PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium?

Dunit35
03-18-2005, 12:21 AM
What are you guys' thoughts about building a new stadium? Hunt wants a Super Bowl there between 2012-2022. The KC Star said something about a retractable roof stadium. Tagliabue said that it is very possible if Arrowhead was either renovated or a new stadium was built. What are your guys' thoughts about a dome stadium or even a retractable stadium. I have never been able to attend a game and it just wouldnt feel right if it was snowing/raining outside and was a comfortable 60-70 degrees inside.

milkman
03-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Not to be a smartass, but if you've never attended a game, how the hell would you know what feels right?

J Diddy
03-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Man I've frozen my ass off in the snow and got baked to a crisp. Put a retractable roof in there, they thought we were loud before...

jspchief
Hunt is spending too much time in the back of Ricky's van if he thinks a Superbowl will ever come to KC.

They trot this sh*t out everytime a team needs a new stadium. Even if the NFL ever did decide to go to cold weather stadiums for the Superbowl, there are a hell of a lot of bigger market venues that would be first in line.

J Diddy
Not to be a smartass, but if you've never attended a game, how the hell would you know what feels right?

ROFL

J Diddy
03-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Hunt is spending too much time in the back of Ricky's van if he thinks a Superbowl will ever come to KC.

They trot this sh*t out everytime a team needs a new stadium. Even if the NFL ever did decide to go to cold weather stadiums for the Superbowl, there are a hell of a lot of bigger market venues that would be first in line.

Like Jacksonville?

I think it could happen.
Especially with the history here.

jspchief
03-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Like Jacksonville?

I think it could happen.
Especially with the history here.

Florida is a cold weather venue now?

Jacksonville got it because every other warm weather stadium (or dome) has had 10 Superbowls.

If tommorrow the NFL said they will start accepting cold weather stadium bids, every cold weather team in the league would want their shot. Now tell me that KC is going to get it over large markets like NY, Chicago, and Washington. Or even ahead of a storied franchise like the GB.

Stinger
03-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Even if the NFL ever did decide to go to cold weather stadiums for the Superbowl,

If?? They are going to Detroit next year not exactly club med

J Diddy
03-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Florida is a cold weather venue now?

Jacksonville got it because every other warm weather stadium (or dome) has had 10 Superbowls.

If tommorrow the NFL said they will start accepting cold weather stadium bids, every cold weather team in the league would want their shot. Now tell me that KC is going to get it over large markets like NY, Chicago, and Washington. Or even ahead of a storied franchise like the GB.

If we have a retractable roof that is something NY, Chicago or Green Bay has.

Last time I checked the superbowl is in Detroit this year.

jspchief
03-18-2005, 12:35 AM
If?? They are going to Detroit next year not exactly club medI didn't realize I needed to point out the obvious. Detroit has a dome. Please add "outdoor" to all my "cold weather" statements.

Dunit35
03-18-2005, 12:35 AM

Because I have attended sporting events where it is either raining or snowing and I have attended sporting events where it is a dome. And I'd much rather be outside for the event then inside.

J Diddy
03-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I didn't realize I needed to point out the obvious. Detroit has a dome. Please add "outdoor" to all my "cold weather" statements.

Ummm, I don't know if you are aware of this...

But the whole KC superbowl plan is contigent on having a retractable roof or a new dome stadium.

milkman
03-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Because I have attended sporting events where it is either raining or snowing and I have attended sporting events where it is a dome. And I'd much rather be outside for the event then inside.

OK thanks.
Glad to get that cleared up.

jarjar
03-18-2005, 01:07 AM
I'd like a retractable just for the chance to one day entertain the SB, and for when the weather is really nasty.

milkman
03-18-2005, 01:10 AM
I'd like a retractable just for the chance to one day entertain the SB, and for when the weather is really nasty.

I'd like a retractable, just so I could watch it retract.

I'm easily entertained.

Dunit35
03-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Honestly who can forget the game against the (Seahawks?) and DT was sitting on the rain soaked field while pouring rain. It just wouldnt have been the same with a dumb roof.

Manila-Chief
03-18-2005, 04:39 AM
I got a problem with Lamar. He wants to bring a S.B. to K.C. ... How about him having a commitment to gettting his team into the S.B.?????

Resigning a G.M. who has allowed the team to not even win a playoff game in 12 years is not getting the job done.

If Hunt is going to resign him ... at least put pressure upon him to get his team to the S.B.....

I'm afraid we will never watch our team play in a S.B. until Lamar has a commitment to winning and not just $$$ success.

Phobia
03-18-2005, 07:54 AM

You would? That's a foreign concept to me. I don't like the cold, I don't like rain, I don't like snow.... give me dry and 70 degrees any day.

Phobia
03-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Honestly who can forget the game against the (Seahawks?) and DT was sitting on the rain soaked field while pouring rain. It just wouldnt have been the same with a dumb roof.

No, it wouldn't have - thankfully. That was a horrible game. The only memorable things about that game were that we won and it rained like hell.

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 08:44 AM
If we get a retractable roof we wil have a Super Bowl scheduled in a year. It would be a Lamar Hunt love fest for the NFL. He truly is one of the pioneers on the NFL. That being said and as a season ticket holder who is out in those seats rain, snow or cold I guess I could tolerate a retractable roof but only if there is extreme weather conditions, not just because its cold. Having a Super Bowl in town would pay for the stadium in tourist revenue. I heard that Jacksonville got 375 million in tourist dollars. That ain't chump change.

