PDA

View Full Version : O.K. Where will we get a CB from now?

Red Dawg
03-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Surely we will not throw a number one pick out there and expect great results. Law is a no go. Surtain is like a dead news because of the pick. Who else is there?

Hammock Parties
03-15-2005, 07:35 AM
The Chiefs are foolish if Surtain is not on the roster within a week.

|Zach|
03-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Time for the Chiefs Planet brain trust to put together their noggins.

I can't believe I am up right now. I didn't even know there was such thing as 7:42 am till today.

chiefmachine
03-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Ty Law is still going to Cleveland, Seattle, Oakland, ect. per the nfl network. He is doing the money merry-go-round , and if Carl was smart he didn't give him a solid #'s to shop like a smack wasting a salesman's time playing tennis with car quottes!!

milkman
03-15-2005, 08:13 AM

I can't believe I am up right now. I didn't even know there was such thing as 7:42 am till today.

Welcome to the real world.
Hope the visit is too traumatic.

Mr. Kotter
03-15-2005, 08:16 AM
I think you are premature in your dismissing the possibilities of Surtain, and Law. There's still plenty of time...and they both seem amenable to coming here...if CP gets a deal. And CP isn't gonna give 'em a deal, UNLESS he's pretty sure they can help.

|Zach|
03-15-2005, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the real world.
Hope the visit is too traumatic.
Yup haven't rocked the morning but a few times since highschool.

Good times.

eazyb81
03-15-2005, 08:46 AM
I think you are premature in your dismissing the possibilities of Surtain, and Law. There's still plenty of time...and they both seem amenable to coming here...if CP gets a deal. And CP isn't gonna give 'em a deal, UNLESS he's pretty sure they can help.

I agree, we should have until Draft Day to decide what we are going to do at CB. The Dolphins want to trade Surtain for draft picks, so we can't delay it any further after that or they will just keep him this season. I doubt anybody will offer Law a contract until he can pass a physical, so we should have until around Draft Day for him as well.

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 08:48 AM

ROFL WE are in the same boat...must be in the air...Quick ot the bat mobile!

CosmicPal
03-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Uhhhh, didn't you hear? Ty Law is having breakfast in his arrowhead jammies...

|Zach|
03-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Uhhhh, didn't you hear? Ty Law is having breakfast in his arrowhead jammies...
I want a pair.

el borracho
03-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Surely we will not throw a number one pick out there and expect great results. Law is a no go. Surtain is like a dead news because of the pick. Who else is there?
I would.

whoman69
03-15-2005, 12:28 PM
We still need 2. Warfield will not be available at the beginning of the season. Do we put Benny Sapp on the other side?

crossbow
03-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Ok, let me settle this. We trade our 1st round pick TO Law and then sign him to a performance heavy contract. Since he would be a Chief, we would get the pick back. Then Carl and lamar sell each other their cars for a profit. Use that money for signing bonuses to bring in Edgerton James who we turn around and trade to Miami for Surtain and their 1st round pick. With our two first rounds we draft DJ and Carlos.

There ya go... we are all set.

Archie Bunker
03-15-2005, 12:54 PM
If the Chiefs cant get Law or Surtain they would need to sign 2 out of these 4 CB and still draft one probably.

Herndon
Dyson
Edwards
Hill

Or they could bend over and let Al Davis rape them on Woodson. I doubt Carl would enjoy that.

At this point Surtain is worth a 1st rd pick to the Chiefs if Carl can get him for a 2nd that would be sweet.

crossbow
03-15-2005, 01:02 PM
If the Chiefs cant get Law or Surtain they would need to sign 2 out of these 4 CB and still draft one probably.

Herndon
Dyson
Edwards
Hill

Or they could bend over and let Al Davis rape them on Woodson. I doubt Carl would enjoy that.

At this point Surtain is worth a 1st rd pick to the Chiefs if Carl can get him for a 2nd that would be sweet.

I would avoid Woodson if at all possible. Davis would rape Carl big time (like you said) and he is a zone DB. We need man-to-man shutdown corners to play in Gunther's scheme. The other guys you list would make solid backups. We are going to need an All-Pro corner and a better pass rush to deal with Moss.

milkman
03-15-2005, 01:06 PM

Herndon
Dyson
Edwards
Hill

I've asked this before, but I just don't get how anyone that has been a fan of the Chiefs for any length of time can think that the Chiefs and Raiders would ever be trade partners?

Gravedigger
03-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Bring on the surtain screw waiting till draft day that's pretentious bullshite sign surtain give miami their draft pick trust me the odds are so in our favor on this one that it's not even funny. I mean Nick Saban isn't an idiot but it's his first NFL draft so he could be as crippled as us when it comes to drafts. The dolphins will suck next year as well let's take their knight and their surtain so theyre left with taylor and seau.

Archie Bunker
03-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I've asked this before, but I just don't get how anyone that has been a fan of the Chiefs for any length of time can think that the Chiefs and Raiders would ever be trade partners?

I know it would never happen nor would I be in favor of it. Sorry if I pooped in your oatmeal.