PDA

View Full Version : LOL - Atlanta BB imploding about Hartwell "News"

carlos3652
03-18-2005, 12:09 AM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=77445

Falcons and LB Ed Hartwell Reach Agreement!!!!!!

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
JENKINS4MVP Today, 09:11 PM Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,065

im sure guys have came and gone by making statments without links, but look for it to be annouced TUESDAY!!!

Nightfyre
03-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I would laugh, but then it would force Hartwell to sign with the Falcons just to spite me. Bastardly luck that. My offseason still includes signing a cheaper veteran CB and a more expensive LB, drafting CB in the first, drafting DE in the second, WR in the third.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2005, 12:18 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

some dude posted "Stop it. Delete this thread immediatley." that's a copy and paste, see I know how to spell immediately, but it's still funny as hell

htismaqe
03-18-2005, 05:35 AM
I would laugh, but then it would force Hartwell to sign with the Falcons just to spite me. Bastardly luck that. My offseason still includes signing a cheaper veteran CB and a more expensive LB, drafting CB in the first, drafting DE in the second, WR in the third.

We don't have a 3rd.

beavis
03-18-2005, 09:32 AM
We don't have a 3rd.
Details, details...

whoman69
03-18-2005, 10:05 AM
They still haven't announced provisional picks yet. We may get one for losing Tait.

redfan
03-18-2005, 10:07 AM
They still haven't announced provisional picks yet. We may get one for losing Tait.

I don't think it will be a 3rd rounder. 5-6 maybe.

nascher
03-18-2005, 10:17 AM
3-4 the Tait Contract was HUGE !!!

Wile_E_Coyote
03-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Seattle Times 3/18

Hartwell decision close
Linebacker Edgerton Hartwell, who has made 331 tackles the past three seasons for the Baltimore Ravens, will likely decide by today from among the Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons and the Seahawks. Hartwell visited with the Seahawks this week. His agent, Harold Lewis, said he was negotiating with more than one team yesterday.

"We should have something resolved here very, very quickly," he said.

very, very quickly=later than sooner

EDIT: link- http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2002211421_hawk18.html

PHOG
03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Very, very quickly in the Hartwell time warp?

ROFL ROFL

:rolleyes:

Pants
03-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't want him here anymore.

morphius
03-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Seattle Times 3/18

Hartwell decision close
Linebacker Edgerton Hartwell, who has made 331 tackles the past three seasons for the Baltimore Ravens, will likely decide by today from among the Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons and the Seahawks. Hartwell visited with the Seahawks this week. His agent, Harold Lewis, said he was negotiating with more than one team yesterday.

very, very quickly=later than sooner
LMAO!!! Within 48 hours we should know. Yup, uh-huh, suuuure.

Baby Lee
03-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Does Hartwell think LBs are paid by the adjective?

morphius
03-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't want him here anymore.
The fact that some team is still negotiating for him says that we are probably out of the running, since we already gave him our final bid.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Bring in Surtain damnit.

Pants
03-18-2005, 11:43 AM
The fact that some team is still negotiating for him says that we are probably out of the running, since we already gave him our final bid.

Good, I want Surtain. Now.

InChiefsHeaven
03-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Good, I want Surtain. Now.

NO SHIT!! Why the hell are we ****in' around here?? :cuss:

Bwana
03-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Fug Hartwell, I am about burned out on his "special clock." I honestly don't give a rats ass who he signs with at this point as long as he does it in the near future.

Archie Bunker
03-18-2005, 12:03 PM
NO SHIT!! Why the hell are we ****in' around here?? :cuss:

I am starting to get a little worried. If at the end of free agency the Chiefs have done nothing more than get Bell and Knight I might as well watch my tapes from the last year because it will be no different. The defense still needs 1 OLBs, 2 CBs, and a DE. I seriously doubt that can come from the draft.

cheeeefs
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I had a dream about this last night. Except I was a FA cornerback, who had never really played cornerback... but all these teams had me confused with someone else and were offering me gobs of money. It was Atlanta, Seattle, and KC. I wanted to go to KC but they were giving me a paltry contract like 450,000 per year, and Atlanta was offering me over 10 mil... I ended up going to Atlanta, but it was because I knew that I actually didn't know how to play football and needed a frontloaded contract with Guaruntee's :D

Tribal Warfare
03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
guys we if we get Hartwell it shore up a piss poor run and pass defense. Surtain is great but knowing Carl he'll lowball him any chance he gets.

Hartwell will help KC in more ways than Surtain would it would allow bell to Blitz or play pass coverage and it take heat off of Sims,Dalton, and Siavii

htismaqe
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
guys we if we get Hartwell it shore up a piss poor run and pass defense. Surtain is great but knowing Carl he'll lowball him any chance he gets.

Hartwell will help KC in more ways than Surtain would it would allow bell to Blitz or play pass coverage and it take heat off of Sims,Dalton, and Siavii

Bell is a MLB. Hartwell is a MLB.

We need a CORNERBACK.

Correction.