HemiEd
03-18-2005, 09:13 AM
I do not get to attend many games at Arrowhead so my opinion does not matter much. However, Arrowhead and the whole sports complex is a generator of respect for the foresight to build the complex that is still the envy of many franchises. Arrowhead should be updated for you people that get to go to the games, Super bowl or not.

whoman69
03-18-2005, 09:18 AM
NY is planning to build a stadium for the Jets and to sweeten the deal, Tagliabue has told the city that if it gets done, they get the Super Bowl. But that's New York. Seattle had an indoor stadium for how many years and didn't get the Super Bowl? My guess is that Jacksonville will not be seeing the SB for some time now, if ever.

CosmicPal
03-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Hunt should spend more time and money on his FOOTBALL TEAM getting a Super Bowl rather than his stadium getting one.

jiveturkey
03-18-2005, 09:35 AM
I like the retractable roof idea. Not only would it give us a shot at a SB but it would put us in the running for a final 4 again.

Having a new stadium would also allow us to be more competitive at the revenue level. A lot of people want Lamar to pull money from other parts of his business to pay for FA's and this will only get worse as Arrowhead gets older and other stadiums get newer.

Renovations will help but a new stadium will is far and away the better option IMO. :thumb:

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I like the retractable roof idea. Not only would it give us a shot at a SB but it would put us in the running for a final 4 again.

Having a new stadium would also allow us to be more competitive at the revenue level. A lot of people want Lamar to pull money from other parts of his business to pay for FA's and this will only get worse as Arrowhead gets older and other stadiums get newer.

Renovations will help but a new stadium will is far and away the better option IMO. :thumb:

WTF? Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard. :p

A lot of people want Lamar to pull money from other parts of his business to pay for FA's

You think this is the Royals? He makes at least 30 million profit every year after all expenses. The Chiefs make enough money to pay all the money that there is available under the cap to FA's. No issue there at all.

jiveturkey
03-18-2005, 10:04 AM

A lot of people want Lamar to pull money from other parts of his business to pay for FA's

You think this is the Royals? He makes at least 30 million profit every year after all expenses. The Chiefs make enough money to pay all the money that there is available under the cap to FA's. No issue there at all.So do you think that everything is fine and that we don't need a new stadium?

My crack pipe and I just couldn't step away. :)

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2005, 10:14 AM
You mean have a rectractable roof, like they wanted when they first tried to build Arrowhead.

Manila-Chief
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM

You think this is the Royals? He makes at least 30 million profit every year after all expenses. The Chiefs make enough money to pay all the money that there is available under the cap to FA's. No issue there at all.

Big Red,

On another note it seems to me that if Hunt is making $30 mil profits that he could contribute a large share towards building the rolling roof. I'm not a Jackson County resident, but it would only seem fair to the tax payers who built the stadium and pays for the upkeep of it.

I understand we shouldn't ask an owner to use money from other business/investments to pay for improvements but it could ... no SHOULD come from his profits. Would be different if he was losing money.

A sports owner ought to first be about the sport not about the profit. Hunt was about the sport in the beginning. Somewhere along the line he has lost his way.

All he has to do is take half his profits and fix up the stadium ... which by the way will only help him earn more money. He would still make $15 mil profit.

I have like the idea of the rolling roof since it was first designed. A brilliant concept. Grass can grow, use it natural in good weather, but keep it nice and dry in foul weather...

King_Chief_Fan
03-18-2005, 10:17 AM
If the city wants a superbowl to host....they will have to cough up the money to renovate or build.

If it is Hunt, ..... I doubt he want to part with one nickel.

Who benefits the most from a hosting of a SB?

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
So do you think that everything is fine and that we don't need a new stadium?

My crack pipe and I just couldn't step away. :)

I was just talking about your view that others wanted Lamar to funnel money into the Chiefs. The Chiefs dont need money funneled in, they are a profitable franchise. Stadium issue is totally seperate.

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
If the city wants a superbowl to host....they will have to cough up the money to renovate or build.

If it is Hunt, ..... I doubt he want to part with one nickel.

Who benefits the most from a hosting of a SB?

Yeah there is no way in hell that KC gets a Super Bowl without a retractable roof or a new doomed stadium, no matter how much the NFL loved Lamar.

CoMoChief
03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
we dont need any retractable roof or a new stadium, Arrowhead is one of the best places to watch any sporting event and why would we want to change that. Most teams that play indoors go outside during the playoffs and lose. Besides Missouri already has a dome team in the St. Louis Ass Rams.

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 10:24 AM
we dont need any retractable roof or a new stadium, Arrowhead is one of the best places to watch any sporting event and why would we want to change that. Most teams that play indoors go outside during the playoffs and lose. Besides Missouri already has a dome team in the St. Louis Ass Rams.

doesn't matter if we need it or not , its coming. The Chiefs want more suites for more money. King Carl just got handed the financial keys for 4 more years. Do the math. There will be a stadium issue on the ballot within a year.

Logical
03-18-2005, 10:32 AM
You would? That's a foreign concept to me. I don't like the cold, I don't like rain, I don't like snow.... give me dry and 70 degrees any day.Absolutely, those who love the elements can tailgate 4 hours before the game and get their fill. No to a dome, yes to a retractable roof.

beavis
03-18-2005, 10:43 AM
No, it wouldn't have - thankfully. That was a horrible game. The only memorable things about that game were that we won and it rained like hell.
Yep. I always wonder if same people that enjoy sitting in the freezing ass cold enjoy getting smacked in the head with a hammer.

Brando
03-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Shit..share it with the Royals. Make them change their colors to Red and White and change their name to the Monarchs. I'm on bored. December at Arrowhead SUCKS!

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Shit..share it with the Royals. Make them change their colors to Red and White and change their name to the Monarchs. I'm on bored. December at Arrowhead SUCKS!

I beg to differ sir.:harumph:

The Chiefs at Arrowhead never suck. :p