PDA

View Full Version : IF we end up with Hartwell or Law are you satisfied?

BigVE
03-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Not CONTENT, but satisfied considering all the needs we have on D and all the talk about having NO money? I would be. I would be happier if we got Hartwell instead of Law but I would be glad with either. Then if we have a decent draft this D could really change this season. I think its looking up to say the least...too soon to tell for sure.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Id take Hartwell and a veteran Corner after june 1 cuts.

BigVE
03-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Id take Hartwell and a veteran Corner after june 1 cuts.

Ditto. Considering all the whining that had been going on LAST weekend after Rolle signed elsewhere it could be a pretty productive FA week if Hartwell ends up signing over the weekend.

Bowser
03-11-2005, 06:12 PM
We won't get both of those guys. If Hartwell comes here, I could see us making a run at Andre Dyson, and/or drafting a DB in round 1. If Law comes here, we could put a play on for one of the released Texans linebackers, and drafting a LB/DE in round 1.

But to answer your question, yes, I'd be satisfied.

BigVE
03-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I dont think anyone honestly expects us to sign BOTH of those guys.

Rain Man
03-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm just thrilled to potentially have a MLB (and Bell darn well better be lined up at MLB on opening day). If we can get one more strong FA at CB or OLB and then a 1st round at the other position, I'd call this a successful offseason.

In looking at Sammy Knight's numbers, I'm impressed with him, too. I hope he moves to SS and Wesley moves to FS, and Woods becomes a nickelback or dimeback.

TRR
03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
One of the two would make me happy. They are both needed to be honest, but I think Ty Law might be needed even more.

With Warfield's possible suspension, and the crew we have at CB, Law would be a huge upgrade. At LB, I've heard that Barber could be back quicker than most thought. If so, I wouldn't have a problem putting Beisel, Mitchell, or Fox in that OLB spot for a game or two.

If Barber is worse off, then my story could chance quickly.

DTLB58
03-11-2005, 06:49 PM
We MUST sign a veteran CB to have hope for a upgrade in our defense for next season.

Thig Lyfe
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I ain't satisfied 'till we're hoisting the Lombardi trophy in Detroit.

Gaz
03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Yes to Hartwell.

No to Law. Dyson or another veteran CB. A 2nd Rounder for Surtain is a last resort.

Draft CB at #15.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not want both.

Vegas_Dave
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Definately would be satisfied with Hartwell. I would definately Draft CB heavy this year.

MichaelH
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I'll be happy is Hartwell is signed. We still need a corner and we still need another DE to pressure the QB. Who's going to replace Hicks?

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 07:03 PM
We need a CB. Hartwell at this point would be nice, but we NEED a CB.

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I'll be happy is Hartwell is signed. We still need a corner and we still need another DE to pressure the QB. Who's going to replace Hicks?

Nobody.

Hicks is Dick Vermeil's love child.

Gaz
03-11-2005, 07:04 PM

No one is going to replace Hicks. The Chiefs LOVE Hicks. Whether we think it is deserved or not, Hicks will be the starting DE next season.

xoxo~
Gaz
Bowing [albeit reluctantly] to the inevitable.

Rain Man
03-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Stop it! STOP IT! You guys are ruining my weekend!

Gaz
03-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Stop it! STOP IT! You guys are ruining my weekend!

Sorry, Rain Man. We were just joking. Hicks is packing his bags even as we speak.

xoxo~
Gaz
Can afford to wait for Monday to crush Rain Man’s naïve dreams.

Rain Man
03-11-2005, 07:08 PM
(Pumping fist.) Yes!

Braincase
03-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I'd have to say hell yes if we get Law, a meek no if we don't.

chop
03-11-2005, 08:19 PM
If Law returns to the form he had a couple of years ago, then I would be extremely happy if the Chiefs are able to pick him up. He has been a great cb that can blanket any receiver.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 08:21 PM
If we get Law, that means he's cleared the training staff, so I'd be satisfied. If we get Hartwell, and don't address the cornerback position with a veteran, I will most certainly not be satisfied.

milkman
03-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Hartwell and Dyson would be just fine with me, but like Arrowhead, I won't be satisfied until we are hoisting the Lombardi.

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 08:32 PM
If we get Law, that means he's cleared the training staff, so I'd be satisfied. If we get Hartwell, and don't address the cornerback position with a veteran, I will most certainly not be satisfied.

I agree.

TEX
03-11-2005, 08:44 PM
i'd be very happy to add hartwell and dyson. not to thrilled with law - just way too much of a risk. then draft the best available cb.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2005, 09:09 PM
IF we end up with Hartwell or Law are you satisfied?

for the most part ... but if we get hartwell we also have to do a good job of drafting 2 cornerbacks day 1 of the draft.

the Talking Can
03-11-2005, 09:11 PM
anyway you slice it we need 2CBs...while Warfield is out it will be McCleon/Bartee and ????....things could get ugly fast...we need an OLB, but we need a CB 100 times worse..and if don't sign Law or Surtain I'm going on a killing spree....

alanm
03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
We need a CB. Hartwell at this point would be nice, but we NEED a CB.
At this juncture in time. And since we signed Bell. I'd prefer Law. We need a solid CB and no rookie is going to get the job done. I'd be estatic if we were somehow able to sign both Hartwell and Law. But Jay Foreman - MLB wants his release in Houston and he'd be a solid 2nd choice for me at the moment. He's young and he'd be fairly cheap also.

SCTrojan
03-11-2005, 09:21 PM
for the most part ... but if we get hartwell we also have to do a good job of drafting 2 cornerbacks day 1 of the draft.

Yep.

I'm more of a fan of getting Hartwell - makes our LB corps solid - and then drafting a CB in the 1st. There are too many good ones out there to squander this opportunity. Then, we have to hope that CB gets on the field to make a difference.

For some Whitlockian-bizarro-coincidence reason, I think we are fated to sign Law, though.

Gaz
03-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Hartwel [FA LB], Dyson [FA CB] and Rogers [Draft CB] would make me very happy.

I would be less happy, but not upset, with coughing up the 2nd Round pick for Surtain, PROVIDED the OLB position is filled.

No to Law. Even if the broken foot heals [a big IF], he will not be in football shape after riding around in his scooter for months. Forget Law.

xoxo~
Gaz
Easy to satisfy.

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 09:36 PM
For some Whitlockian-bizarro-coincidence reason, I think we are fated to sign Law, though.

Yep.