PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs postpone visit with Johnson

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2005, 02:34 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

God I hope this means they're doing something more "meaningful"

Chiefs | Johnson Visit Postponed - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:07:31 -0800

The Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs postponed the visit of free agent WR Kevin Johnson (Ravens). The team now plans to meet with him in the coming weeks.

KCTitus
03-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Well, not really, Carl wanted to go on vacation and put off pending FA visits until he gets back.

Hammock Parties
03-18-2005, 02:48 PM
They are waiting until the trade for Surtain is done. Then they will see what the cap numbers are so they can sign a couple more guys.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 03:19 PM
They are waiting until the trade for Surtain is done. Then they will see what the cap numbers are so they can sign a couple more guys.

more likely they have decided that Bannister will be cheaper

Iowanian
03-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Isn't Bannister Blazing fast....but Stonehands and a poor route runner?

I'm guessing its meaning Bannister is their man.

Logical
03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, not really, Carl wanted to go on vacation and put off pending FA visits until he gets back.

Close, I believe they are headed for a weeks worth of league meetings. Most likely Carl is concentrating on the key issue of the down by contact rule and putting all his energy into that.

kc rush
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Close, I believe they are headed for a weeks worth of league meetings. Most likely Carl is concentrating on the key issue of the down by contact rule and putting all his energy into that.

Just another reason to have separate President and GM titles.

whoman69
03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
There is no way we can make an offer to an offensive player with our defense so unsettled without a starting OLB and CB. Once we get both those positions filled, we might be able to look at a receiver.