We need a TOP CB.

HolmeZz
03-18-2005, 01:50 PM
The fact that we're one of his last 3 options and we haven't shown any interest in him recently, gives me a good feeling. Maybe our offer is the highest on the table?

Tribal Warfare
03-18-2005, 04:35 PM

We need a CORNERBACK.

Correction.

We need a TOP CB.

Correction - Bell is a OLB who can play MLB and Hartwell is a pure MLB. Therefore getting Hartwell would be in the best interest of KC, Because Hartwell can help out in more areas than pass coverage.

:shake:

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 04:40 PM

We need a CORNERBACK.

Correction.

We need a TOP CB.
oh i see...

free safety and strong safety are interchangeable but MLB and SSLB aren't

lazarus
~learning as he goes~

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 04:52 PM
free safety and strong safety are interchangeable but MLB and SSLB aren'tI didn't get to watch much last year, so I could be way off base, but isn't the MLB under gun's philosophy bascially responsible for the tackle-to-tackle 'box', whereas the outside positions have wider responsibilities, both in terms of space they have to cover as well as pass coverage?

And for whoever said that Bell is an OLB playing MLB, I hope you're right if we end up with both (which I don't expect). However, every word I've heard out of Pissburgh is that he can't cover at all, he can only rush. That's a problem, if it's true.

Tribal Warfare
03-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I didn't get to watch much last year, so I could be way off base, but isn't the MLB under gun's philosophy bascially responsible for the tackle-to-tackle 'box', whereas the outside positions have wider responsibilities, both in terms of space they have to cover as well as pass coverage?

And for whoever said that Bell is an OLB playing MLB, I hope you're right if we end up with both (which I don't expect).

he played OLB in college and was quite good

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=30119

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 07:11 PM
he played OLB in college and was quite good

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=30119From your link:Bell was the undisputed leader of Georgia's defensive unit…has a great feel for the play while it is developing…has superb quickness and acceleration…is very physical at the point of attack and uses his strength to easily disengage from larger blockers…was a special teams standout with five blocked kicks to his credit… started only 16 games but finished his University of Georgia career with 153 tackles (95 solos), seven quarterback sacks, 10 stops behind the line of scrimmage, five forced fumbles and 14 quarterback pressures…was a 2000 All-American Dream Team choice by The Sports Xchange and an All-Southeastern Conference second-team pick by the league's coaches…started the final 10 games at middle linebacker…finished second on the team with 92 tackles (53 solos)…had two sacks, five stops for losses and a pair of quarterback pressures…caused and recovered two fumbles…intercepted a pass and deflected three others…finished 1999 as the team's fourth leading tackler with 61 tackles (42 solos) despite not starting until the season's sixth game…registered five sacks and 10 stops for losses…was credited with 20 quarterback pressures…forced three fumbles, intercepted three passes and deflected another…set a school single-season record with five blocked kicks…was a Super Prep JUCO 100 selection during his two-year career at Middle Georgia Junior College (1997-98)…recorded 132 tackles with six sacks for a defensive unit that ranked first in the nation in 1998…played fullback in 1997 and gained 689 yards…majored in child and family development. I don't see OLB mentioned anywhere.

According to every piece of information I can find, he played MLB both at Middle Georgia Junior College and at the University of Georgia. I have yet to find a single article, link or blurb that would lead me to believe he ever played OLB in college.

Rob "boomer" Rang on Bell: “Kendrell Bell is a fine middle linebacker who may be the most ferocious hitter of this class,” said Rang. “Bell is underrated by some who point out that he was protected by two of the better defensive tackles in collegiate football (Richard Seymour and Marcus Stroud). However, those big boys didn’t help Bell when he was the starting middle linebacker and defensive leader of the most statistically dominating junior college defense in history.”

1999 University of Georgia Depth Chart, Bell's Junior year, lists him as a MLB: http://georgiadogs.collegesports.com/football/1999/depth99.shtml

2000 University of Georgia Depth Chart, Bell's Senior year, lists him as a MLB: http://georgiadogs.collegesports.com/football/2000/depth00.shtml

Tribal Warfare
03-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I know this guy played OLB I use to be from Georgia as a Freshman and Sophmore he was 6'1 and 220 pounds. In fact I use live in Augusta Georgia as a child

Manila-Chief
03-18-2005, 08:37 PM

We need a CORNERBACK.

Correction.

We need a TOP CB.

You are correct. It is not a matter of if Bell can play OLB ... it's a matter if C.P. will put that much money on 2 impact type guys playing the same position???? I don't think he will.

Also, correct ... we do need an IMPACT CB.... a healthy Law (now that Rolle & Smooth are gone) or Surtain!!!

Also, CP has stated that we need an impact CB!!!

Wishing for Hartwell is fantasy land. Would I like to have him? Yes, but the salary cap says we can't pay for 2 multi-million $$$ MLB ... where at least one and maybe both come off the field on passing downs....

So, I don't understand all these threads about Hartwell. His agent is only using the Chiefs name to up the ante.