PDA

View Full Version : NFT-Satellite Internet...anyone have here have it?

C-Mac
03-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I was debating this because even though across the street, 1000ft away, they can get DSL...... I cant .
:cuss:
Then add the fact that I made a promise to myself in 1996 never to send another penny of my hard earned money to a @#!&* blood sucking, maggot infested, price gouging, public raping, money thieving, snowy picturing cable company...the dirty bastigens! :mad:
Therfore it leaves me with limited options.
Maybe Skip has dealt recently with sat-net, but when I was looking a year or so ago, they were not efficient and pricey to set up. Now they offer broadband phone service with the systems.
Anyone?

C-Mac
03-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Perhaps you know of a cousins friend?

KC Jones
03-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I work for DISH network and they are planning to reintroduce it soon. I don't see how it can be cost effective, but I guess the engineers have come up with something to make it compete with terrestrial cables.

C-Mac
03-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I work for DISH network and they are planning to reintroduce it soon. I don't see how it can be cost effective, but I guess the engineers have come up with something to make it compete with terrestrial cables.

That could be handy since I'm already a Dish customer, any idea how soon?

KC Jones
03-12-2005, 09:43 PM
That could be handy since I'm already a Dish customer, any idea how soon?

Nope - I've no idea when that will actually come down the pipeline. BTW, how do you like them as a company? I only just joined and from what I can see on the inside they take the "customer first" thing to heart like I've never seen before.

|Zach|
03-12-2005, 09:44 PM
http://www.museoscienza.org/english/internet/img/eick_internet.gif

C-Mac
03-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Nope - I've no idea when that will actually come down the pipeline. BTW, how do you like them as a company? I only just joined and from what I can see on the inside they take the "customer first" thing to heart like I've never seen before.

Actually I have had both Dish and Direct and actually sold Dish at my store for a time. I do like their service and pricing better, just wish they had NFL Network, but I dont miss NFL(pay-out-the-ying-yang)Ticket.
When I signed up with Dish, what I did was just "move" to my folks address thats close to KC for a day. ;)
Then I activated the KC TV network package, setup myself up as "no paper" billing and all is good in Arkansas!
:thumb:

BigRedChief
03-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Satellite just cant compete with cable for speed and bandwidth. Cable is the bomb if you ask me. I'm past T1 speeds for $40.00 a month. Doesn't get better than that.

btlook1
03-13-2005, 12:49 AM
I talked with several people a year or so ago as I was going to get it. They all told me the same thing. For surfing the internet and sending e-mail it was fine, however most of them told me that if you want to play games don't bother with it. Pretty much everyone I talked to said the same thing. There's to much lag going back and forth to the satellite and back down to play any games other than maybe chess on yahoo or something similar. I called several installers one of them even told me he was going to quit selling it as he had so many complaints about it. It's also very expensive set up fee and like 55 a month or something.That was with Dish. Direct tv is supposed to be in the same boat. On another hand I have dish tv for years now and have been very happy with there service and stuff. Although last time I called I got some dude from the other side of the world...I called back and chewed some Americans ass for making me talk to someone from the phillipeans...I would think twice if it was me. I would also check to see if anyone is putting a wireless system up in your area. We just had one go in now another is available all in about a years time and we are definatly in BFE.

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Satellite just cant compete with cable for speed and bandwidth. Cable is the bomb if you ask me. I'm past T1 speeds for $40.00 a month. Doesn't get better than that.Yeah, time warner upgraded everything on february 1st. My download speeds now are nearly half of what they were before from the sites that are up-to-date.

Skip Towne
03-13-2005, 08:39 AM
What is your job at Dish?

blackhawk
03-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Intel inside your car
Posted Mar 9, 2005, 6:51 PM ET by Barb Dybwad
Related entries: Desktops, Portable Audio, Transportation

If you happen to have a BMW Mini, that is. Intel showed off a Pentium-based PC stuffed into the dashboard of this luxurious automobile today at CeBit in Germany. Drivers can surf the web, check e-mail and play DVDs and MP3s via the device made for Intel by a company called EEPD. Move over, iPod.
chiefsplanet in the car!
http://engadget.com/entry/1234000167035250/

KC Jones
03-13-2005, 06:13 PM
What is your job at Dish?

Senior Analyst/Developer on their Enterprise Application Integration team. I'll be doing maintenance programming for their adjusments (promotions) engine and eventually write a new provisioning system.

C-Mac
03-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Senior Analyst/Developer on their Enterprise Application Integration team. I'll be doing maintenance programming for their adjusments (promotions) engine and eventually write a new provisioning system.

''oh....just another phone solictor.
:D