PDA

View Full Version : kcnut: Any News on Hartwell/Surtain?

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Was your call on Bell lucky? Or you got some more Chief's news for us? :hmmm:

What are you hearin' about Hartwell/Surtain, buddy? I readin' conflicting stuff from all over the country... :banghead:

Hey, I'll stop razzin' you about your spelling/grammar/ebonics if you scoop the big boys on these guys too.

Deal??? ;)

Phobia
03-17-2005, 12:49 PM
we hear big news today that all I know.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 12:57 PM
we hear big news today that all I know.

I sure hopin dat be case.

If it do it be a vodka/Squirt nite in his honor. :thumb:

Go CHIEFS!

Chiefnj
03-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Hartwell apologized for all the reports over the past week that he would sign "within 48 hours." It appears that his watch stopped and he didn't realize the 48 hours had expired.

tomahawk kid
03-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I sure hopin dat be case.

If it do it be a vodka/Squirt nite in his honor. :thumb:

Go CHIEFS!

Vodka and Squirt...... :drool:

Fire Me Boy!
03-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Hartwell has a narrowing of the wrist that keeps him from wearing a watch... something to be aware of. RUN AWAY!

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Hartwell has a narrowing of the wrist that keeps him from wearing a watch... something to be aware of. RUN AWAY!

Hell, Lamar signed Carl to a four year deal today....after a medical exam revealed he has no spine, and his head up his ass.

What's a narrow wrist? :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Vodka and Squirt...... :drool:

I've never had it....but I like Vodka/Collins; I suspect it's similar. Hope I get a chance to try some tonight..... :hmmm:

kcnut? Where you at little buddy? Any NEWS???

Hammock Parties
03-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Surtain trade good chiefs defense amazing now

milkman
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Hell, Lamar signed Carl to a four year deal today....after a medical exam revealed he has no spine, and his head up his ass.

ROFL

GoTrav

that's sig quality material!

Mr. Kotter
Surtain trade good chiefs defense amazing now

Pssst...you forgot to change your log-in....heh..... ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kc rush
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
The guys on 810 this morning were saying that since Herndon has signed with Seattle that helps us since they were one of the rumored trade partners with the Dolphins for Surtain. KC might become their only option.

Hoping that it happens soon.

go bo
03-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I've never had it....but I like Vodka/Collins; I suspect it's similar. Hope I get a chance to try some tonight..... :hmmm:

kcnut? Where you at little buddy? Any NEWS???i'm fond of gin and squirt... :BLVD: :D

Kyle401
03-17-2005, 01:55 PM
i'm fond of gin and squirt... :BLVD: :D
And I'm fond of squirting on Jen... :D

whoman69
03-17-2005, 02:16 PM
The guys on 810 this morning were saying that since Herndon has signed with Seattle that helps us since they were one of the rumored trade partners with the Dolphins for Surtain. KC might become their only option.

Hoping that it happens soon.
I would believe just as easily that it works against us, because he was on the players we were after as well. While the Dolphins may be more eager to part with him, Surtain's asking price just went up. He knows he is our last shot at the big time at CB.
I would have to say I really doubt the other thread that believes we are close to getting both Hartwell and Surtain. That's alot of cap room to clear with what we have available.

big nasty kcnut
03-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Not today folks. I'm too busy with other things. Plus he said he get his news a hour ahead of any annoucement.

htismaqe
03-17-2005, 02:50 PM
So it won't happen in the next 60 minutes...

:D

Donger
03-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I have a question: Do FAs ever sign without physically being in the team's head office? I can't think of one. So, if Surtain isn't in KC and he's not going to sign with the Chiefs.

So, where is he?

milkman
03-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I have a question: Do FAs ever sign without physically being in the team's head office? I can't think of one. So, if Surtain isn't in KC and he's not going to sign with the Chiefs.

So, where is he?

Surtain is not a FA.
The Chiefs have to aquire him via trade with Dolphins.

They will get a new contract hammerd out with Surtain before the deal will be sealed, but he doesn't need to be in KC to agree to terms.

Hammock Parties
03-17-2005, 02:59 PM

So, where is he?

He doesn't have to sign. He just needs to be traded. The contract can be worked out later.

Donger
03-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Surtain is not a FA.
The Chiefs have to aquire him via trade with Dolphins.

They will get a new contract hammerd out with Surtain before the deal will be sealed, but he doesn't need to be in KC to agree to terms.

Ah, thank you. My football education continues.

milkman
03-17-2005, 03:01 PM
He doesn't have to sign. He just needs to be traded. The contract can be worked out later.

I don't think that any trade will be consumated before a contract extension is agreed upon.

Logical
03-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Hartwell apologized for all the reports over the past week that he would sign "within 48 hours." It appears that his watch stopped and he didn't realize the 48 hours had expired.
ROFL

Logical
03-17-2005, 03:27 PM

What's a narrow wrist? :banghead::clap::thumb:ROFL

Nightfyre
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Who can we get to restructure to free up some more cap room? We could have a great defense everything falls into place.

Logical
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't think that any trade will be consumated before a contract extension is agreed upon.Agreed upon most likely, signed definitly unlikely.

I am pretty sure he has to be traded before he can actually be signed.

milkman
03-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Agreed upon most likely, signed definitly unlikely.

That's why I didn't say signed, and used the words "agreed upon".

Logical
03-17-2005, 03:41 PM
That's why I didn't say signed, and used the words "agreed upon".

I was supporting you against gochiefs who you had quoted.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Not today folks. I'm too busy with other things. Plus he said he get his news a hour ahead of any annoucement.

Come on, nut. :deevee:

Well, at the least....you make sure he call you then, so you can tell us. Okay?

big nasty kcnut
03-17-2005, 03:47 PM
i'll try my best to reach him.

tomahawk kid
03-17-2005, 03:52 PM

You da man nut!

You da man!

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 04:03 PM

If this works out, we'll have to think up a new name for you, or get you a new Avvy.....

"kcscoop" or "scoopnut"

or

FRCDFED
03-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Agreed upon most likely, signed definitly unlikely.

I believe that if contract terms were agreed upon then the Dolphins would do a sign and trade.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I believe that if contract terms were agreed upon then the Dolphins would do a sign and trade.

The trade would still be subject to a physical though, wouldn't it?

milkman
03-17-2005, 07:55 PM
The trade would still be subject to a physical though, wouldn't it?

Yes.

milkman
03-17-2005, 07:57 PM

The Dolphins couldn't sign an extention.
They would take the cap hit.

The extension would have to be agreed upon by the Chiefs and Surtain.
The trade would then be consumated, the physical passed, then the contract extension signed.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
The Dolphins couldn't sign an extention.
They would take the cap hit.

The extension would have to be agreed upon by the Chiefs and Surtain.
The trade would then be consumated, the physical passed, then the contract extension signed.
the signing bonus could not be due at the time of the signing ... it could be do 48 hours later or just due pending the physical.

they can do it anyway they want

the trade is the easy part ... it's the contract agreement with the chiefs that is the difficult part.