PDA

View Full Version : Some News From Tennessee On Carlos Hall

RINGLEADER
03-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Not a lot, but I'm posting what they're giving...Any thoughts?

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/03/67054609.shtml?Element_ID=67054609

Wait and see: The Titans are awaiting word on whether the Kansas City Chiefs plan to make an offer to defensive end Carlos Hall.

Hall, a restricted free agent, visited Kansas City on Tuesday. If the Chiefs make him an offer, the Titans would have a chance to match it. If the Titans decided not to match, they'd be awarded a seventh-round draft pick.

''We'll certainly have to look at the offer,'' Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said. ''The thing about those guys is you do get some compensation. It's a seventh-rounder, which isn't great, but it's better than no compensation.''

The Titans have offered Hall a one-year contract worth $656,323.

Predarat
03-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Bonnie Holiday II. He does have potential and had an awesome rookie year. Hes at least a solid depth guy, between a starter and a regular player that doesnt start but gives the starters a rest. He has potential to be more, but he can do stupid things in critical situaltions and make a 3rd down a 1st down instead of a 4th down.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Bonnie Holiday II. He does have potential and had an awesome rookie year. Hes at least a solid depth guy, between a starter and a regular player that doesnt start but gives the starters a rest. He has potential to be more, but he can do stupid things in critical situaltions and make a 3rd down a 1st down instead of a 4th down.

I've seen a lot of optimism on the board over this guy, but I have to agree with you

Archie Bunker
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Has he been hurt the last 2 yrs or was he product of having Kearse on the other side?

I cant decide if he is worth the gamble or not. If its between him and Jay Williams I hope they sign Hall.

ChiefsCountry
03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
His rookie year he got all of his sacks because Kearse was hurt that year.

milkman
03-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I've seen a lot of optimism on the board over this guy, but I have to agree with you

I must have missed that optimism.

The reaction I've seen has been of the "eh" variety.

Chiefnj
03-17-2005, 11:53 AM
In his first NFL start he had a monster game with 3 sacks. He's been downhill since then. Vonnie Jr., without the size to help against the run.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 11:55 AM
I must have missed that optimism.

The reaction I've seen has been of the "eh" variety.

I stand corrected, a better way of surmising that would've been, I've seen SOME optimism rather than a lot. I'm just not too big on this guy and am satisfied with Hicks, Sims, Dalton, and Allen on our defensive line. Unless of course we can make some FA moves and then get a guy like Marcus Spears in the draft

Predarat
03-17-2005, 12:00 PM
He is not worth anything over a million. I wouldnt pay much over the vet min. for him. Hes not bad or anything, hes just not a real impact player. He had three sacks the first game of his rookie year, then five more the rest of the year. The two years after that he didnt do much. Now that I think about it giving up a 7th rounder and the vet min is all he is worth.

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I stand corrected, a better way of surmising that would've been, I've seen SOME optimism rather than a lot. I'm just not too big on this guy and am satisfied with Hicks, Sims, Dalton, and Allen on our defensive line. Unless of course we can make some FA moves and then get a guy like Marcus Spears in the draft

I'm not satisfied with that D-Line, but I know that we can't address every aspect of the D in just this one offseason, so I'll settle for it, for now.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-17-2005, 12:03 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5867

Hammock Parties
03-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Vonnie Holliday is the worst comparison I've heard for this guy. He's barely gotten into this league. Let him prove that he sucks.

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Let him prove that he sucks.

Now that's optimism! ROFL

ct
03-17-2005, 12:27 PM
So Carlos Hall may be a 'decent depth guy', at best from how is sounds, so what does anyone know of Jay Williams?

I'm all for a cheap depth DE, since I hope we get Surtain for that 2nd, and draft Rogers in the 1st, which means we won't pick again after 15 until like almost 100, at the end of day 1. And that's IF we get a 3rd round comp pick. Won't get much of an impact DE prospect at that point, most likely.

Archie Bunker
03-17-2005, 12:31 PM
So Carlos Hall may be a 'decent depth guy', at best from how is sounds, so what does anyone know of Jay Williams?

I'm all for a cheap depth DE, since I hope we get Surtain for that 2nd, and draft Rogers in the 1st, which means we won't pick again after 15 until like almost 100, at the end of day 1. And that's IF we get a 3rd round comp pick. Won't get much of an impact DE prospect at that point, most likely.

I know that Jay Williams is old(33) and his stats make you want to take a nap but I have never seen him play.

If the Chiefs trade for Surtain they will trade down and get a 2nd IMO.

Predarat
03-17-2005, 12:31 PM
The problem is his jackass agent wants more then 'decent depth guy' money. Of course its the Shark, Rosenhouse.

buddha
03-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Carlos Hall is much better than Holliday II. I would take him over Eric Hicks right now. I think Jared is going to be a good DE for us for years to come, but I think Hall could push Hicks to the bench.

ct
03-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I know that Jay Williams is old(33) and his stats make you want to take a nap but I have never seen him play.

If the Chiefs trade for Surtain they will trade down and get a 2nd IMO.

Thanks Arch, since I'm too lazy to look it up, or maybe cause I'm watchin the NCAA scoreboard. I'm not at all interested in a 33 year old depth guy. Still willing to take on a 4th year player who still has upside though, so long as he's fairly priced.

May have to go check the DE market, see who else is out there.

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Carlos Hall is much better than Holliday II. I would take him over Eric Hicks right now. I think Jared is going to be a good DE for us for years to come, but I think Hall could push Hicks to the bench.

Carlos Hall is a 260 lb RDE.

DenverChief
03-17-2005, 12:43 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5867
:sulk: