer in the middle.

And, btw, where in the hell is this "Bell in the middle" shit coming from? Again, only ONE source put him definitively at MLB: Jonathan Rand. Peterson said Bell's position would be worked out in TC... in other words, he's competing w/ somone else for either MLB or OLB (he'll most certainly start at one... had to add that for gochiefs... he couldn't figure it out on his own in another thread ;))

unlurking
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Nick Athan?

teedubya
03-11-2005, 02:24 PM
This would give us one of the top LB corps in the WORLD!!!

cookster50
03-11-2005, 02:45 PM
WPI = crap

whoman69
03-11-2005, 04:32 PM
I've been having a hard time believing all along that we could pay top dollars for two linebackers and still afford what corners are demanding these days. We'll either draft another LB or see how Kawika or Fox do in that spot. At least one time this decade, we need a player that is fighting to keep his career alive come up to the plate and hit it out.

Chan93lx50
03-11-2005, 04:39 PM
This would give us one of the top LB corps in the WORLD!!!
And the chick in your avatar has one of the best looking asses in the WORLD

Side note, at least it sounds like he wants to play here, but he definatley is not going to get the paycheck he wants!

buddha
03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
And the chick in your avatar has one of the best looking asses in the WORLD

I agree...who does that belong to? Is that Ali Landry?

We maybe staying in touch with Hartwell, but he's not going to drop his price that much! Not yet.

By the time he does, if he does, we will have spent the rest of the jack on a CB.

elvomito
03-11-2005, 06:06 PM
i think there's a thread about her in the pics forum

Gaz
03-12-2005, 07:50 AM
From KFFL.com:

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons are quietly in the running for free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens), but his price is probably too high for the team.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

xoxo~
Gaz
Not giving up yet.

crossbow
03-12-2005, 08:01 AM
What would be a fair price for Hartwell? He would make a great MLB for us. Is there enough cash for him and a corner?

crossbow
03-12-2005, 08:05 AM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/03/08/qa_lb_kendrell_bell/

Q: Will you be the middle linebacker in the Chiefs defensive scheme?

BELL: “We haven’t worked that out yet, but I spoke with Coach (Gunther) Cunningham and he said he doesn’t know exactly where he wants to play me as far as playing the SAM, the MIKE or the WILL. But I’m pretty sure that when I get there and we go through the defense and everything, we’re going to work out what’s best for the defense and what position I would max out my potential at.”

Q: Where would you want to play most?

BELL: “In the four-three I feel that you could play any one. I’ve been playing the MIKE (middle) linebacker for awhile, so that’s something I’m familiar with. But I don’t think I’ll have too much problem adjusting to the outside if that’s where Coach wants me to be.”

Gaz
03-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I believe it was Scout.com that reported us upping our offer to $9 million.

I would not trust my memory, though.

xoxo~
Gaz
Looking for a brain cell donation.

Chief Henry
03-12-2005, 08:10 AM
I believe it was Scout.com that reported us upping our offer to $9 million.

I would not trust my memory, though.

xoxo~
Gaz
Looking for a brain cell donation.

I ruined some of my cells last night !!! So I have to protect each and every one of mine this morning.

Hartwell would be a very NICE pickup. I would compliment CP on this board if that happen'd.