PDA

View Full Version : I will call my shot

Dave Lane
03-17-2005, 08:20 PM
This is an easy one really:

Now that Carl is signed here is a list of the free agents we will sign before the draft:

Dave

go bo
03-17-2005, 08:22 PM
day-um... that many?

Pants
03-17-2005, 08:23 PM
He'll sign either Surtain or Law.

Wallcrawler
03-17-2005, 08:24 PM
I could care less if the Free agents are signed before, during, or after the draft.

As long as the roster is upgraded before the start of the regular season, I could care less when it happens.

Dave Lane
03-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Notice the before the draft...

Maybe a trade or law late actually maybe now that he has a contract he will get off his butt and get to work.

Dave

Wallcrawler
03-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Notice the before the draft...

Maybe a trade or law late actually maybe now that he has a contract he will get off his butt and get to work.

Dave

I wouldnt exactly say that he's slacking. Bell and Knight are good additions to this defense, and there are many guys visiting right now to potentially fill other roster spots.

Law is going to take some time, so that is a non issue right now. If he cant pass a physical, he wont be offered a deal. It will be some time before Law is back in the fold.

The Surtain deal could come down to draft day itself. The Dolphins need picks badly after dealing their second for A.J. Feely, and their third for Lamar Gordon. I think a deal can be reached with them, but Carl has never been one to rush into anything. He will weigh his options on draft day most likely before making a decision on whether or not to trade the pick. It could also depend heavily on Ty Law's status later on that determines whether or not the trade will be made. If we get Law, its highly unlikely that they trade their pick. I doubt the Chiefs could afford Law and Surtain both.

The Law/Surtain situation is deadlocked for now, until Ty Law progresses further into his rehab.

Dave Lane
03-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Good thoughts and analysis I just hate this I heard so and so is about to sign with the Chiefs. Lets get to the draft right now!

Dave

Wallcrawler
03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Good thoughts and analysis I just hate this I heard so and so is about to sign with the Chiefs. Lets get to the draft right now!

Dave

You and me both. Id like to fast forward to August already and see some damn football. NFL network is all right, but its like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

the Talking Can
03-17-2005, 08:50 PM
the idea the Chiefs will pay the going rate for a #1 CB is laughable....

Wallcrawler
03-17-2005, 09:09 PM

Well, until the regular season starts and we have not signed a true number one corner, you cannot say for sure that it wont happen. Doing that is just unneccessary negative thinking.

It might be well founded based on past offseasons, but its still useless nonetheless.

Surtain and Law are on the radar. If they werent at least considering paying the going rate, I doubt that their names would have even been mentioned this year.

It would have been more of a repeat of last year, where only one guy came to KC, and was gone the same day.

BIG K
03-17-2005, 10:52 PM

The idea that the Chiefs PAID good money for the #32 ranked General Manager AGAIN is laughable..... :)

Ultra Peanut
03-17-2005, 10:54 PM
I really hope you're right about us getting Dave.

J Diddy
03-17-2005, 10:55 PM
The idea that the Chiefs PAID good money for the #32 ranked General Manager AGAIN is laughable..... :)

I don't know how to tell you this, but we could do alot worse than Carl, yes we probably could do better, but nonetheless we could do worse.

BIG K
03-17-2005, 11:00 PM
I don't know how to tell you this, but we could do alot worse than Carl, yes we probably could do better, but nonetheless we could do worse.

I suppose your right, they could have asked me to be General Manager.
:p

Redcoats58
03-17-2005, 11:31 PM
We will sign a CB, you'll see. Why would he not pick one up since he renewed his contract? It's not like he didn't know he could get a contract extension. As long as he is lining Lamar's pockets with gold he has a job. He knows that. To me Carl is the antithesis of what the Chiefs should stand for, but that doesn't matter because I believe Lamar really only cares about the bottom line, money. I used to believe Lamar cared what the fans think but years upon years of mediocrity says otherwise.