PDA

View Full Version : I need another explaination

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:04 PM
So I'm in the Social Security office the other day to get a new card since I lost mine. I'm looking at the list of things that are unacceptable to ID yourself and one is your Birth Certificate. I thought ok that makes sense no picture on the Birth Cert no ID...then I look at the list of acceptable and about fell out of my chair....DD214 (Military Dishcharge papers) no Photo there either, Student ID (talk about easy to fake), Church membership roll (WTF?!?) So I ask the guy at the counter when I get up ther what gives why no birth certificate? his reply "Becasue it doesn't estabilish identity" I said yeah well neither does a DD214. his reply "yes it does" I said Really I have one and it has exactly the same information on it as my birth certificate...his reply...grumble grumble grumble...ask the supervisor something and completley change the subject....WTH!?! Church Membership rolls but not an effin Birth Cert....what is the SSA smokin cuz I want some!

Braincase
03-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Put ink on your feet and stomp on his face. Tell him to compare that to your birth certificate...

go bo
you're just ticked because you don't have any church membership roll to show 'em...

milkman
How about this.

Illegal aliens won't be able to get SSNs if they have to produce BCs.

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:08 PM
you're just ticked because you don't have any church membership roll to show 'em...
ROFL

go bo
03-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Put ink on your feet and stomp on his face. Tell him to compare that to your birth certificate...ROFL ROFL ROFL

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:09 PM
How about this.

Thats my point...I think...Birth Certs are more reliable than say CHURCH MEBERSHIP ROLLS! :banghead:

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Put ink on your feet and stomp on his face. Tell him to compare that to your birth certificate...

ROFL ROFL nice idea :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2005, 04:13 PM
How about this.

George Bush is proposing to Congress this week that we give all illegal immigrants Soc numbers so we can keep track of what their taxes WOULD have been.

Rain Man
03-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Let me guess. They'll accept a passport too, and to get a passport all you need to supply is a birth certificate.

I would agree. If you require a birth certificate, illegal aliens can't get SSNs.

Phobia
03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Are you asking for actually asking for validation of a governmental procedure?

What happened to Keep it Simple? This country went to hell the moment we started letting a bunch of lawyers run it. Nobody knows the law anymore. How could you? It's an entire library....

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Let me guess. They'll accept a passport too, and to get a passport all you need to supply is a birth certificate.

I would agree. If you require a birth certificate, illegal aliens can't get SSNs.

Passport is acceptable:banghead:

Logical
03-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I find this inconsistency weird. When I was getting new SS cards for my children what they wanted was a copy of their birth certificate.

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I find this inconsistency weird. When I was getting new SS cards for my children what they wanted was a copy of their birth certificate.

and how long ago was this?

BigRedChief
03-15-2005, 04:26 PM
and how long ago was this?

Got one last year. Feel your pain.

Original birth certificate was needed. Sent off to the state to get a "validated" birth certificate.

badgirl
03-15-2005, 04:32 PM
probably cause they aren't 18 or over they don't have any other kind of documentation, except maby a school id. :hmmm:

Marco Polo
03-15-2005, 04:41 PM
a DD-214 is a government issued document where prior to receiving this, the gov't obviously has verified your citizenship and identity.

as far as children, the only birth certificates that are accepted are for infants to establish initial social security cards; anything else and the service representative should be reprimanded.

DenverChief
03-15-2005, 04:43 PM
a DD-214 is a government issued document where prior to receiving this, the gov't obviously has verified your citizenship and identity.

as far as children, the only birth certificates that are accepted are for infants to establish initial social security cards; anything else and the service representative should be reprimanded.

uh if you have a State issued Birth Cert are you not a citizen? and the DD214 could be printed off your average printer...a Birth Cert OTOH has all kinds of fancy saftey features that prevent unlawful reproduction