PDA

View Full Version : I need explanation

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Why are the Chiefs picking 15th in the draft when Carolina and Houston had the exact same records and beat the Chiefs during the regular season. My family is right, the NFL is out to get the Chiefs every single chance they get. This is only just now becoming an issue for me because as I look at some of these mock drafts I'm seeing that one has Derrick Johnson going 14th to the Panthers. (Which is probably way off base, as I can't imagine a team like Detroit not snatching him right up if he even lasts that long) It happened a few years ago when Seattle had the same record as the Chiefs and snatched Shaun Alexander right out of our hands. (At this point I'm not complaining about that either) Anyone know how these things work?

Phobia
03-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I know, but I cannot tell a noob. Sorry.

Spott
03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
If the teams have the same record, their draft order is based on the winning percentage of their opponents. The 7-9 team whose opponents had the lowest winning percentage would pick 1st.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I know, but I cannot tell a noob. Sorry.

............feel the love

Phobia
03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
............feel the love

Hey - it's for job security.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
If the teams have the same record, their draft order is based on the winning percentage of their opponents. The 7-9 team whose opponents had the lowest winning percentage would pick 1st.

Thank you, seems like b.s to me though, why have different tiebreakers for different situations. If it was for a playoff spot low and behold the Chiefs would've been screwed again. It's a gottdamm conspiricy I tell you.......

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey - it's for job security.

lol, I don't even get it, but it's still funny. I shouldn't have quit doing drugs..........

|Zach|
03-16-2005, 05:21 PM
I shouldn't have quit doing drugs..........
When I first saw this post I read the word "doing" as "dog"

Simplex3
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Thank you, seems like b.s to me though, why have different tiebreakers for different situations. If it was for a playoff spot low and behold the Chiefs would've been screwed again. It's a gottdamm conspiricy I tell you.......
Actually, if it was for the last playoff spot the Chiefs would have gotten it and the others would have gone home.

The Chiefs would have lost in the first round, but they would have gotten in.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Actually, if it was for the last playoff spot the Chiefs would have gotten it and the others would have gone home.

The Chiefs would have lost in the first round, but they would have gotten in.

Well maybe I'm just entirely unedumacated, I thought first tiebreaker was head to head.

Simplex3
03-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Well maybe I'm just entirely unedumacated, I thought first tiebreaker was head to head.
Hell if I know, I was referring to that particular tiebreaker, assuming everything else above it was equal.

The best way the Chiefs could keep from "getting screwed" would be to stop losing so much. Just a thought.

Rain Man
03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
When I first saw this post I read the word "doing" as "dog"

At least you didn't mix up 'drugs' and 'dogs'. That would've been worse.

|Zach|
03-16-2005, 05:36 PM
ROFL

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Not really, how hard is it to feed and water a darvocet?

Phobia
03-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Not really, how hard is it to feed and water a darvocet?

Is a suppository considered a "drug"? I'd hate to get one of those confused with a malmute....

|Zach|
03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
This thread has been nothing but trouble ever since Phobia began posting on it.

Calcountry
03-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Hell if I know, I was referring to that particular tiebreaker, assuming everything else above it was equal.

The best way the Chiefs could keep from "getting screwed" would be to stop losing so much. Just a thought.Long time no see, where have you been?

Good to see you posting again. :thumb: